Chapter 14

One Night Surprise

"Yue, are you free this weekend?" Anna asked an unexpected question as soon as Yue got back from work on a Thursday evening. "As of right now, I don't have anything planned this weekend," she answered as she took off her shoes at the doorstep. "Not even working for the robot Wu?" Anna has taken a liking to refer to Yifan as 'robot Wu' in the house ever since their last encounter. "He is too handsome to be a human and his workaholic nature just suits to that of a robot," she claimed before coming up with the nickname. 

"Nope, I don't have plans to work for Mr.Wu this weekend," Yue shook her head, "yet," she added to make sure she doesn't disappoint her friend. 

"Goooooood!" Anna clapped happily, "We're going out together. You, me and Soo." 

Yue sighed, "Anna, in case you haven't realized, I really don't like third-wheeling. You and Soo just talks about cooking all the time when you meet, like which restaurant is good, which coffee store has new stock, which spice store is having a sale." Both Anna and Kyungsoo are assistant chefs in different restaurants, which made them as food enthusiasts as well as the couple with common interest. Whenever Yue hung out with them, she felt left out, for the two would talk about food extensively beyond Yue's interest. 

"No, you won't be left out. I promise. We're going to take you to a really nice cafè!" 

~~~

"You tricked me into going on a double-date, didn't you, Miss Yu?" Yue glared at Anna as soon as she saw Kyungsoo and a stranger entering the cafè they were supposed to meet up at. The stranger looked like a straight up bad boy; with tanned skin, light brown hair and has a lithe frame taller than the shortie Kyungsoo. Anna was grinning like a Cheshire cat, half mysterious half mischievous. "I know you will be too shy to come out if I say 'hey, let's go on a double date!' so I tricked you a little. It's for your own good, sweetheart." 

"But, what's the point?" Yue frowned and asked as she sipped on the latte. "When was the last time you came out to enjoy yourself?" She frowned and thought back, "3 months ago? I think..." 

"See?" Anna patted her shoulder, "that's why I brought you here. Jongin is a really close friend of Soo. And he's the one who asked me to introduce to you after he saw your picture on my phone." 

"Anna..." Yue sighed exasperatedly, "I..." Anna put a finger on her lips, "Hush child, Hush. You said you think you like robot Wu. This is a test to see whether you like robot Wu or not." 

"How is that even-" the conversation was cut off by Kyungsoo and his friend. 

"Hi Yue," Kyungsoo smiled, "sorry we're late."  

Yue smiled and shook her head to say that it was okay, "it's fine, Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo pointed at the friend beside him, "This is Jongin. My friend back in uni." 

"Hello," Yue extended her hand to shake hands with Jongin, who politely took her hand, "Wang Yue. Nice to meet you. I'm also a friend of Kyungsoo, well through my friend here." He flashed his white teeth and grinned, "Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you."

As their hang out progressed, Yue learned that Kim Jongin is a well-mannered, yet shy guy. He wouldn't speak much but would listen to what other people have to say, only pointing out here and there. For most of the time, he sat at the seat across Yue and smiled by himself. Yue also came to know that Jongin is a professional ballerino, which came off as a surprise to her since she had thought Jongin would be a chef since Kyungsoo is also one.

"You should come and watch one of my performances. I'll give you free tickets!" he excitedly told her. She nodded and promised that she would come and watch at least one of his performances at the National Theatre.

When Yue and Anna got back from home, she got a message from Jongin, asking her whether she'd be available next week Friday to watch a movie. She replied with a 'yes' to see where this would lead her.

This might, perhaps, clear her confusion with the feelings towards robot Wu.

~~~

Kim Jongin is such a nice guy, despite his bad boy looks. At first glance, Kim Jongin gives off an expression of a playboy bad guy who would be extremely skilled and experienced at dating but the reality was a complete opposite. He is utterly clueless. When he's around Yue, he turns into a puppy who is extremely shy, while smiling a lot. Nevertheless, he turns out to be a charming and caring person, which Yue was glad about for she had experienced worse first date experiences back in university.

They are both big fans of dogs, and spent their first date at a dog cafe before heading out to the theatre to watch a movie. The whole date was a nice experience, which led her to agree on another date, which was to go and watch Jongin perform before going to a restaurant the upcoming weekend. Anna was the happiest one when she heard that Yue was going on another date with Jongin, "that means we are two bffs dating two bffs. Can you feel my excitement?!" she squealed.

~~~

The days flew by quickly and it arrived to the said date weekend. Yue's work was still hectic as usual, still giving her panic attacks at night now and then from the stress. Mr.Wu had also been busy with the new merger deal with a new company. He had been spending his time in the office facing piles and piles of paperworks and attending one meeting after another; to a point that they didn't even have time to talk to each other casually other than talking about files that needed to be expected, signed, and sent out. 

All the stress had made Yue feel glad that it was a free weekend. 

~~~

Kim Jongin is an extremely talented dancer, there is no doubt about it to Yue. As she watched Kim Jongin's performance of 'The Nutcracker', it was evident that Jongin was born to dance. His perfect form, and fluid movements as he performed, were evident to someone like Yue, who doesn't know much about dance that Kim Jongin is born to dance. The audience was easily captured by his stellar performance. It made Yue realize why he was casted as one of the main characters in a prestigious play like 'The Nutcracker' despite his young age. 

'Congratulations!' Yue handed him a bunch of flowers as she met up with him at the backstage. 

"Yue!" his face broke out into smiles as soon as his eyes spotted Yue. "Thank you so much for coming!" he hugged her, "let me go and change quickly, unless you don't mind walking around with me looking silly in this costume." She laughed until her eyes closed and told him that she'd wait for him. Two tens of minutes later, Jongin came back out, with his face free of makeup and his hair slightly damp and fluffy, tucked behind his ears, wearing a white shirt and a pair of fitted black pants.

They both walked out of the waiting room, chatting away happily, discussing about his performance while he asked her whether he did a great job or not. Yue was looking at him and arguing that he did a great job despite what he though, when she bumped into a person and stepped on the shoe with her high heels.

"Ouch," the person let out a small yelp of pain.

"Oh my goodness, I am extremely sorry. Are you alright, sir?" Yue frantically apologized and looked at the man. As soon as she saw the man, she thought her head got hit by a bolt of lightning and transfixing her to the ground. 

It was Mr.Wu. 

~~~

[Note: I'm completely spoiling you guys with 2 chapters in 1 day. Just a query. Do you guys prefer timely release chapter or unexpected number of chapters randomly? If you please let me know, that would be really nice.]