Wishful Thinking

I want to see you

“____-ah! They’re on now!” my roommate shouted at me. I was in the middle of doing an essay when Block B started to perform on Inkigayo. I figured taking a little break wouldn’t be too bad. I went over to the couch and sat down as the performance started. I sat there in awe as I watched Zico intently, he seemed so happy to be on that stage and it made my heart flutter in ways it hadn't since the last time I saw him face to face.

 

I felt myself get red as I kept staring at him. I’m sure my roommate noticed because out of the corner of my eye I could see her smirking in my direction. I couldn’t help it, I was watching the boy I love perform on live television and I couldn’t be happier for him. The only thing that would make me happier is if I could be there with him to cheer him on and to give him a hug when he comes off stage. That was definitely wishful thinking. Although I knew I could be doing that every night, I couldn’t start slacking on my schoolwork. I came here for a reason and I wasn’t going to let a boy get in the way of my dreams, even if he is the boy of my dreams.

 

After the performance I went back to my essay but easily go distracted and finished watching the show. I knew Block B wouldn’t win any awards since they were near the beginning of the program, but I still wanted to see if I could spot him. As the MCs were announcing the winner I saw Zico in the background trying hard to be seen while making a heart motion. He started mouthing a few words. I tried to focus in on him to see what he was saying. It kind of looked like he was...saying my name? Was Zico actually trying to make contact with me? Maybe I was just imagining it but even my roommate pointed it out. I felt like I made a terrible mistake in not trying to see him for the last few months and I started to feel sick to my stomach. Before I knew it I had broken down into tears. No matter how hard I tried to stop them they just wouldn’t stop falling.

 

My roommate came over to hug and comfort me. “____-ah….it’s okay. He’ll forgive you; it looks like he already has. This week we’ll go to Seven Seasons and go to see him okay? I know it’ll make you feel better and I’m sure he’ll be so happy to see you. Now ____-ah, wipe those tears, you still have an essay to write!” I tried to smile, I knew she was right about everything.