TR||Long Haul Winners||

TENDER ROSE || Writing Contest || All Winners Announced|| (New Competition) ||
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

prize winners

Long Haul

Long Haul •Winners • Honorable Mentions • Readers' Choice • Nominations

theme nominations

For excellence in execution of the theme

(Winners announced below)

Nominations for Silent Love

 

The Five Stages of Loss, Illicits
Ex Cathedra/From The Chair, vigour
The Distance Between You And Me, ShinBo
Said and Done, charmicky

 

Nominations for Exodus

 

After Prison, JaeKnight
Odd Boy, Odd Eye, Banana654321
I'll Remember You, optimus-unreal

You Look So Precious (With Your Blood Nose), emchan
Pretty Boy (I'm Nobody), JungMichan
Genie, pinkpanther1017
 

 

 

Nominations for Enter the Unicorn

 

Confessions of a Tooth Fairy, TheBookworm

Ice Dreams, coldlights
Kim Kai, Private Eye, jessers_alti

There is no set number of nominations per theme.  Those nominated for theme winners are up against those writing in their themes from Fast Track and Short Haul categories as well.  Anybody who has placed first or second in a category is excluded from the possibility of being a theme winner.

first place

ohchen: The Snake Lady

Theme: Enter the Unicorn

 

 

Choosing the top three was very hard, but this just stood out in every way.  The characters were great; the writing was great; the plot was great.  Everything was great.  I enjoyed it from start to finish, from the plot twists I could guess to the ones I couldn't.  ohchen always delivers and it was a delight to actually read a fully finished fic from her.  All I'm wondering now is when the ancient Greek river spirits idea might materialise (though that might not have gone too well with a badass female vegetarian assassin) and where I can find some more assassin!aus with Baekhyun.

Prizes:

– 7000 karma points & upvote (already done)

– feature in my recs list

– feature in the Reading is Beautiful shop

– story graphic designed by StarCross

All prizes should be awarded by the end of November (allowing reasonable time for the graphic to be made!).
 

second place

JungMichan: Pretty Boy (I'm Nobody)

Theme: Exodus

I knew this would be in the top three list the moment I started reading it.  Eating disorders – or, to be frank, most disorders – are hard to tackle at the best of times, let alone tackling them well, and all round this fic just struck very close to home, especially with the beginnings of the recovery.  The writing might not have been quite as tight as one or two other entries, but it was the entry that packed by far the biggest emotional punch.  Not everybody will feel comfortable reading it, but it is not a comfortable subject matter and one many people like to shirk, especially if they don't understand it (and more so if they don't understand it but think they do). Props to JungMichan for giving such sensitive treatment to such a difficult topic.
 

Prizes:

– 4000 karma points & upvote (already done)

– feature in my recs list

– feature in the Reading is Beautiful shop

 

All prizes should be awarded by the end of November.

third place

monstaruni5: leaving suburbia

Theme: Exodus

To be completely honest, I'm still not entirely sure what I make of this one, because it is a far cry from your usual fanfic.  It's the sort of content I'd expect to find in a bookshop somewhere, or to be discussing in literature class or in a reading group.  The pacing is at times a little fast, but the characters each have their charm and being able to pull off a plot that's told from different time points and do it well is very hard.  Kudos to the author.  It's not easy and it was done well.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter