The Incident

"Your Possession"


JRHxMMGWMP9c7JorAZDF9ssbQVnnJP-4oelxYvvO

CHAPTER TWO: THE INCIDENT

 

My eyes shot open as the obnoxious ring went from my alarm though my body kept still from all the soreness and aching of my body. The basketball match had went more intense after the arrival of the infamous Wang Jackson yesterday. Not to boast about myself but, I think I was the only one able to seize the ball from him which made me earn couple of glares from him. At the end his team won, solely because of him as no one dared to touch him except me. So, it was almost like a match between me and Jackson. And just how abruptly he came into the gym, he abruptly walked out too. The teacher said no words.

 

Despite my aching body, i reluctantly pushed myself off my warm comfortable bed to wash up and get ready to school. Breakfast was already ready on the table with my step-mom clearing some dishes on the sink. She was a great woman, my dad loved her so much and I never found any fault on her. She took me as her own son but I...I wasn’t ready yet.

 

“Ahjumma! Where is dad?” I sat down and started feasting, it was only some sausages, baked beans and eggs but it absolutely delicious. To start a day like this was heaven.

 

“Ray went to work. He has an early start today. Something important. That’s what he said.” She smiled at me while placing a glass of juice next to my plate.  “How was your first day? You went to bed as soon as you arrived. You were sleeping so soundly, I thought it would be better not to wake you up.”

 

“Yeah, I had a good start and all of my muscles are tired from basketball. It was fun though.” I took the last bite then got up.

 

“Alright, I will be heading now. Bye Ahjumma.” After giving my best smile to her, I waved at her before walking outside the house. Ahjumma. A broad smile appeared on me.

 

Our homeroom time was going smooth until Ms Park called me privately in front of her desk and told me that I have to move homeroom.

 

My eyes went as wide as owl’s. “Why? But I like this class.” This was totally stupid. Even though I just started I already had blended with Jinyoung, Bambam and Yugyeom.Who knows if I’d be able to hold any conversation if I get moved. And Ms Kyungri was the best homeroom teacher. I mean, seriously, she was hot and...you know what I mean.

 

“You only started yesterday so it wouldn’t make much difference.” She flipped through some files nonchalantly then started typing. “The guy who originally sat next to Jinyoung is coming back. So get packed and here...this is the room number.” I stared at the piece of paper and then took it pursing my lips tight. “Sorry. I can’t do anything.” She stood up and tidied her skirt that perfectly clasped her petite hips down her thighs. What a waste!

 

I had a quick chat with my mates and I swear I saw a hint of unhappiness on Jinyoung’s expression which made me a little happy by myself. Finally I reached my new homeroom and the same feeling flashed on me like beginning of yesterday. Bambam wasn't here, it was only me.

 

Taking a deep breath I walked in, as I reached the teacher's desk the teacher looked up at me from his chair. "Oh. Young man. You arrived. I have been expecting you. From Miss...Kyungri's right?" He smiled with eyes turning crescent. I responded with a nod as I really wasn't in the mood so bothering for a fake smile seemed to much work for me.

 

"Where do I sit?" I buckled my bag on my shoulder waiting for him to answer.

 

"There is only one seat left. I believe." He grazed over the students across the room then stopped to an empty space. My eyes followed and I felt like my jaw was going to drop on the ground, thankfully it actually didn't happen or I would have looked like a disfuntioned kid. No offense..

 

"Next to our Jackson." Everyone stared at me as if I was a sacrificed animal to that delinquent Jackson. The teacher kept his smile unmoved. I swear his smile looked absolutely fake. But soon after his smile turned straight as he sat down to continued his work.

 

Swallowing an imaginary stone, I dragged my legs to my seat which was right at the back next to the back door. Jackson was twirling a pen on his hand, interestingly. I sat down as calmly as possible. Thanks to Bambam, with all his stories, he made Jackson sound overly scary. And much to my dismay, he was indeed scary. I could feel his stare on my face, his bushy brows knitted together. Daggers piercing my soul. The homeroom time was somehow dragging quite long.....

 

Lunch time came by, I was exhausted. Somehow, Jackson was in almost all of my lessons and every single one of the empty desk I sat on, surprise surprise; it was shared with Jackson except for maths and now I knew why Jinyoung gave me that look. Only one lesson where Jackson wasn't on, a lesson where I could have wonderful chat with Jinyoung and enjoy the lesson without having someone giving me death glares.

