The Tutoring

Against The Limits

Thursday wasn't Shion's favorite day of the week, but it was a day that always made her feel excited about the next day, which is Friday, her favorite day. But today, she didn't feel that excitement at all, it felt like it's Monday again, totally boring and tiring.

 

Last night felt like busy streets, restless. Confusing thoughts and heavy emotions held the same meaning as frustration, just flashing by her eyes and crossing through the center of her weaknesses, her heart. No matter how many times she tried to blame it all on him, she still found a way back to herself, back to feeling an unwanted guilt, back to pointing the reasons behind the uneasy wounds at her. Her night ended with two drops of tears, making her heart ache but relax afterwards.

 
 

Walking alone in the corridor again, the sound of her tired footsteps were echoing in the empty corridor, filling the whole place with hard taps but it sooner fell quiet when she slowly stopped. She looked at the open door of the class ahead of her, it was empty, no voices of both genders were heard, nobody was standing right there just like two days ago.

 

It was Mr. Park's previous class before he replaced her old math teacher. She remembered when she would pass by and judge him hardly, glaring sharply at him and the other two. But today, no tracks of them were found, no sounds of laughter were left to compete with her heavy straight footsteps, completely nothing but images that shadowed the old days.

 
 

Jimin wasn't feeling quite good today, but he tried his best to wear a fake smile every time someone greeted him. His mind was filled with words from yesterday's incident, and how the day turned from playful moments with her into an upsetting situation that led both of them to frustration, but the hidden truth they both told each other made it feel worth their little argument.

 

Even though he feels hurt whenever she talks rudely to him, he still wants to dig deeper into her true picture. He wants to see what's behind her cold mask, he wants to hear her laugh carelessly, he wants to stare into her thoughtful eyes closely, reading every thought that causes her distraction. He couldn't, but he will keep on trying until her unknown colors becomes his own knowledge.

 
 

When Shion spotted her class about three meter away, she stopped for a moment, wondering if Mr. Park has arrived or not. She started taking small steps towards the class, every step felt heavier than the last one, getting slightly nervous as two steps were left for her take.

 

Finally, she entered the class, and the first person she saw was Mr. Park, she immediately stopped right by the doorway. She can see his face from the side as he was sitting on the table with a book on his left hand, reading as if he wanted to distract himself from his thoughts with something. She kept looking at him, his hairstyle was a little different, his fringes were lifted up and pushed on the right side, showing off his forehead, it looked simple and stylish.

 

Looking at his watch, only two minutes left until he starts the lesson, he looked at Shion's seat next to the windows, no signs of her were found. He rested the book on the table before catching sight of someone standing by the doorway, it was Shion. He couldn't help but smile to her when he finally saw her, he felt relieved all of a sudden, like his whole body wanted to just go and talk to her.

 

Shion looked like a lost child, just staring at his smile like it was some sort of candy. She didn't realized she was still standing there, while all of the students were already waiting for the lesson. 'Aren't you gonna have a seat? I'll started the lesson in two minutes you know'. Jimin said when he wanted to snap Shion out of her thoughts. Shion widen her eyes when she heard him, the whole class was looking at her as they heard Jimin's words. 'Oh! Yeah of course! I was just .... just thinking of ... today's lesson!'. She said jokingly while grinning, just trying to clear the awkward situation.

 

Jimin chuckled softly when he heard her stupid excuse, he wanted to just squeeze her for looking cute with that wide grin on her face. Shion quickly made her way to her seat, not wanting to waste any more time. She felt happy to see him all smiling today, maybe he isn't upset anymore, or maybe he's trying to hide it behind a smile. She pouted as she thought about him, why is he trying to hide his pain? And why did he even bother to smile at her? She shook her head when she couldn't handle her guilty thoughts, she'll just take care of everything after her classes are done.

 
 

Her classes went smoothly today just like yesterday, except that her guilty thoughts were hunting her like a blacklist hunter. She kept on thinking of a good way to apologize to Mr. Park when she was on her way to the classroom for the tutoring, she already thought of one but she felt like it wasn't good enough. She didn't have the energy for some tutoring, but she wanted to apologize so badly that she even forgot he's actually going to tutor her.

 

Shion walked into the class without hesitation, she saw Mr. Park sitting next to her seat, listening to music while looking out the windows with meditation. The sunlight shined it's way into the classroom, passing on his face while lighting up the whole room with warm colors. She stopped her feet when she notices how dazzling he looked with that ray of sunshine on his face, painting his handsome features with glowing shades of true beauty.

 
 

Jimin sighed out of weariness, thinking too much about nonsense made him feel lost. He turned his head only to be met by Shion's amazed gaze. Removing his headphones, an excited grin instantly found it's way to his bright face, making Shion's heart stop for awhile from the mesmeric view her eyes are witnessing, he looked so angelic with that gorgeous grin sketched on his face.

 

'Oh you came! I thought you would ditch me or simply forget about it'. Jimin stood up and walked up to her. 'Really? Well, I thought you wouldn't be here because of.....'. She quickly shut , realizing that she almost spit out something stupid. He looked at her confusingly, wondering what was the thing she wanted to say. 'Because of what?'. He stepped closer to her as his curiosity took over him. ' Ahhh .... Umm ... it's nothing.... really, I was just mumbling some stupid things...!'. She said it quickly when he got closer to her, her nervousness is slowly increasing.

 

He stopped as the distance between them got shorter, only a few inched were left to separate them. 'Good. I thought something was wrong between us'. He whispered when he leaned closer to her ear, making her back off a little. He turned around and walked towards their seats, gesturing for Shion to follow him.

