Imagine Luhan is sad

Exo Imagines

It was a warm spring afternoon. You and Luhan are walking in the park beside the Han River, the warmth of his hand enveloping your's, heating up your very soul. Rosy peach blossoms glide on the gentle breeze before falling gracefully towards their resting place, as you slowly fall more and more for Luhan

"____(Your name) honey, I've missed you. I'm so sorry, I missed your birthday while I was promoting in China. But to make it up to you, I brought you back this...as a token of my love for you." 

And as Luhan proclaimed his love, out of his pocket he fishes out a silver ring. A RING! Oh My Goodness! Unfortunately, upon closer inspection, it wasn't THE ring to seal the deal. No it wasn't a wedding ring, but instead a cute couple ring with gold letters "Yours Forever" engraved around the band...and it was absolutely PERFECT! 

Your heart fluttered. Redness creeps into your cheek and you bashfully look down, afraid to let Luhan see the tears of joy, happiness and surprise threatening to form in your eyes. 

"____, don't be shy. You know you deserve it, a beautiful ring for an even more beautiful girl." Luhan cups your cheek, and right there as you gaze into each other's eyes, the universe opens up, nothing can seperate you two now, not even heaven nor the stars. 

"______ah, there you are! You're here! I was looking for you! I haven't seen your face for ages! Come and play soccer with me and the rest of the members!" You jump. And blink before pulling away from Luhan. You and Luhan are suddenly (and somewhat rudely) snapped out of your world, when Sehun, the ever energetic maknae, skip up to you, pleading you to play soccer with his signature puppy eyes and cute smile. Ohhhhh......how could you resist...and Sehun's right-you two haven't seen each other for 3 months. 

"Hahaha okay okay, little one, I will play soccer with you. I will see you later, Luhan!" You smile sweetly back at Luhan as Sehun drags you away towards the soccer pitch.

As you look back, you didn't expect to see Luhan hunched over himself with his back to you, elbows on his knees, face in his hands...and suddenly you are itching to run back, but now that all the other members are joyously hugging and greeting you, it would be cruel to let them down. 

So you and the 11 members of EXO start to play soccer. At first your mind keeps wandering back to Luhan, but as the game progress, your worries float away because EXO is so DAMN funny. The highlight was when Chen accidentally trips over his own toes and face-plants himself into a puddle of mud and you can not help but laugh, even when Chen, now sporting a mud facial, threatens you all with a death-glare. "Ya! You guys are SO mean! I thought you were my chingu!" After the laughter subdues, the EXO members and you grab a towel each, all pitching in to help wipe Chen clean. 

And the banter continues as the afternoon turned into evening and eventually to dusk. Finally as the game finishes, Suho, the "guardian", throws the first water bomb at you. 

"AAARRRRGGGHHH" You scream as the cold water hits your face and soaks your upper body. Silence follows as you and the others stand there in shock- SUHO of all people! 

"ATTACK!!!" The peaceful calm is punctured as the shock wears off, leading to the start of a full-out WWIII...and the scene is horrific. Screams fill the air, as the bombs find their targets and the soldiers, you and EXO, came tumbling to the grass like dominos with laughter flowing out of open mouths, and tear streaks across grass stained faces. 

Kai and D.O start tackling each other and Lay, being the cheeky unicorn that he is and seeing the perfect opportunity, starts to tickle you. Suddenly, you are rolling and thrashing upon the grass, screaming and laughing like a madman as you beg Lay to stop. 

"HAHAHAHA" The laughter is endless and you wish you could stay here forever...

WAIT! OH MY GOODNESS! The smile is wiped from your face as you turn back towards the bench. NO! Your heart aches. Luhan. He is still there. Knees drawn up to his chest and arms wrapped around himself. 

You forget everything else for all you can hear is sound of your heart slowly breaking, all you can see is the sight of Luhan, and all you can feel is the coldness of your hands, which, not 12 hours ago, was entwined with the warmth of Luhan's hands. You tap Luhan gently on the shoulder. No response. 

"Luhan-ah, I am sooo sorry......please" You finish off brokenly. Still no response.

"L-Lu-Luhan?" 

"Why don't you go finish hanging out with the others? You seemed to be enjoying yourself. Go." Came the bitter reply.

"I am sorry Luhan, I truly am. Please." You pull out his hand and hold it in between yours. "The others are my friends and I couldn't disappoint them, not when I haven't even seen them for ages! I am begging you Luhan. Please. I swear this will never ever happen again. Please forgive me! When we get home, I swear I am going to make it up to you. I will do the dishes for a week, I will cook all your favourite meals, I will let you hog the TV for a week. Just please forgive me!" You say, desperate and exasperated.

Silence.

A twitch of the shoulders. Luhan finally lifts his head...and smiles.

"Okay, I forgive you ____. But you have to do all those things you said. You swore you would! " 

You can't even speak, let alone argue back, so instead you tilt your head back and smile. There no longer feels like an anchor weighing down your heart. And the smile turns into a laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHA"

And Luhan laughs with you.

As the sun sinks below the horizon, the silhouette of two people embracing each other in the park near the Han River can be seen far and wide.