My Last

My First... Love, and Last

"So, at the end of all that, he was proposing, never, never did I feel hesitation from him along the day, even when he was asking me directly to marry him, sincerity, determination and love was all that was there. He really means it, mom. And he loves me." 
Her mother took another sip of water, "It's not Brian that I worry about... It's you. You who always have second thoughts and always changing your mind." 
"But mom, it's been two years and I've never changed my mind. I'd spend another and another loving and respecting him. He means a lot to me now. He... He's the person that I would accept spending the rest of my life with..." 

Brian was coming over and she needed to change. Once she did he rang the bell and she welcomed him. 
"Mother?" Brian asked looking around. 
"She just left." She smiled at him.
"Ah, alright! Have you told her?" 
She looked at him with lost and sad eyes, "I'm sorry, Oppa..." and she looked away. 
He pressed his lips controlling the sorrow that captured his heart and looked in her eyes, he felt like life was being out of him, "Sorry? She... Said no? As in final? Can't I try one more time with her? Can I- " She interrupted him and smiled, "Sorry you'll have to work harder from now on, cause you'll be having a family to take full responsibility of!" 
Brian widened his eyes in disbelief, "W-what? She said yes?! And you've been playing around?" 
"You've been waiting for the right moment to have the right to get a revenge! Well, here I am and now mentioning that I'm all yours..." Brian closed the distance between them and rested his forehead over hers, "We're... We're getting married?" He relaxed his shoulders a bit and breathed fairly, "You're to be my wife?... You're to be my wife." He admitted and she nodded. 
He then let her go and she smiled at him. 
"Let's get this food re-heated." She suggested and he nodded. 
She grabbed the microwave plug that she removed awhile ago to use the Kitchen-machine and placed it in the outlet. 
A sudden electric mass echoed in the kitchen and she fell unconscious to the ground.
"Oh my God! No!! 
Are you okay? Come on, don't do this to me! Please, answer me! Oh my God!" Brian panicked but he got his senses back within seconds. He lifted her in his arms, spread the door open and darted down the stairs, he felt vibration below her sides that was touching his chest but he ignored it for the time being and stopped a taxi. 
He held her securely in his arms and never looked away from her. 
An unwilling tear escaped his eyes and landed on her cheeks. He felt unprotected, so out of place, afraid like a little kid. His heart almost jumped off his chest only to stay with hers and try to wake her up. 
When they reached the hospital, he took money out of his pocket and gave it to the driver. He didn't know how much and he didn't care. 
He entered the gates and yelled, "Please, please, anyone help me! She got an electric wave from the microwave. Please, she's been unconscious for fifteen minutes. Help her, please! Please!" Brian pleaded and pleaded. He could feel his cheeks getting wet but he didn't control it, he didn't want to. 
"Sir, we're going to have to operate a surgery, are you her guardian?" A nurse asked in a rush, yet in a calm tone not wanting the already freaked out guy to lose more of his nerve. 
He nodded, "I'm her fiancée. Please, take care of her, she's all I have. Please..." 
The nurse nodded and walked away from him. 
He dropped his neck to his chest and held a cry. He decides he'd hold all the tears and take it out when she gets back to his arms, when she help him to relax. 
His pocket vibrated again. He picked it up, 
"Hey, Brian! I'm with Baek and Soo now. They're good but we need your instructions here!" Hwanhee laughed on the other line. 
"My girl collapsed and I'm in the hospital with her now." A trembling voice, Brian couldn't manage it anymore, "I- ... I'm going to lose her. I don't know what to do!" 
"It's okay, calm down, Brian. I'm coming over, don't panic now, alright? I'll be there within minutes. Hold on!" 
Hwanhee like literally fled to Brian. When he arrived he found his long time friend sitting trembling with his hands in his palms. 
Lay came along with his hyung. 
"Hyung, how are you? She's going to be okay, hold on hyung." Lay patted Brian's shoulder and sat next to him. 
"Brian, what happened? How did it happen to her?" 
Brian told the whole story that took few minutes to scar their lives and is probably going to take years to heal...
"You're the guardian?" A harsh voice questioned. 
Aren't doctors suppose to be nice? Hwanhee didn't like the doctor. Lay noticed that and took the lead, "What is it doctor?" 
"She's harmed in her neck along with the line of her right hand. She'll need a plastic surgery to regain the look back but after physiotherapy exercises, firstly it'll take three months and she needs full time rest for two months. I heard she's getting married, that needs a postpone." The doctor spoke every word in a hurry and unorganized, not caring that the people in front of him might not be following or that they're too shocked of hearing such news. Either way, Hwanhee really hated him and wanted to be rude with him. 
"I don't like this, I need another doctor here." he stated. Lay held his hand and pressed on his palm, "Can we see her?" 
"In an hour." The doctor said and walked away. Only then did the two men realized that Brian has been too quiet. 
"Brian..." Hwanhee approached him, he held his face in his palms and his shoulders started shivering. 
"She's going to be okay. The incident happened in her right hand, it only affected her neck, we're grateful she didn't harm hr heart, right?" Hwanhee tried as he patted Brian's back.
"How am I going to tell her? She will never accept any deformity in her body, she's too careful with that." Brian said.
"Deformity? Who said deformity? It's not like that!" Hwanhnee felt his heart aching already, "Brian... Listen, this is big but it's going to pass. She will need all the strength she can get to stand up and *You* are her powerful point. Keep yourself together." 
Lay watched his hyungs, he felt the pain Brian was feeling. It hurt him too. He knew from Hwanhee that Brian was preparing for the wedding and now what the doctor had said, it just make him realise that this is a road that they don't know what they'll face walking it or when will it end if it's going to end at all.
"Hyung, we need to go and cheer her up, talk funny things and lighten the mood. An if the looks would affect her that badly, you can just tell her not to look and I'm sure she'll listen to you." Lay told Brian who looked up to him and nodded. 
"You need to smile a little, Brian. Your her strength, remember?"
With heavy legs, Hwanhee technically dragged Brian to her room. The opened the door and got in. His wife-to-be laid there, all helpless, she had a bandage around her neck and palm, tied well to her skin. 
Brian sighed and sat beside her on bed, Hwanhee took a chair and placed it beside them and sat down, he recieved a text from Lay, "Hyung, I need to be somewhere and I'll get back to you, hopefully she'd be better when I come back." 
Hwanhee ended the text and looked at Brian, Brian was holding the girl carefully yet tightly. He understood what the guy was feeling, knowing you can't protect your girl, seeing that she was hurt in your presence, right before your eyes... Useless man, a man who can't take care of his woman, how could he take a full responsibility on a family?!
They stood like that for the whole night, not complaining and not doing any other. 
Brian holding his woman. 
Hwanhee watching his friend and trying with all his might to accompany him. 
While Lay... Well, Lay stood up all night too, hurting his eyes browsing online. 
Lay woke up light, he changed and walked down the street, smiling at everyone if they're eyes met and if they didn't. He's just too cheerful.
His first step was a flower shop, an old woman greeted him, he loves old women, that's a cherished event for him. 
"Good morning, Ajumma! What a nice morning, ha? Woah! Look at you! Your pretty face!" Lay showered the woman with compliments and nice talk. She loved him at first sight. That's how everybody goes anyway. 
After he explained to her what he wanted, she patted his head, "Oh, my thoughtful child... But, kid, you need to tell that friend of yours about that event, you can't go alone on this or it'll get ruined. Anything might happen..." The woman said and Lay nodded, "I was going to do that, Ajumma. I just wanted to get a hand on everything before I tell him so that he wouldn't be pressured by a lot of things, he's going through hard time already with  Brian hyung." 
After he settled everything with the old woman he greeted her brightly and walked again.

