Making History

One

"And that's a wrap!" shouted Chanyeol and clapped in hands together after viewing the last rounds of shots on his laptop. At once everyone in the studio started to put away the equipment and clean up.

 

"Thank you so much for today hyung!" The tall giant looked up from the screen to his bowing assisant with the glowing tan skin, the unruly dark hair and a really bright smile. "No thank you Jongin for all the help! Having you here really helps!" Chanyeol smiled and patted the youngsters shoulder who bashfully looked down on the ground, "No it's you who are the genius...." the young man started to Chanyeol only started to laugh, really really loudly, "Genius?! Don't call me that! I am only a dude who takes pictures all day!"

 

Jongin looked mortified, "B-but you are one of the most succuessful photographers in... i-in the world!" he stammered but Chanyeol only continued to laugh, "You are making history everyday!" slowly the photographer started to calm down and pretended to wipe a tear from the corner of his eye, "I... I think everyday is a overstatement." and Jongin scratched the back of his head, "Yeah maybe... Still does not change the fact!"

 

Chanyeol smiled, Jongin was his new assisant photographer he hired a two weeks back. The sleepy creative arts student had showed up one day outside the studio he was shooting the newest cover of Elle for and had waited outside in the pouring rain to ask Chanyeol for a internship, a traineeship or just something. Chanyeol took to a chinese resturant. Over noodles and pork Chanyeol interviewed Jongin, not that the student knew of course and when they put down their chopsticks Chanyeol congratulated Jongin on his new job as his assisant. Jonging had choked on his water and almost died at the spot, and intership but hired? A job?! Chanyeol had to assure the young man about fifteen times as he sent him home in a taxi that "yes-I-have-hired-you-come-to-my-office-tomorrow-to-fill-out-the-papers". The next day Jongin had arrived abit late, his hair a mess and very tired. Chanyeol noticed very soon at the tiredness seemed to be a inbuilt genetic function and not a result of stressful university days. Jongin had the skill to be able to fall asleep almost anywhere, anytime and the best way to wake him was to give him chicken. Chanyeol did not mind at all, Jongin was hardworking in his very own way and his photography seemed promising.

 

"How is your project coming together?" Chanyeol snapped out of his toughts at Jongins inquiry. 

 

"Uh... It's going well!" The photographer smiled and turned to his laptop as if avoiding the subject.

 

"... Do you think I can join a session to see how you work privately?" The question was careful and innocent but both knew that on his personal projects Chanyeol worked alone, always. Especially for this one. Jongin seemed to notice how the atmosphere drop a tiny bit and quickly said "I understand if you don't want any outsides there of course... Distrubing you..." Chanyeol felt bad at how the students shoulders dropped and sighed.

 

Not that he wanted to show off how he worked or share is expertise but his next project was centered around something special, something personal... Rather someone special and personal to him.

 

"A-ah listen it's not that, I would invite you to a session but my model..." slitted orange brown eyes peeking up at him, "But the model I am working for this project is abit..." plump pink lips, "Is not a model really but a private person..." a small pink tounge wetting said lips, "And for security and integrity... Uh and all that only I am allowed to.... Uh... Yeah take photos and stuff...."

 

"I.... See...." Jonging slowly said and eyed his boss and mentor who was slowly but surely losing composture.

 

"B-but you can come over right now and I'll show you some shots!"  Before Chanyeol realised his mistake Jongin nodded, "Cool! I would love to see some stuff from his secret project of yours! And maybe get some pointers and inspiration!"

 

Chanyeol made sure to call home to Minseok before he got into his car with a happy assistant.