The Game Initiation

I Dare You

“Hyung! I win you! Yey!” said a precocious 10-year-old boy, dancing happily by the pavement beside the grassy field while his hyung was struggling to catch up with him on his bicycle.

 

“Ya! How did you win? You cheated,” puffed the chubby 11-year-old boy as he slowly cycled up to the dancing boy.

 

“I didn’t cheat. You are just too slow, hyung. I told you I can outrun you even if you are on the bicycle,” teased the younger one.

 

“Hmph!” sulked the older boy. The younger one immediately stopped his teasing when he saw that happening.

 

“Hyung?”

 

The older one kept quiet, his gaze kept to the ground in front of him. The younger one gulped guiltily. He didn’t want his favourite hyung to not speak to him. Afterall, they both agreed that no one would throw tantrum if one of them were to win against the other.

 

“Hyung?”

 

Silence again.

 

“Hyung? Mianhae eh.”

 

Without warning, the older one tackled the younger one to the ground while hitting him with random tickles up and down his side.

 

“Ah hyung! Stop! Stop! I… I… ticklish!”

 

“Who is winning now? Tell me. Who is winning now?”

 

“Ah hyung! Stop!”

 

“Say it. Say that Seunghyun hyung win. Or I won’t stop tickling you.”

 

“No! NO! Stop!” the younger one kept struggling while laughing due to the tickles.

 

“Say it, Ji. Or I will tickle you till you pee in your pants.”

 

“Okay. Okay. Seunghyunnie hyung win. SEUNGHYUNNIE HYUNG WIN!”

 

Seunghyun stopped his tickle attacks and smiled cheekily at his dongsaeng. He knew he lost the race but he was a sore loser. Hence he had to resort to dirty tricks to win. He knew Jiyong wouldn’t hold it against him, afterall, they both knew that these were merely innocent games.

 

“Ah hyung. Why can’t you just admit that you lose?” Jiyong pouted as he lied down on the grass next to the pavement. Seunghyun joined him.

 

“You’re such a sore loser.”

 

Seunghyun merely smiled. He didn’t know why either but he felt that he never want to lose to his beloved dongsaeng and childhood friend. Maybe it was his pride as being the elder one that he needed to always be the one winning in order to live up to his status as being the older one. He felt the need to be the “hero” in Jiyong’s eyes. And to be the hero, he must always be the one who win. It was just his twisted way of being better than the one.

 

Jiyong and Seunghyun had always been inseparable. They went to school together, they eat together and they play together. There was a time where they even refused to shower unless they were allowed to shower together. Even their parents had to intervene for it would inconvenient them.

 

Why are they inseparable? Well, their parents were best of friends and they lived right beside each other. Hence, throughout them growing up, they were never apart from each other. They even earned the nickname GTabi by their parents – Jiyong and Tabi. Jiyong’s nickname was obvious. His name practically said “G-Dragon”. On the other hand, Seunghyun’s nickname was abit more unique. He was given the nickname Tabi always known to have a mischievous glint in his eyes, very much like the Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland.   

 

“Hyung, would you ever let me win? And you not cheat?” Jiyong softly asked.

 

Seunghyun turned towards Jiyong, considering his answer.

 

“No. I will never let you win. Even if I have to cheat.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Because I’m older than you.”

 

“That’s not even a reason!”

 

A comfortable quiet silence fell between them. A long moment passed before Jiyong finally spoke again.

 

“Hyung”

 

“Hmm,” Seunghyun hummed sleepily.

 

“How about we play a game of “Truth or Dare” but only with dares?” Jiyong peeked at the elder, who looked as though he had fallen asleep.

 

“I’m listening.”

 

“Well, we each take turn giving each other dares to do. We have to do it, no matter how stupid or ridiculous it is or forfeit.”

 

“If either one of us want to forfeit, then that person will officially be known as the loser.”

 

“What you think hyung?”

 

“You game?”

 

There was a long pregnant pause before Seunghyun spoke.

 

“Is cheating allowed?”

 

Jiyong took a moment to think about it before answering.

 

“No.”

 

“No?”

 

“No. That wouldn’t be fair.”

 

“You sure you want to play this game, Yongie?” Seunghyun asked as he looked directly at Jiyong who nodded his head.

 

“Okay. I’m game.”

 

“But I would be the one to give the first dare, since I’m older,” Seunghyun smiled mischievously.

 

“But I was the one who suggested it.”

 

“Fine,”

 

And so the games began.