Imagine going on a date with Kai

Exo Imagines

"Y/N baby, over here!"

You turn around towards the sound of your beloved's voice. Sitting next to the window, Kim Jong-In waved you over to the coveted table overlooking the seaside, with a smile that made your heart skip a beat. How lucky you were to have such a handsome, sweet boyfriend like Kai. 

As he opens his arms, you rush in for the embrace. The scent of aftershave, cinnamon and apples waft up your nose as you breathe in his addictive scent, pressing your face against the firmness of his chest covered by a fluffy white sweater. You feel his breath on your hair and his hands encircle your fame perfectly. After two months apart, you truly missed him. 

"Honey, I missed you sooo much! 

You smile as the words you yearned to hear fall from Kai's lips, which was now pulled into a pout as he looked at you with his puppy dog eyes, forming his famous aegyo. 

"God, this kid has too much aegyo to be healthy." You thought quietly to yourself, as you laughed at him and pretended to swat his head. 

"Oppa, I missed you too." You say in your baby voice while pulling out your own aegyo. 

Kai smiles gently at your display before flashing a sly grin. For a moment you were confused and Kai, taking advantage of the moment, pulled you forward and molded his lips over yours. 

It was a sweet but passionate kiss, leaving you breathless and wondering where the hell did he learn to kiss like that? From across the table, your boyfriend looked pleased with himself, smiling at your blushing face as he sent a cheeky wink. A little bit of anger, embarrassment, but mostly love welled up inside your chest and you are ready to playfully scold him, when the waitress arrives

"Two cappuccinos and strawberry shortcakes. Enjoy your orders!" 

Kai thanked the waitress before turning back to you. 

"I knew you loved strawberry shortcakes, so I especially ordered them for you. Eat well, my little cookie!" He reaches over to lightly pinch at your cheeks.

"Yah, oppa!" You cutely complain, before digging into your food as a sign of gratitude for your boyfriend's consideration. Two or three spoonfuls into the dish, you suddenly stopped eating as you remembered something: your resolve to go on a diet and lose weight in preparation for the summer, so that you can look good for your boyfriend. Disappointment wrecked your happy mood. You ended up playing with your food rather than eating it to try and cover up the fact that you were dieting, a failed attempt which Kai, watchful of your actions, saw straight through. 

With brows knitted together in concern and worry laced in his voice, Kai asked "Y/N-ah, What's wrong? Baby, why aren't you eating? Do you not like it? If you don't, I can always order something else for you." 

"No, no, it's nothing. I'm not hungry, I'm full already. I had a big breakfast this morning. Haha..." An awkward laugh fills the silence. 

Kai looked at you questioningly and you could see that the cogs in his brain working at a thousand miles per hour, trying to figure out the problem. Finally, after a moment or two, Kai pursed his lips and looked at you accusingly with one arched eyebrow. 

"Y/N, tell me you're not dieting." 

'Oh no' you thought as the memory of you last confrontation with your boyfriend over this dieting business came to the forefront of your mind. The look of disappointment that crossed his face when he found out that you were dieting to get reach your goal weight of 45kg was one you never wanted to see again. 


"Jagiya......you're not serious. You're perfect the way you are! You're not even fat!"

"I know, I know. But everyday, I see you surrounded by those female idols who have freaking perfect proportions with ant waists and long slender legs. I can't compare to them. It just makes me feel so...inadequate." You say exasperatedly, motioning with your hands. 

"I just want to look good for you. Kai, don't worry. It's only a little bit of weight lost." 

You hung your head and for a frightening moment, there was silence. To you, nervous, it felt like a year before a sudden warmth enveloped your hand. 

"Y/N, look at me."

Hearing the softness and seriousness in Kai's voice, you lift your eyes to meet his, which like his voice held a kind of tenderness mixed with concern. You struggled to hold his gaze as you fought the urge to look away from shame and the intensity of his gaze.

"I love you, just the way you are, with all my heart. Although sometimes my job requires me to be surrounded by female idols, I don't spare a second glance at them. They don't appeal to me, in fact some of them look really unhealthy and unnatural with their paper thin limbs and doll proportions." 

A slight look of disgust crossed Kai's face before it was replaced by a look of deep contemplation. You remain unconvinced. How can having a 34-24-34 figure be revolting? 

"You're just saying that, but you don't mean it." You retort back.

Kai snapped his eyes back to your's, determination blazing, squeezing your hand harder. 

"No. I am not. What I want is a real, confident woman who has a healthy figure and can live everyday life to the full without constantly fussing over her appearance. Most importantly, I want you to have confidence in yourself because you look perfect the way you are and know that, to me, you're more beautiful than any other girl I've met. I don't even care if you weigh 200kg, I'll still choose you over any other girl because it's not only your outer appearance that attracts me but you as a person, the whole package-personality, humor, character- that draws me to you like a moth to flame. And if you stay the way you are, I won't ever leave. Never." 

You stared at the guy before you as the words slowly sank in. Stunned, touched, relieved. That was what you were, at the sincerity, love and emotion in his speech. The beginnings of a smile, initiated by the warmth growing in your chest, pulled at the corners of your lips. 

You continued to stare at Kai, who, now after seeing your smile, gifted you one of his. And you could say, it was the most gentlest, warmest smile you have ever received. Suddenly like a madwoman, you lunged yourself at him across the table, unable to compress the growing warmth swelling in your chest, and wrapped your arms around his frame in a hug which completely caught him unaware, judging by look of surprise on his face. Once again, you inhaled his familiar scent, as he returned the embrace. 

You're not sure how longed you two stayed like that for, simply bathing in each other's warmth and closeness. 

But once you separated, you blurted "I love you, Kai. Don't ever leave me."

As soon as the words left your moth, you realized how needy they sounded and nothing like the "confident woman" of Kai's dreams. 

Kai laughed lightheartedly. 

"Don't change and I won't. If you lose weight, how will I be able to do this?" 

You felt the playful.........at your chest before you saw it. 

"YAAH!!! You ert!"