Debut on the Block

I want to see you

“Kamsamnida” I said, bowing slightly as the worker gave me my order. I reached for my wallet to pay him but he stopped me.

 

            “It’s on the house today, please enjoy” he smiled. I smiled back at him, trying not to look really upset. I knew Zico was trying to get into the music business. I just never thought it would happen this soon, let alone before I confessed to him. Now what was a I supposed to do with this stupid CD?

 

            I sat at my usual table. It had a perfect view of the front counter, not that it mattered now. There was no handsome Zico to stare at. I sipped on my mocha latte. It didn’t taste the same, maybe because I was upset, but it was likely because Zico didn’t make it. I set my cup down and looked at the note that was folded in my hand. Hello Kitty stationary eh? How cute. I sighed, opening up the note.

 

            “______-ssi! I’m sorry that I couldn’t say good-bye to you in person, so this will have to do. I hope you do well in your studies! I know you will because you’re an amazing student. Please support me all you can! Until we meet again! Zico-oppa”

 

            I tried to hold back the tears. Maybe it was a good thing that I didn’t confess to him. The note implied that he only thought of me as a student from the University across the street. I was just about to crumple up the note when I noticed the bottom was folded up. I unfolded it, revealing another little note.

            “Ah PS _____-ssi. I really like you. When we meet again, I want to take you out. I can’t reveal the company or where I’ll be staying, but when I debut I want you to come to my showcase and yell ‘Zico-oppa! Saranghae!!’ I hope I’ll debut soon now. I want to see you.”

 

            I couldn’t believe what I just read. ‘I really like you’. Uhm, what? I couldn’t believe what was happening. He likes me? Why didn’t he tell me sooner? I’ve only been coming to this coffee shop for 3 months now. He had plenty of time to tell me. What a stupid boy.

 

            I smiled as I got up from the table to leave. “Kamsahamnida!” I said to the worker before leaving. He saw that I was happier and smiled at me. “See you tomorrow ____-ah!” we both laughed a bit.

 

            Walking across the street back to the campus I got stopped by a friend of mine.

 

“____-ah! Did you hear? Seven Seasons is debuting a new boy group! They released details on the members an hour ago. They’re all so cute! I think their name is going to be Block B or something like that. Look, here are the members’ names and profiles!” She said, handing me her phone. I looked through the members. They were all pretty cute, one had chubby baby cheeks and was adorable. I was smiling while looking at the pictures. All of a sudden my heart dropped and my smile disappeared.

 

            “_____- ah, what’s wrong?” my friend asked concerned by my expression. I shook my head and laughed. “Oh nothing, it’s just… this boy is really cute. I like him the best.” I said, pointing to a picture of Zico.