 

It had been quite a first week of mine. A girl named Suzy asked me out. I had no idea who she was so I rejected her. Regret came by later, heard she was the most popular girl in the whole school. I felt honoured but I felt that getting to know each other first would have been better option. Also, I somehow found dudes more attractive but I wasnt completely sure to whether guy or a girl was my style. Second event, Bambam and Yugyeom became a couple. It wasn't a surprise and everything was spilled out after school one day.

 

"Guess what guys?" Bambam ran his finger through his blonde hair, his lips uncontrollably twitching upwards. By his side sat Yugyeom fiddling with his fingers. Across them sat me and Jinyoung blinking curiously. We had met after school by a cafe nearby, all planned by thai boy.

 

"We are....going out!!!!!!" Yugyeom turned red as tomato when Bambam finally confessed flailing his arms in the air before clinging on the tall one.

Jinyoung blinked lamely. "Really now? What's the big surprise. I knew this long time ago. Psssssst." The raven haired boy sipped on his milkshake after the casual remark. I chuckled for some moment until Bambam glared at me.

"Did you knew about us too?" I gave a shrug then nodded. "You guys were quite obvious, you know with all those whispering very closely, hugging all the time, and especially the way Yugyeom looked at you-" Yugyeom clasped my mouth shut with his flushed face. "Stop Mark! That's enough!" And all of us roared with laughter congratulating them.

 

"Well, you and Jinyoung hug and cling to eachother all the time. Does that mean you guys will be couple soon?" Bambam wiggles his brows suggestively whilst sipping on his bubbletea. Me and Jinyoung exchanged glances at the same time which made my cheeks burning up. However Jinyoung laughed it off and swing his arm across my shoulder.

 

Weekend flew by and here I am again sitting next to Jackson during history. He was dozing off with his head resting on his arms. We never spoke, I didn't dare to and he wasn't interested. How can he not worry about getting into trouble? Always having his brows furrowed he walked out of every lesson as soon as the bell rang. Though right now, he slept peacefully whilst the teacher was going on about history. I could see some bruises on his cheeks and with my observation radar he was one good looking brat.

 

Jackson lazily opened his eyes clearly seeing that I was looking at him. I quickly turned to face the teacher with my cheeks creeping with warmth. He saw me? He obviously did, you tard. My eyes never wandered around for the rest of the lesson. And just like every other lesson Jackson walked out. It felt weird for some reason.

 

After school I was waiting by the gate for Jinyoung, someone wrapped their arms around me and rested their chin on my shoulder.

"Mark, I am hungry." It was Jinyoung and I was very surprised by his actions after the comment made by Bambam before but I tried keeping myself calm and collected. It was only me who was getting excited. All alone.  We had planned together to go over at my house and watch the movie we had rented. I was very excited.

 

Together we entered my home, it was empty. Ahjumma and dad had a date so they were staying out for the night. I also asked Jinyoung to sleepover since his house was pretty far away; he had to travel from train to his home. Must be pretty tiring.

“Make yourself home, Jinyoung-ie.” I grinned kicking my shoes off and hurriedly ran up to my room kicking and shoving all my clothes and other stuffs lying on the ground messily. I was planning to clean my room this morning but I got up late. Jinyoung peeked his head in first before his whole body entered my room. I let him wander around my room whilst I rummaged my wardrobe to find him and myself some clothes. Finally after quite an adventure I got him a t-shirt and short pants. Then we decided to buy some snacks by the nearest supermarket.

 

"This one is my favourite. There we go." Jinyoung popped the packet of crisp on our basket which I was holding. My eyes wandered around waiting for Jinyoung to get his choices until my eyes caught a sight of a guy, who looked like Jackson and another guy that I didn't recognised. He picked up a small box, which looked like a cigarette then walked to the cashier.

 

"-Mark, Mark?" Jinyoung was shaking me by my shoulder making avert my gaze from Jackson. "Yeah?" He furrowed his brows worriedly asking me if I was feeling well. "I am good, hurry up now will you." Swinging my arms across his shoulder we also headed for the cashier. Jackson was long gone.

 

Our sleepover was great, we shoved ourselves with bought snacks before falling asleep on the couch without even finishing the movie. i guess the choice of the movie was quite boring. Other than that, occasionally Jackson appeared on my brain. I was very confused at myself on why that person visited my head considering that we had never spoken. The only lesson we ever interacted was p.e, only with our actions though. There was one lesson where I actually looked right on his dark orbs but it didn't last long, Bambam pulled me away who later explained to me that he was protecting me.