 
 

'Okay, let's start now, shall we? First, we're going to begin with this page, I'll show you some solutions for these equations then you'll be solving some later on'. She nodded when she heard him, hoping that she'll understand everything, or at least one thing. The tutoring wasn't as hard as she expected it, but it was kinda complicated for sure. Most of the things didn't manage to enter her small brain, but she focused hard to get them into her little head.

 

'Okay, now I'll let you solve two equations, then I'll decide whether you need more help or you're good till here'. He said when he finally finished explaining a whole lesson. At first, Shion didn't want to hold the pen and start solving the two equations, but when he looked right into her eyes while waiting for her to start writing down the solutions, she tried to calmly hold the pen and do her best so Jimin won't have to repeat everything again, or to just avoid eye contact with him.

 

Jimin carefully watched her writing and constantly erasing with amused eyes, something about the way she looked when she focused on every number she have written but sooner removed some of them made him feel entertained. Her bottom lip was between her teeth, biting the flesh while thinking deeply about the numbers she's dealing with, and sighing every time she caught a tiny mistake.

 
 

'finally, I finished'. She sighed heavily then dropped the pen on the table. 'I hope everything is correct though'. Jimin took her book and placed it on his desk to check her solutions, they were all correct, he couldn't spot a single mistake. Shion waited patiently for him to tell her the results, staring at him while he slowly checked everything she wrote. He put down her book then looked at her, smiling softly when he noticed her patient look.

 

'You did well, everything is correct'. He calmly said it like he wasn't even surprised at all. 'Really!? Thank God, I thought I messed up!'. She was surprised when she said that, she expected some little mistakes but it was 100% correct. 'You know Shion, i think you're good at this, but you don't pay enough attention in class, so that's why you're kinda failing'. Jimin said while he looked at her book again. 'Oh yeah, i used to be really good back in my first and second year of college, but this year, I screwed up in math because of the previous teacher. He was so boring and old, all I did was sleep and daydream'. She complained to him when she remebered her old self, and how smart she was in every subject.

 

'What if I was the one who taught you from the beginning of this year, would you be able to keep up your good grades?'. His eyes found hers again, curiously staring while he laid back comfortably. Shion felt tensed when the question seemed serious, and the more she thought about it the more it got harder for her to answer. Their stare lasted longer than Shion expected, his eyes were still searching for an answer in hers, which made her feel nervous and couldn't look away.

 

'Is my question that hard?'. He raised his brows when he got no answer. Shion gulped as she was trying to find her voice again. 'N-No, I-I just don't know w-what to s-say...'. She stuttered as she spoke, her voice was more of a whisper that he clearly heard. She turned her gaze to her table and started playing with her bracelet. Jimin threw his head to the back as he closed his eyes and sighed while his hands found their way into his pocket.

 

'Can I ask you another question?' He said while maintaining the same pose. She nodded as a response although he couldn't see it.'When are you gonna show me your true identity? Because I'm tired of investigating you'. His voice sounded tired and annoyed, his eyes were slightly opened to meet the white ceiling above him.

 

He weakly clenched his hands into fists as he thought about how hard it is to understand her, he hates how complicated she can be, but mostly, he hates the idea of her not being able to trust him enough to feel comfortable around him. He bit his bottom lip hard when anger became a part of the rushed emotions that were being dragged into his fatigued figure, allowing him to groan out of frustration.

 

'Maybe when you'll show me your true feelings first, then you'll be able to see my true identity after I bravely apologize to you'. Shion didn't even think twice about what she wanted to say, it came out stronger than she intended it to be, but clear enough to make Jimin sit straight and face her. She didn't want to face him because she might feel bad for saying it that way.

 

'Why do you want to see my true feelings? So you can feel bad enough to bravely apologize? Do you really think I'd accept such an apology when I'm the one who should be feeling bad about yesterday?'. He suddenly felt confused and angry, though he didn't show much when he fired back. He didn't get why would she feel bad for him, he already forgot about it until she brought it back to the conversation, or at least ignored it so she won't sense his sadness.

 

'No, you're wrong. I can't be myself around you when you're not even being honest with yourself'. Her voice fell weak and shaky, carrying the truth behind the thin wall between them. She wanted to see his sorrow within his gazing eyes, feel his pain from his obvious frown, and hear his sad tone whenever he speaks. But he hid it well from her and everyone else with a smile, a fake smile. And somehow, everybody fell for it, including herself.

 

She was confused, why did he do that in front of her? And how did he do it? To her, it was always hard to hide her true form and emotions from everyone, even though most of the time nobody managed to get through her, it still felt hard but mostly wrong. Until he saw it, he saw her behind her covers, he caught her bare face when she lowered her cold mask and ripped her tired face into a smiley one. He did that to her, she hated it. Why? Because she couldn't even remember when was the last time she ever smiled to someone before she met him. That's why she needed to see him in pain, so she can be sure she's not the only one who's smile isn't lasting.

 
 

Shion closed her book and grabbed it along with her other stuff, then she stood up, still looking at the floor, she slowly passed behind him. The urge to grab her hand hard then pull her into an embrace was burning him as he watched her leave the classroom quietly. He wanted her to stay longer, but it was so intense that they wouldn't know what to do or say to each other.

 

He looked at her empty seat, visualizing her as if she never have left the place. A small piece of paper was lying on the table, waiting for somebody to read it. He took it and read the two words that were written on it. "I'm sorry". It took only two words for him to smile again, but this time, it was sad and weak rather than fake or bright. 

 

 

 

 

This chapter was kinda better than the second one. But I promise you the next chapter is way more better than this one and its also kinda Kyuuu.

\@_@/