He headed to his next step, a boat. 
"Good morning, Ajussi!" And sent the old man a smile. 
"So, that's all you need?" The man asked and Lay nodded, "That's the number of the flower shop." Lay handled the man a card, "Ah, and this picture, I want it to be like this." 
Lay's phone cut them, he excused himself and answered, "Hwanhee hyung, morning!" 
"Morning, Lay. Listen, I need you here, bring the boys. She's awake but she didn't say a word, Brian is at his edge, let's do something for them, okay?" 
Once Lay hang up with Hwanhee he called Xiumin whilst giving the last instructions to the old man, 
"Hold on, hyung... So that's it, are you sure, you can do it, Ajussi?" 
"Yes, make sure to come before your event to check for any mistakes!" The man warned firmly but Lay found it cute, "Yes, cute Ajussi!" He bowed and left. 
"So, what's all that about?" Xiumin spoke up.
"Hyung, can you bring the kids to the hospital where Brian hyung's girlfriend at?" 

Not all made it but Lay met up with Xiumin and Baekhyun and Tao, then they entered all together.
"We've all came~ " Lay announced. 
They tried to lighten up the mood and they succeeded. 
Brian slipped himself from her hands only to find her grabbing it tightly, "Oppa?" 
When she spoke, Brian sat again, "Yes, I'm right here. Right here." he assured her. 
"Guys, there's this thing." Hwanhee looked a little distracted. 
"I've already tried with the manager, but we have to go, Brian. The Hong Kong event. Tickets all sold out." 
"I'm not going." Brian replied as he held her tight to him. 
The moment dragged by the hands of silence. No one spoke a word. No one knew what to say. 
"You know what? We're taking care of her, we're even going to take her out! Speaking of myself, that's what I'm going to do." Chen said. 
"Hyung, can I talk to you?" Lay told Hwanhee, he nodded and followed him outside. 
Briefly, he explained the whole surprise wedding event he planned for Brian. 
"Woah, Lay! I'm so touched! You know, I tried myself to make him a favor and cancel the event but no matter what I say, it was no use. Let's use this!" Something flicked in Hwanhee's mind. He opened the door and peeked cutely, "Hey, sister in law! Can I have Brian here for a second?" 

"No, no, Brian! Listen, Lay has everything prepared already! Let's leave for the event, when we come back, it'll be time for your wedding." Hwanhee tried and tried to convince Brian. 
He shook his head, "Even if... I'm not sure if I can leave her alone like that." 
"She's going to be okay, hyung. We're not leaving her. The time you will be away for the event, she will use it to heal. Come on, hyung!" Lay took his turn too.
After Brian made sure she's home safe and sound, he sat next to her, "Are you sure, you're going to be okay?" "I will be, oppa. It's okay, don't worry too much." 
"Alright! But there's this one thing before I go." He smiled at her.
"You can check yourself all you want but that beautiful neck there is mine. Cover it with this cervical collar and don't look in the mirror, keep up with the Physiotherapy for your hand." 
He leaned closer to her and patted her hair, "I'm going anyways, I can get back and I can stay away forever. If you checked your neck, and you know I'll know if you do, I won't come back to you. It's your call now." He smiled and kissed her forehead. 
"Oppa?" 
"I wish to come back to you. Just, don't make me not!" 
Hwanhee knocked the door, "Brian, Let's go, the manager got stuck in traffic, Suho is downstairs." 
"Okay." he looked once more at her, "Make sure to gain a lot of your health back by the time I return." 
"I promise!" 

"It's going to be okay, hyung, time will fly, you'll see." Suho tried his best as he drove them to the airport. 

Time flew and on one specific day, a cheerful morning arrived. 
Lay couldn't help feel happy, light, optimistic and an angel like. 
The bride is the one who's not knowing any thing that's happening but she's about to. 
Lay smiled to the thought of how he's going to tell her. 
Last night it was Tao's shift, he would always be awkward at first then he relaxes and lighten the mood with a lot of love. 
He texted Tao and made sure they're awake. 

"Morning, people!" Lay swang holding a huge box to his own good. 
"Ouch. Back. Hurts." He whined making both laugh. 
"What's that?" Tao asked while taking the box and replacing it on a random table. 
Lay ignored him, looked at the confused girl and bend down, "Listen, I know this is big, I know it's confusing but Brian hyung already made a deal with me." 
"Oppa? Is he okay?" 
"Mmm..." Lay nodded cutely. 
"He asked you and you said yes. Congrats, you're getting married today!!" Lay shouted and danced weirdly. 
"What?" Tao stood totally lost. 
"This is my dress?" She asked pointing at herself. 
Lay nodded, "Hyung chose it." Tao chuckled and turned a little red. She hit him sightly on his shoulder.
" I will need help." She said and Lay nodded. 
"Help is on the way." Suho entered and smiled at them. 
"Let's go, go, go!" Baek got in as well and clapped his hands. 
Within two hours, a full-term bride stod before them. All dropped their jaws. 
"Lucky, hyung!" Chen yelled clapping his hands and so did everyone else making her blush. 

They arrived to the port, it wasn't a port, it was a road full of cheerful bright flowers that lead to a big heart of flowers at a beautifully drowned in roses boat. 
The bride seemed a lot not comfortable, Lay approached her with a box, "Wear this, Bride." when she opened it, she found a flower collar. 
"It'll fit perfectly, try it on..." He smiled her way, she held his hand and caused sweat on the poor boy's forehead, "Thank you for everything, Lay. You made this a special day to me. Thank you." 
He blushed really hard and took the collar from her, "Here, put it on" and helped her put t on, she looked beautifl wearing it. SHe looked so beautiful standing there. 
A white car stood before them, Brian and Hwa hee stepped out of it in white tuxedos. 
Brian smiled at her and offered his hand, cold as ice, that's how her hand felt like.
"Nervous?" Brian asked without looking at her, looking everywhere else, smiling at all the people who came to join them their halfpennies. 
"A little..."
"It's going to be only you and me, they're going in a matter of minutes." H tried to assure her. 
She chuckled nervously, "That's the reason I'm a little nervous, oppa!"
He turned to her, never did he ind her redder. He cleared his throat and turned her to face him, he smiled and held her face in his hands, "I love you, will always do. I will protect you, will always do. I will treasure you, will always do." 
"Awww...." Lay crossed his fingers and squirmed loving the scene before his eyes. 
"Congratulations, My best friend." Hwanhee patted Brian's shoulder, "This boat... Wedding gift." Hwanhee smiled and handled Brian a key. 
"That's too much." Brian argued.
"Maybe a little but to you, it's nothing. Congratulations." 
The groom and the bride, walked with everyone's clapping and cheering till they reached the heart shaped flower gate to the boat. 
Brian looked at his bride and at the boat, he took the heart, "That's mine!" 
he said making everyone burst out laughing. 
They waved goodbye to the newlyweds as they departed with happiness and love in their eyes for each other and gratefulness for everyone who made this special day happen. 

 

The following day, they had to record a program, and when they finished, Lay decided to ave a drink form the nearest cafe to the building, he walked there and ordered his favourite drink. 
While waiting for it to get ready, he found a cute girl walking nervously around the place. He chuckled to how cute he found her to be.
Faking a-not-stalking-or-flirting-face, he stood beside her. 
He cleared his throat and got no respond, she just stood there blankly starring at the phone in her hand.
"Nervous?" he asked not looking at her.
"A little..." She replied unconsciously then she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Waiting for exam results, I have to pass it, it'll mean the world to my parents." she continued. 
He smiled and turned to her, "You need to calm down, wether it's good or bad news."
Her phone rang, she picked it up. She didn't say a thing but slowly turned to Lay and looked him in the eyes, then she said "Yes." and she hang up. 
She looked at her phone then lift her eyes up to Lay, "I passed."
He smiled brightly, "Congrats, that's great! Want to have lunch tomorrow to celebrate?" He asked, he didn't notice it soon. 
The girl said nothing, she just starred at him. It took her a good couple of seconds which seemed like an hour to him, and right before he opens his mouth to decide, "Sure, you brought good luck. I will accept your lunch. Here's my number, text me tonight so I can free a good hour for us tomorrow." She smiled and waked away.

"Does that remind you of something?" Baek crossed his arms as he glued his nose to the glass outside the cafe. 
Tao looked away then at Lay again then he shook his head.