 

Couple of months passed by and our second year was going to end soon. My school was as normal as it could be. I had friends I could rely on, good grades, what more.

 

Though everything changed after this particular day. I had gone to visit Jinyoung's house together with Bambam and Yugyeom. It was his birthday and we celebrated it hard. Later the night which was saturday, Jinyoung insisted me to stay over but I refused even though it was past midnight. My dad and ahjumma were going on a holiday so I wanted to wake up early and send them off.

 

It would have been pitch black if not for those street light; the clouds had completely covered the moon and I to be honest I wasn't a big fan of dark. The subway station was quite a walk away from Jinyoung's house and I swear I flinched at every single noises I heard while I was walking. Just when I was past an alley way I heard some people.

 

"Wait. Doesn't that guy to Seoul byeol high too, right?" Another one said "Yeah, I have seen him before." Knowing what to do I quickened my pace to be out of sight but unfortunately it wasn't only me. Those people were following behind and by hearing their footsteps I could guess that it was more than two people. Sweat trickled down my face, my eyes darting everywhere to find a way to escape. Taking the nearest turn I ran with my full speed, and every step of mine took me to darkness. The lamp posts were off around this area making my heart pump rapidly. Why was I running away? Who were those people and how did they know me? These question kept running in my head. I could hear footsteps echoing towards me but i was sure they weren't able to see me in this unlighted place.

 

Someone pulled me grasping by my arm; i was pulled in a corner of an alley which made me nearly shriek and struggle. But before anything left my mouth a firm hand sealed my mouth.

 

“Shush!” Whoever it was, his body was pressing my own against the wall. I kept quiet under his words because all I wanted was to get away from them. “Where the did he go? I swear he came this way.” They were speaking among themselves who then wandered around for some time before heading back and out of sight. My breathing was getting even now but the warm breath against my cheek left my skin burning. I pushed the stranger away before rubbing my cheek and lips. Who knew where this person’s hand has been..

 

“Thank you.” I mumbled under my breath then began to walk away because that’s what you do, even if I was saved do not ever trust strangers. Especially at some alley way, in the dark past midnight. No one normal wanders around at this late at night. That was my theory. I was only out here because I had reasons, important ones. However, the same seized my wrist and pulled me to the opposite way of where those gang went. It was a powerful grip which was actually hurting my wrist.

 

“Excuse me. C-can you let go?” Words came out as stutters whilst I was getting dragged towards the light, and when the person turned around I was left flabbergasted.

 

It was Jackson. Wang Jackson.

 

What was he doing here?

 

He didn’t reply. Annoyed, I shook my hand off his grasp. “I need to go home.” However he again took my wrist but with more strength and hauled me forcefully. “If you don’t want to get beaten into pulp shut up and follow me.” He spat never letting my wrist go. I had no choice, it was an order. Bambam’s voice rang into my ears after hearing Jackson. Did I get into a trouble, a huge one? Finally, he let go of my hand after we reached a shady looking apartment block. My hand was throbbing and there were visible red marks on it. Massaging my wrist I walked inside the small and neat apartment following Jackson. I did not know why I was listening to him but after debating with myself, this was the safest thing to do right now. This was also the first time hearing Jackson’s voice, something new eh.

 

I sat down on the couch keeping my defense up as I looked around the apartment nervously. Jackson had been gone for quite a while now. Wow to his hosting skills. Taking my phone out I texted Ahjumma that I wont be able to attend their departure. I didn’t wante

 

“Here. Sleep on the couch.” Jackson came out suddenly and dropped a blanket next to me. Then he turned off all the lights and walked inside to his room again. It was dark again.

 

I layed on the couch and covered myself with the blanket provided. It was two in the morning already, thankfully it was weekend I didnt had to worry about waking up late. Closing my eyes that incident flashed in my vision; how I was running with blood rushing crazily, how the cold wind pricked against my cheeks, those footsteps getting closer and closer, Jackson's voice next to my ears, Jackson's breath landing on my skin, his hand on my lips....Jackson..Jackson?

 

What was I thinking?

 

After few moment of twisting and turning for comfortable position, my vision got enveloped by emptiness.

 

 


 Here comes my update.  Whew- I should have posted this story later because my school is being a huge blocker right now.

Last year of my high school and all the pressure. Sheesus.

Please enjoy the update! and my title is so rubbish. I dont have creative brain though I try..... 

Thank you for subscribing. You lovely people. ; u ; b