III.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn't want to let him in.

He didn't need to be let in.

They weren't expecting that was something fated to happen.  

Pain. Oh dear god the pain was unbearable. Taemin groaned under his breath, regretting all of the decisions he made last night at the club. He had fun, sure, but the hangover he was currently suffering from was the exact opposite of fun. As the dull thud pounded, he released another low groan as he rolled over and glanced at the clock. It was close to his first lecture, and although he wanted nothing more than to sleep off the dreadful hangover; he needed to get to class. 
 
     His body protested every step and movement he made, and once he looked in the mirror he had half a mind to not go to school. He shuddered, covering his messy locks with a beanie and grabbing a pair of sunglasses. Taemin shoved his books needed into his backpack and decided to text the one person who'd be concious at this hour: Onew. 
New Message to Onew:
  Onew please help me i'm dying and i need to get to school.

As he stumbled out of his room, he noticed he wasn't the only one forcing himself to go to school. Key and Jonghyun were already milling about, looking as dead as he was and he could only hear deep groans of complaint coming from Minho's room. He dragged himself to the couch, collasping on it as Key grumbled and pushed his legs over to join him. 

       "Taemin, we need a ride to school. Text Onew." Key rasped, adjusting the fashionable sunglasses on his face. Taemin raked his eyes over his elder friend's body, wondering how the hell his friend could look so put together when he drank even more than he had last night. As he got hit on the leg by the boy as a way to tell him to hurry up, his phone buzzed obnoxiously against his hip, and he dug out the device, concentrating on the screen as he fumbled with unlocking it.

New Message from Onew:
    I expected as much. I'm assuming Key, Jonghyun, and if he even has a heartbeat Minho as well? I'll be there in ten.
 

Taemin shoved the phone at Key, grumbling something along the lines of 'answer him yourself, I can't look at the screen any longer', before leaning his head against the arm of the couch. When the phone was tossed onto his chest, he didn't even bother to put it back in his pocket. It was going to stay there until Onew got here, because there was no way you could get Taemin to move anywhere unless absolutely necessary. 

    Ten minutes passed rather too quickly for Taemin, and it seemed that the group all forgot one thing: Onew was a  when he was sober and the rest of them were not. A loud, obnoxious knock came from the door, intensifying the pounding that was going on in their heads and earning a chorus of groans. Jonghyun answered the door, glaring at the overly smug and chipper Onew that stood before them.

"Oh good, you guys are up! Let's go!" He cheered, and if Taemin's body wasn't protesting about moving any more than he needed, he was sure that his precious leader Onew would only have one good eye and possibly a bloody nose if he did anything else. Three groans resounded throughout the apartment, and once they groggily piled into the car, they took off. Onew asked once about Minho's disappearance at the stoplight, causing Key to curse loudly and forcibly turn the car around to retrieve the stubborn frog prince.

         It left Taemin wondering if he should've gotten out of bed at all, with the way things were going at this rate.

When lunch time came around, he couldn't have been happier. Although there were whispers and glances with his ragged appearance, it wasn't like it wasn't a common occurance. SHINee (along with Kai) had a habit of going to clubs or parties, occasionally (more than occasionally, if Taemin was being completely honest) getting a little bit more than tipsy, causing him to be in the state he was currently in. Well, the state they were all in.

      However much of a their leader could be though, all was forgiven when Onew presented hangover soup to all of them. "What? You thought I was going to just let you all suffer? What kind of leader to you take me for?" He feigned hurt, grinning as the other four dug into the delicious soup. 

"This is incredible, Onew," Minho managed to get out, "Did you make this?" 

     Onew faltered for a moment, but shook his head. "Nah, I went home yesterday to see my mom. I told her you guys were out and she made this for you." 
They all murmured a quiet 'thank you' to Onew's mom, and continued their eating. Key swallowed and looked over, "So, Onew, what did you need to study last night that you were so worried you end up getting sick for?"

"Music Theory." The answer was automatic, and Onew was hoping that it would be left at that. Unfortunately, hangover soup seemed to completely cure the nosy fashionista, and was working wonders on the others as well.

      "I totally could've helped you with that though!" Key insisted, waving his hands dramatically. Jonghyun and Taemin had to duck and cover their precious heads and food, but it should have been expecting sitting next to the Drama minor. Onew raised an amused eyebrow.

"Could you though? Last night? The homework was due today."

      "You know what? I find your lack of faith in my priorities insulting." Key huffed, crossing his arms, glaring at him through the dark glasses on his face. All went away when Kai joined them for lunch, looking worse for the wear and groaning, collasping next to Taemin and using his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter