21 E N R A G E D

Father and Daughter

Chapter 20: Think first before anything else...

 

 

Like the usual, Jaejoong drove to Jae Eun’s school to drop her there. He blew Jae Eun a kiss on her cheek before he found his way to his office for work.

When Jae Eun reached her homeroom, she greeted everyone and hugged Yoochun in exceptional. She turned bubblier than she already was.

 

“Baby girl’s in a very good mood today, ne?” Yoochun patted her hair.

“Oppa, can you not call me baby girl anymore?” Jae Eun asked her best friend that made him a bit taken aback by the sudden question.

“Why?” his voice then became hardly audible, “you never asked me to stop calling you that before. Did something happen?”

“No… I mean, NO! Really, nothing’s wrong,” the female find it too difficult to make a lie as she kept stuttering, “addressing me as ‘baby girl’ just doesn’t suit my age anymore…” she reasoned out while fiddling with her fingers.

Yoochun followed her gaze on her fingers, “you’re lying…” he then said firmly.

“Huh?” Jae Eun lifted her gaze to look at him in his eyes when she felt Yoochun tugged on the hand where she wore the ring Jaejoong gave her last night, “what do you mean?”

She, however, tried to conceal it by pulling away from his grasp but it was no use because Yoochun’s grip just got firmer, “Oppa… You’re hurting me…” Jae Eun protested when Yoochun started dragging her out their room, bringing her to a more secluded area, “yah! I said you’re hurting me!”

Jae Eun’s hand was now released from the tight hold of Yoochun, “tell me the truth, Kim Jae Eun!” he shouted loudly at her for the first time, “who gave you that ing ring?” Yoochun grabbed her hand again and showed her the ring she is wearing.

“What? You are overreacting just because of this ring?!” the female asked him with a bewildered expression.

“It isn’t just a ring, Jae Eun!” Yoochun defended himself, “it’s a damn partner of another couple ring…” he knew but Jae Eun would not stop lying.

“Don’t make a fuss over this ring,” she turned her back on him, attempting to walk away from him, when she was harshly pulled back by Yoochun.

“I am not ignorant for me not to know,” his eyes narrowed while looking at Jae Eun intensely with anger.

“It’s too disappointing how you suddenly turned so reckless to me over this ring,” Jae Eun told Yoochun, “but it’s even frustrating to see how you would not believe me anymore just because of a thing your eyes consider a dirt…” was her last statement before leaving Yoochun.

“Jae Eun…” he called out her name just about time, “I’m sorry,” Yoochun apologized to her although he knew it himself that Jae Eun is really lying to him.

His best friend was about to disappear in his sight, “I guess we both need a space for a while…” she said without even sparing him a look.

 

As her figure slowly disappeared from his vision, Yoochun raked his left finger on his hair, while the other one fished out on his pocket to get something.

 

I shouldn’t have…” he said while gazing at the metallic ring he is holding.

 

He was about to formally confess to Jae Eun that day with the ring he bought yesterday. Sadly, it was intruded with their fight about the ring on Jae Eun’s finger which Yoochun believes to be given by someone who’s secretly a special someone to her.

It was already their fourth and last subject before lunch when Yoochun decided to finally go back to their homeroom.

As expected, Jae Eun tried to avoid Yoochun’s presence. She even went with her other friends to the cafeteria when it was already time for lunch.

 

“Why didn’t you eat with Yoochun oppa?” one from the bunch finally broke the ice.

Jae Eun contemplated with a reason, “he told me he has something else to do this lunch…” she then continued playing with her still-untouched food.

“Really?” another one reassured as she received a nod from the female sitting across her, “but why does he seem so sad?” Jihyo, Jae Eun’s second best friend after Yoochun, elbowed the girl on her side knowingly.

 

After quite some time, they finished their foods. There are still a few more minutes left before the resuming of the seniors’ afternoon class. Jihyo requested for them to be alone in the school garden.

 

“What happened?” she spoke.

Jihyo snapped her fingers in front of her, getting her attention, “huh? Did you say something?”

“Something is definitely wrong,” she concluded after studying her behavior, “tell me…” Jihyo urged her.

“It’s nothing,” Jae Eun faked a smile, “I can handle it myself…”

“Are you sure?” Jihyo tilted her head on her side to look at her unreadable expression.

“Yes.”

“What really happened between you and oppa?” she knows her too well.

 

After asking her the same question constantly, Jae Eun finally gave up and told Jihyo about everything that happened.

 

Jihyo’s instinct told her to look at Jae Eun’s hand, “I can tell how oppa felt when he saw that ring…” she pointed out.

“Huh?”

“The ring is obviously a half of another one,” Jihyo shook her head in disbelief, “oppa is right… Someone special must’ve given that to you.”

“But I’m not even in a relationship,” Jae Eun frowned from what she her brain told her to say.

“Dear,” Jihyo held her hands, “he was only asking for the person who gave the ring to you,” she said a matter-of-factly, “why didn’t you just tell him earlier so everything wouldn’t have ended this way?”

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello Readers!
This will be my last post.

After this, my older sister will be taking over
in writing the remaining chapters
and eventually, the sequel that I planned.

It's been so long since I last updated.
And I really hope you'd love this.


Oh, two have unsubscribed.
Sorry if I'm too irresponsible for an author.
But I hope you'd come back some other time.

Anyways...

More Love and Praises to this fanfic ~~

More Comments and More Subscribers!

I Love You all Guys!


Happy Christmas in Advance.

 

-- barbieBOO --