Imagine Kai cheating on you

Exo Imagines

"Aaaaahhhh...Home sweet home!" You drag your suitcase through the door, over the "WELCOME" mat and prop it against the wall before kicking off your runners and proceeding to plonk down onto the sofa like deadweight. 

Ten weeks in Singapore, paying a visit to your grandparents, has really worn you out. 

You couldn't wait to go home and now, as you lie face-down on the couch, you hear your boyfriend of 2 years, Kai, come running down the stairs. 

"Plonk, plonk, plonk.." You smile against the leather sofa. The thought of finally seeing Kai again was enough for you to muster up the remainder of your energy to lift yourself up and tackle him into a bear. 

"Kai!!! I've missed you so much! Oh my baby!" 

"Haha..." Kai stiffens in your arms. "I've missed you too, honey" 

You slightly frown. "What's wrong? Aren't you happy to see me?" You ask accusingly, sensing that something was off about Kai's response, or lack of. 

"No, honey, no. Haha. No, of course not.....I'm...I'm just shocked to see you, that is all."

"Hmph...I am going upstairs for a shower." You pout and cross your arms before turning on your heels. You walk up the stairs, imagining the hot water and steam easing your aching muscles and clearing your tired mind. 

With your mind preoccupied and too tired to think, you enter your shared bedroom, grab a towel and some clothes, not really seeing what you are doing or where you're going. You get ready to head to the bathroom when...

"WOAH!" THUMP! You land on the hard floor. Your knees are knocked pretty badly and you can feel the pain of a bruise already coming on. As you pull yourself off the floor, you turn to see what had caught your foot. 

"What the...?" You ask bewilderedly, 

"This isn't mine..." You stare at the pair of pink lace underwear on the floor. 

Your mind wakes up, and starts racing, trying to connect the dots. And as you sat there dumbfounded, Kai comes bursting into the room, worry written all over his face.

"Honey, Are you..." He finishes mid-sentence. His eyes widen as he spots the underwear near your feet. 

Realization hits home...hard. 

In that moment, you both stare at each other.

"YOU....y-you....ch-cheated..." A finger points in accusation as tears break past the flood barrier and start flowing out. 

"Honey, NO, I can explain I swear! I was drunk out of my mind, I thought she was YOU! Please, it was a mista-" 

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" You shout, scrambling backwards when Kai tries to grab your arm. You stare at him in disbelief.

" It was only a one-time mistake. Please I'm sorry! I love you so much. Please forgive me. I know I've stuffed up big time, but I swear to you that I will only ever love you. No other girl will ever capture my heart like you have. I will make it up to you no matter the consequences! Forgive me please!" Kai was on his knees, begging for forgiveness, begging for you, just like you always dreamed and you wanted to forgive him and pretend this never happened SO badly, maybe even more than Kai does.

"I'm sorry, Kai..." But no, you don't think you can look at him the same ever again. Not like the sweet, innocent guy that you first met 2 years ago. You wipe your tears and make you way towards the door.

Kai watches you with glistening wide eyes, shock and hurt. 

"Please, I need you. Don't leave. Ple..ease.." He tries to block the door way with his body.

You can feel the anger replacing the hurt as you coldly reply "You sure didn't need me for the past ten weeks, so why do you need me now. IT'S OVER, Kai. Goodbye.

With a resignation, you try to push past Kai. 

"Don't leave.Please." His hand grips your arm, but you pry them away and push them down, feeling disgusted that those same hands had touched another woman.

"Goodbye, Kai. I hope life treats you well." 

"You know, I will never stop loving you." A whisper.

You still walk away. You don't know whether it was the best decision, but it felt like the right choice to make. Maybe one day, in the future, you will know. Maybe one day, in another world, another time, another place, you two will meet again and maybe this time it will work.....but not in this world.