Wedding Tux

I Dare You

It was a beautiful sunny day for a wedding with the clear blue sky was clear blue with some dashes of clouds. A gentle breeze rustled the leaves in the vast greenery. One lone man was standing at the front of the altar. A man in his white tuxedo looked so breathtakingly beauty as he chatted with his best man. A soft chuckle escaped him every now and then. A slight blush on his cheeks as his best man seemed to be teasing him.

 

Another lone man was witnessing all of these from a far - a lone figure that seemed to mock the beauty of the ceremony that was about to take place.  He let out another long sigh as he watched the beautiful man standing at the altar – a distance not too far away but must as well be the other continent to him.  He shouldn’t be here. He was not needed here. If it was not for his meddling maknae, he would be on the plane out of this place – for the time being or even forever.

 

“Stop sighing hyung. You are calling in the clouds,” teased his maknae, Seungri. Seungri, whom was his namesake but of a different family name.

 

Without saying a word, he left out another long sigh.

 

“Hyung. If it pains you so much to see him getting married, why don’t you just walk up to him and sweep him away?”

 

“Seungri,” he said through his gritted teeth. He was already feeling vexed. He didn’t need his maknae to make things worst.  He knew the man standing at the altar did not know of his presence. Hell. He was not even invited in the first place. He was just listed as a guest to Seungri’s invitation.

 

“I mean. Come on hyung. It has been 5 years. 5 ing years. Are you still holding on to that stupid twisted game both of you been playing since you were like what, 10-11years old?” Seungri stated in hushed whisper.

 

“It’s not that easy, maknae. It’s not that easy.”

 

It would never be easy. The man standing on the altar would still hate him up till now.

 

“Why won’t it be easy? You love him and I bet he loves you too despite him getting married today.”

 

Before he could answer the question, the wedding march started to play indicating the entrance of the bride. He observed the bride walking slowly with her father by her side towards the man who held his heart. From afar, he saw his eyes smiled as his bride moved closer and closer. The lone man wished that those eyes were smiling for him instead. He wished that it were that man that was walking down towards him as he waited for him at the front of the altar.

 

He wished. He wished. He wished for lots of things.

 

“We are gathered here today to bring together this man and woman in holy matrimony,” the pastor started.

 

“If anyone think that these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

 

He was tempted to protest, to object violently to the marriage. Instead, he kept his silence and held his voice.

 

“This is the end. The end of our game, the end of our story,” he thought to himself.

 

He started to turn and about to make his walk quietly out but he stopped. He wanted to look at his love one last time before he leaves forever. As he turned back, his breath was caught at the back of his throat.

 

His love was looking directly at him with his coffee-colored eyes. It felt like eternity with neither breaking contact. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: And here's the first chapter. I hope you like it and do stay tune as I worked on the rest of the chapters. Not sure how long this story will be so I will let the story develop slowly.