05 K I M B A P

Father and Daughter

 

Chapter 4: More than words can feel

 

When Jae Eun finally subsided from releasing emotions, Yoochun took that as an opportunity to feed her lunch. He opened his bento box and laid each layers atop the round table. In the first layer of the bento are rice formed into six handfuls of balls with crab sticks and green peas sprinkled around. While in the second layer, there are egg omelettes wrapped in a Japanese nori, baked fish cakes, and Korean viands of sorts. And in the last layer, there are skilfully-made kimbaps.

After Yoochun opened his lunch set, Jae Eun’s gaze suddenly fell on the Kimbaps.

 

“Jae Eun, open your mouth…” Jae Eun snapped out when Yoochun held his chopsticks, with a kimbap snipped in between, in front of her, “taste it. It’s delicious!” he giggled.

“Mianh, I don’t eat that…” she replied while pushing it away from her, irritation in her voice.

“Waeyo?”

“I can’t,” she looked away.

“Wae andwae?”

“I hate them…”

“Why do you hate these delicious kimbaps, then?” Yoochun held her chin and made her look at his eyes.

 

As if hypnotizing her, Yoochun told her to narrate the story behind why she hates them now when she used to like them in the past.

 

“You know what?”

“Hmm?”

“I don’t know much about your past for a bestfriend,” he felt weak, “…well, I only know a little.”

 

“Umma, where are we going?” a cute little girl around six years old popped out of nowhere, “why is appa packing up our clothes?”

“Oh my, baby! Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you earlier,” the older woman wiped her hands on her apron and carried her then put her down, sitting at the counter near her.

“I went to Yoochun oppa’s house,” she watched as her mom skilfully went back to rolling the number of kimbaps into a round, “wow! Kimbap!” she opened widely while waiting for her mom to give her one.

“Here you go, my baby,” Eunhye gave her a piece to taste, “how was it, Jae Eun?” she asked her cute daughter, who is covering like a lady while eating.

“So delicious!” Jae Eun then emphasized her statement with a hug.

“Aigoo! You’re so beautiful,” Eunhye pinched the bridge of her nose softly, “you should go to your appa now. We’ll be having a camping for three days at Nami Island,” she then said, answering her baby’s previous question.

 

Eunhye let her down so Jae Eun could go to her dad. She carefully walked upstairs and met her dad by the top stair.

 

“Jae Eun-ah, where have you been?” Jaejoong carried her in his arms, “your mom has been looking at for you all over the house but you can’t be seen anywhere,” he talked to her while they are walking to Jae Eun’s room.

“I played with Yoochun oppa,” she gave him the same answer Eunhye got from her.

“Do you like him? You always go there when you’re bored,” Jaejoong then got her new dress and dressed her up.

“Aniya, it’s not like that. Like what you said, I’m bored. And besides, he and Yoohwan oppa are the only friends I got,” she reasoned out like a teenager, making her dad laugh at her, “appa, what is so funny with what I said?”

“It’s not about it, my baby. It’s the way how you talked to me.”

“Waeyo? I didn’t disrespect you, did I?” she asked with too much confusion written all over her face.

“Why would I laugh if you did, then?” he looked at her then gave her aplenty of kisses on her face, “you’re like a teenager, that’s why. Omo! My baby is already growing up,” Jae Eun giggled loudly when she was being thrown up the air.

“Appa! Stop it now please,” she begged for him to stop.

 

Afterwhich Jaejoong stopped throwing her into the air, he descended the stairs while carrying Jae Eun and went straight to the kitchen, where Eunhye is still working with their foods.

 

“Honey, can you please help me here?” her gaze fell on the two, “I needed to finish this now or we won’t be able to catch our rides to Nami Island on time,” she felt hands massaging her shoulders.

“Sit down and rest for a while. I’ll finish this,” Jaejoong led her to the living room.

“Okay, are you sure?”

“Of course, honey,” he gave his wife a peck when suddenly, they heard little voice spoke.

“Appa!” Jae Eun approached, “I’ll help you, can I?” she pleaded with her hands clasped together.

“Alright, my baby…”

“YEAHEY!” the little girl pumped her fist up high.

“Sshhhh~ don’t be so loud,” Jaejoong held his index finger near his nose insinuating a command, “your mom is sleeping…” he pointed to the already sleeping Eunhye.

“Egimoni!” Jae Eun covered with her little hands, “sorry, appa…” the giggled lowly.

 

“…” Yoochun felt speechless.

 

For next few minutes, neither of the two spoke. They just savored with the flowering beauties around them and tried to find comfort within the thin air.

After the dismissal of the last subject at 5:30PM, Jae Eun walked separate ways with Yoochun. She wanted to be alone for quite a time so she decided to go for a walk by the riverside first before going home.

 

“Appa where is umma?” Jae Eun plopped herself at the sofa where Jaejoong is sitting, “oh, and why are you dressed like you’re going somewhere?” she added.

 “Your Eunhye umma is still at Gwangju… Let’s wait for your mom at the Han River, Jae Eun,” he stood up.

“Eh? But I’m still in my school uniform…”

“That doesn’t matter. You look beautiful, anyway.”

“Jinjja appa?”

“Ne, jeongmallyo, nae aegi… Now, let’s get going.”

 

Jaejoong’s car stopped and parked in a curb under the Han River Bridge. He held Jae Eun’s little hands and started to go for a walk for a while.

 

“Appa, I want ice cream…” she pointed to the ice cream stand.

“Okay okay…” they reached the stand, “which flavor would you like?”

“Chocomint!” she raised her hands up high.

“Here you go,” Jaejoong gave her the cone after the vendor served him the order.

“Thank you, appa!”

“Anything for you, my baby…”

“You’re the best appa in this world!” she kissed his cheek, “saranghaeyo, appa!”

“Ne, nado…” after then, Jaejoong carried her.

 

Jae Eun unknowingly flashed a smile from seeing a little girl and her dad together, while she is reflecting the past.

 

“Past had passed, Jae Eun,” she reminded herself, “never expect that things like those would ever happen again,” she looked at her wrist watch.

“I should go home now…”

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

My update for today.
Thanks for subscribing.

Hopefully, you’ll progress sooner.
Or should I say, it’ll be after another update after this?

Just stay tuned, ne?

Please comment and subscribe also.

I’m writing another fanfic for your, guys :]

 

-- barbieBOO --