XXVI.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's hard to find confidence when you're used to being in the shadows.

A friendly hand or two can help in surprising ways.

And a new look never hurt either.

                                               "Do I have to do this?" 
Usually, Suyeon wasn't one to whine or complain, but the tone she had at the moment towards the two men in the front seat of the car was very, very close to it. Baekhyun laughed a little.

    "Yes you do! Come on, Hyeonwoo's coming with us!" Key proclaimed, waving his hand beside her where her five year old was securely strapped into a carseat, sleeping the day away. She pursed her lips.

She leaned forward, tapping Baek's head. "Baek, you said we were dyeing my hair." 

      "I know, that's where we're going!" Baekhyun smiled brightly at her. 

"Can't we do it at your apartment?" She asked.

    "Hell no." The answer was quick, and even Key got curious as to why the young man was suddenly so short.

Key glanced over at him. "Why not?"

    "Yeah, why not?" Suyeon asked. She knew she sounded like a child, but she was curious. 

Baekhyun bit his lip. "Because... reasons."

     "Oh my god," Key cackled, "Did you ditch someone? In your own apartment? Oh my god!"

"Shut up!!" Baekhyun hissed, his ears turning red. Suyeon just giggled and poked him again. "Who is it? Party? Wouldn't you be hung over then?"

        "For your information," Baekhyun huffed, "I'm in a commited relationship and they knew I was leaving."

"Okay okay, geez Baek no need to get fussy." Key laughed, turning right at a stoplight.

    "We're almost there." Baekhyun noted, trying to get the attention away from his personal life and back onto where they were going. They pulled into the small local mall, and Suyeon raised an eyebrow.

"You brought me... to a mall."

     "Yupp!"

"To dye my hair."

     "Well, yeah." Baekhyun shrugged, like it was obvious. Suyeon felt like she was going to regret this.

Key parked relatively quickly and pulled everyone out, including a still disoriented baby Hyeonwoo, who woke up from his nap as they unbuckled his carseat. Suyeon bit the inside of her cheek, wondering if he was serious. They couldn't take terribly long, Hyeonwoo did not like shopping. Suyeon wasn't necessarily a fan either. She used to love it, but having a toddler that gets bored of just sitting there and staying in mom's sight and ends up making a bit of trouble, you grow to dislike it and just grab and go when it comes to clothes.

     However, they didn't start shopping right away. Instead the two men made a bee line to a very upscale looking salon. Baekhyun immediately ushered her into a booth, running around and getting things prepared. Key was currently occupying her son's attention, and she noticed that no one working in the salon stopped to question what was going on.

She in a breath. "Wow, Baek. You should've told me you worked in a salon."

    "Well, technically I don't. But I know someone here who lets me pretend like I do." Baekhyun shrugged, pulling out a pair of scissors.

"Is this legal???" Suyeon yelped, looking around. No one even batted an eye as Baekhyun ran around them, getting things here and there from their supplies.

    "No it's totally fine, he does my hair here all the time." Key offered, pinching Hyeonwoo's cheeks as the younger giggled.

"There is seriously something wrong with you two." She accused as Baekhyun twirled her around, away from the mirror. Baekhyun just clicked his tongue.

    "Shut up and let me do my magic."


An hour later, Suyeon was finally swiveled around to take a look at her new hair. It was a nice carmel blonde color with bangs, her hair falling over her shoulders the way it was supposed to. It took Suyeon a couple of moments to wrap her head around the fact that it was her hair. 

   "Wow, it looks... really nice, guys. Really." Suyeon nodded, playing with her bangs in the mirror. Hyeonwoo tugged on a couple of strands, looking at the new color with a strange expression.

"Momma, you look weird." He announced, pursing his lips. Suyeon managed a small smile. "I know, baby."

    "Does the blonde look bad? Because I think it looks wonderful on you." Baekhyun offered, looking a little worried. He must really have wanted her to like it. Suyeon smiled. Of course he did, this was his way of apologizing for the whole Luhan incident. 

  "No, Baek, it really does look nice. Hyeonwoo's just not used to my hair being this color."

Key laughed, adjusting Hyeonwoo on his hip behind her. "Well, now that Baekhyun's worked his magic, let's get started on my promise."

    "Shopping?"

"Shopping." Oh no. She saw that look cross her son's face.

    "This won't take long, right? I really should get Hyeonwoo back, he hates shopping--" Suyeon tried, but Key smacked her hand away. 

"Hyeonwoo?" Key asked the little boy, who looked up at his uncle with big eyes. "If you're very good for the next hour or two, I will buy you five cookies from that bakery you were oogling earlier."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter