-*3*-

Protect her

KAI'S POV:
After the surgery~

"How could you let her see you?!?!"

"What was i suppose to do? It's not like i have super speed!! It couldn't be helped, it was bound to happen some time."

"Urghhghg." I run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"What if she starts asking questions, like how you got there in the nick of time to save her life. Or how you took down a man twice your size without even breaking a sweat?!?!?"

"Relax, I'll just say that me being there was merely a coincidence, and i took hapkido since i was little. Problem solved--"

"IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE!!" The doctors didn't seem too amused with our little fight as they wrote stuff down. They all knew about me and my powers, so they weren't too shocked. 

"ok ok jeez i get it i ed up, you do need t-- agh!!" suddenly, baekhyun crumbles to the floor in pain, dropping the glass of water he was holding, causing it to shatter into a thousand pieces. 

"Hey, what is it?!" I ask as i run up to him and kneel down. But once i touch his shoulder, it feels like it's on fire and i immediately jump back. I tried to think of a way to help him, and the doctors just stood there and stared at him. Suddenly there was a blinding light that seemed to come from baekhyun, and in the blink of an eye, it was gone. So i kneel down next to baekhyun once more as he struggles to catch his breath.

"WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!?!"

"T-this happens whenever i access more of my b-brain's c-capacity. R-igh-t n-now i'm at-t 20% and just went up t-to 29% " He managed to say after it seemed like the pain died down a little bit. He was knelt down on the floor, panting. He looked so pale.

"This happens EVERY time?!?!"

"T-they get worse the more i access" *pant* "At 19% i-it just felt l-like a normal headache" *pant* "And then they started getting worse"

"Why didn't you tell me?!?!?"

"oh yea that's probably a good idea isn't it? heh"

"Yeah think!!"

The doctors that all look three shades paler and they quickly attached the IV drip to his arm before scurrying out the door, afraid that baekhyun would have another one of his outbursts as i helped baekhyun onto the bed.

Once he got laid down, the door opened and Sumin came in. 

Oh no! Did she see the light?!?! OH NO GHGHGHGHGHGHHGGHGGH— she didn’t don’t worry. 

Suddenly i heard baekhyun’s voice in my head. 

HOW ARE YOU IN MY HEAD?!?!?!

i guess this is the ability i got when i got to 29%.

“Are you okay?” I just realized that baekhyun and i were just standing there looking at each other for a good two minutes.

SUMIN’S POV:
I walk in the room to see a young man standing next to baekhyun who is laying down on the hospital bed looking paler than the white sheets.

“Are you okay?” I asked finally after about two minutes of awkward silence.

“Y-yeah I’m fine” Baekhyun spoke with a husky voice that sent shiver up and down my spine. 

NO! DON’T THINK ABOUT THAT NOW!!!

"U-ummmm" come on sumin just say it "I-i uh" just two words and you can leave "I- uh t-thank y-you."

Before Baekhyun could say anything i bolted out of the room and slammed the door shut.

Why am i so nervous? It's just hard to thank the guy i hate. Right? right of course, there's no other reason why i would be nervous around byun freaking baekhyun. 

I kept rambling on in my mind when i remembered the young man that was standing next to baekhyun. Who was he? He was probably just a doctor.
Suddenly i see said guy walking down the hall so i ran up to him.

"Hi my name is sumin.. um could i ask how baekhyun is?" He looked horrified that i was asking about baekhyun but then he quickly composed himself so i shook it off. 

"d-didn't you just go see him?"

"yeah but i only said thank you and left. i didn't really ask how he was. is he badly injured?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"Aren't you his doctor?"

"No..."

"OH SORRY I'LL GO FIND HIM THEN!" with that i ran off to avoid the awkwardness i had just created. So if he wasn't baekhyun's doctor, then who was he?

When i see a doctor walking out of baekhyun's room, i bolted towards him

"Hi doctor um could i ask how baekhyun is doing?"

"His injuries are healing but he doesn't seem to be responding to the pain medication, I might need to get a stronger sedative. But other than that i think he was lucky, the bullet didn't hit any major arteries or organs, and he doesn't seem to have lost too much blood so he'll be fine don't worry"

"Okay thank you." i was about to walk off when he spoke up again.

"Miss?"

"Yes?"

"Um how are you dealing with all this?"

"What do you mean?" I asked but then i remembered the guy that held the gun to my head and a shiver ran down my spine. "oh"

"Would you like someone to drive you home?"

"Yes that would be nice thank you."

The car ride home i just thought about what had happened and my mind kept wandering to baekhyun. I just justified it as gratitude towards the person that saved my life. 
Little did i know about the days to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys i dont know if i will be continuing this because no one is upvoting it but if you do want me to continue please write a comment or upvote or sumthin plzplzplz

hope you enjoyes this short short chapter TnT thank you for reading!!

happy43