VI.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shy touches, curious looks, and reluctant conversations.

A strangely fitted pair.

Slowly but surely... Something will grow.

     He never thought he'd continuously leave his class, only to go straight to another classroom, but here he was. Lee Taemin was sitting outside the first year Calculus class like a lost puppy, trying to ignore the stares he was getting. After his informative day at the preschool center, he truly wanted to apologize. Correctly, this time. He didn't have a full grasp on what a true apology was to Choi Suyeon, but he was sure he was at least going to be headed in the right direction. 
She didn't come out at the usual time, so he waited until class was let out.

Still wasn't there.

Kai came stumbling out, looking down at his friend in confusion. "Dude, what are you doing here?" 

"I came to see to Suyeon." The younger rolled his eyes, of course it was about Suyeon. "Well, she wasn't in class today."

          "Wait, what?" Taemin immediately jumped up and looked ready to sprint off into the distance. Kai quirked an eyebrow. This was a big change for Taemin. He was a really nice guy, yes, and wanted to make sure that people liked him. However, if someone didn't like him, and there was a solid reason for that, he wouldn't be bothered by it. 'Some people just won't like me. And that's okay. Everyone has those people that thye just can't like. It's not that they're bad people, they just don't sync up.'

Taemin had said that when he was paired up with Baekhyun for Physics. Kai and Baekhyun had always gotten along great, so when Taemin and the older boy had gotten into a heated conversation (he couldn't even call it a full-blown argument, the boys were both mature enough to see when they were being pushed to their limits, as shocking as it was)  he was confused. So when he questioned about he and Baek's friendship, the older had shrugged and said that to him.

    He was going to be the first to admit, though, that Choi Suyeon was something else, and Taemin was very stubborn when it came to doing something he had set his mind to. "I just said she wasn't in class."

        Before Kai had blinked, Taemin was picking up his backpack and striding down the hall. "Hey, hey wait! Where are you going?" Kai went after him struggling with his backpack. Taemin barely glanced over and continued his long strides down the hallway. 

"To find Suyeon." He stated. Kai rolled his eyes, huffing. 

      He skidded in front of his older friend, effectly stopping on him in his quest. "Why? You apologized, so it's over. I doubt she'd want to talk to you, unless something happened? Are you... friends with her?" He asked, eyes wide as he raked over Taemin's face for signs of whether he was right or not. The tone he had used for friends was not a negative one, purely curious and surprised. He had made her quite angry, after all.

Taemin flushed, coughing into his fist. "R-right.  About apologizing..." He trailed off. Kai's eyes widened, and he smacked Taemin on the chest. Hard.


     "Ow! H-hey what was that for?!"

"You ! You were supposed to apologize yesterday!!" Kai seethed, absolutely livid that his friend didn't apologize. He had set everything up so that he could apologize and get everything smoothed out. And he blows the whole ordeal off? That's a major disrespect to not only him, but Suyeon. 

       "Ow ow!! Hey quit it!" Taemin screeched, grabbing Kai's hand so he couldn't beat him anymore. "I tried to apologize, but she wouldn't accept it! So I went to preschool and a nice old lady told me what to do!" 

Kai's wrist dropped, eye wide and his jaw dropping open. Taemin blinked, staring back with just as wide eyes. They stood there before Taemin started to feel uncomfortable.

"What?" 

       Kai shook his head, gathering himself before responding. "What are you on and where can I get some?"

"Hey! It's the truth!" Taemin insisted, before heading towards the exit. Kai turned, "Where are you going??"

     Taemin turned around breifly, signaling good bye, "Back to preschool, see you later!"


New Message to: Leader Onew
 
Hey, why aren't you at school today? We miss you!

Onew sighed at the message, before putting it back in his pocket and knocking on the door, wincing as he heard quite horrendous heaving sounds coming from the room. 

     "Come in." A weak voice answered, and Onew opened the door to reveal a sick Suyeon, clutching the toliet bowl as a life line. She looked up at him, her eyes dull and looking just awful.

"Well you look fantastic." Onew grimaced, and Suyeon managed a weak glare.

       "Shut up. Ugh, it's bad enough that I have to miss school, and I had to drag you into this--" She let out a rather disturbing burp, before sticking her head back in the toliet and her hack shuddering as more bile left her body.

"What happened? Are you contagious? Is it the flu? Are you pregnant again??" Onew backed up a little. If there was one thing he did not want to be it was where Suyeon was right now. And if she was contagious, he'd probably end up quarantining her and taking Hyeonwoo back to his place until he could get her a doctor to look at her. If she was pregnant again he'd find the guy who did it and it'd be a very unpleasant end for the poor soul. She groaned, leaning her forehead against the cool rim of her current pillow.

        "No, no, and dear god no. This is the result of worry, stress, and slight food poisoning from that shady Thai place from down the street." 

"So you're not contagious. That's good. And I haven't seen you worry or stressed sick in a while. Are you sure that it's not mostly food poisoning?" Onew came and sat next to her, rubbing her back gently as she tried to steady her breathing.

     "I know. You'd think by now I'd have better control over my body when it comes to reacting to it, but I wasn't expecting this." 

"Expecting what? Big project? More stress at work?"

       "Lee Taemin."

Onew blinked. "Excuse me?"

       Suyeon swallowed, "A second year with an overly large nose that he likes to stick in other people's business. Lee Taemin. I was not expecting him."

"What... about him?" Onew asked, "Did he make things worse yesterday?"

     "No, no he didn't. That's the problem. He wanted to... actually be sorry."

"Wait wait. So you're telling me that you're emptying out your organs into this toilet bowl because of Taemin's sincere apology?"

     "I know it's a dumb reason! But then Hyeonwoo decided t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter