First Day

"Your Possession"

96wst4gEYMbc1sg7avt03a2Ktvqlz-1ObZfrpqp0

 

CHAPTER ONE: FIRST DAY

 

I stood in front of the massive gate resting a foot on my skateboard, observing the enormous building behind the bars. The gate was closed and there were some student who were helping eachother boost up to climb the tall brick wall. I blinked, looking at them amusedly until all of them vanished. It was my first day at Seoul Byeol high school after being transferred all the way from California and I was already missing my home back there when it has only been a week since I arrived South Korea.

 

My hand reached for the gate with a light force, and then another push with more force, but with no result. The gate was locked.

 

“Ah……” I shook my head slowly backing away from the gate with my skateboard before heading towards the front of the brick wall those students were climbing from earlier. Standing in front I eyed at the tall barrier.

 

Soft sigh left out of me, thinking back if only I had followed those tardy students. I threw my skateboard across the wall then reached my hands to pull myself up, I was struggling  and blamed the streets of seoul for making me confused even though I had left home at time. My arms were very weak somehow. “.” I backed out about a metre away before running towards the wall for better chance, only to stick on the wall like a lizard. It was tough but I kept trying.

 

Suddenly I found myself floating on the air, higher and higher, two hands were placed on each of my cheeks, shoving me up. I was surprised by the action, my head faced towards the person who was doing it. A blonde guy with his nose scrunched into lines of wrinkles, his face with evident struggle.

 

“Hurry and climb up, will ya? My arms are dying.” The guy with blonde hair almost had a scream on him trembling voice. So I did what he said because it felt very uncomfortable and I’m sure it wasn’t only me.

 

I climbed the wall finally viewing my skateboard lying on the ground poorly. The guy reached his hand out for me to pull him up. It was quite easy as he was light. Though I wondered how he managed to push me.

 

Both of us jumped down the wall inside school premises and there were some pupils running laps around the basketball court.

"I am BamBam." The said boy smiled cheekily stretching his arms.The name didn’t sound korean and his accent did sound kind of funny. Kind of similar to me. “And if you are wondering about my accent, I am from Thailand.” That’s why.

 

“Mark.” I gave him a quick smile before nudging my head towards the scene after recognising the guys from earlier. “Are we supposed to do that?” It was my first day, and I wasn't really prepared to run miles then end up sweaty at class.

 

Bambam wagged his finger simultaneously with his head. “No, no, no. Why would I go through all that trouble pushing you to be caught and do the punishment? Come let’s go dude. We got class to attend.”

 

“Uh….Sure. That’s a good idea.” I agreed because he looked quite experienced, the excited look on his face, it seemed like this whole thing was his daily routine.

 

Together, we sneaked inside the building. We chatted a little on our way. Fortunately we both were in same homeroom otherwise I probably would have had left abandoned in the hallway by this guy. After a short walk we reached our homeroom, it was quite noisy and lively from outside, which I always found very hard to deal with. Softly chewing on my bottom lip, I stood by the door watching Bambam walk inside the room casually until getting stopped by the teacher, who must be our homeroom teacher. My presence wasn’t noticed. Maybe I wasn’t really by the door, a little further away…….

 

“Kunpimook! Come back here.” The teacher was very good looking and pretty young. She eyed the position next to her with her arms crossed motioning Bambam to come forward and he did, with his eyes glistening brightly. Wasn’t he in trouble? Why is he smiling?


“Ay- Ms.Park. Call me Bambam.” His comment made all the students roar in laughter. This made the teacher to smack back of his head. After that she shushed the whole class, which didn’t really work. A sigh left from between her pink lips before asking him why he was late. I was still waiting to get noticed preparing myself to how to introduce myself to all this crazy crowd.

 

“Oh that, I was with this new guy. I found him walking in the hallway like a ghost. Isn’t that right?” He turned to face me, giving me a wink sending me signals to cooperate with his fake story. Right after that statement all the students attention went towards me with little whispers going around. Some giggling, some didn’t even look interested. But that was fine by me. I never liked getting attentions, like I said, I always found it very hard to deal with.

 

Now that everyone knew I was there, I moved my feet until I reached front of the class next to Bambam and the teacher. Clearing my throat, I looked around the class feeling the gaze of everyone there.

 

“I’m Mark. Nice to meet you all.” I pursed my lips right after the sentence then looked at the teacher. She smiled widely at me and I could feel Bambam nudging me on my ribs.

 

“Both of you go sit down and I’ll take the register.” She said before going back to her seat and letting her attention on the computer screen.

 

Bambam skipped to his seat, it was right by the window next to a huge guy and right after they started chatting like everyone else. I wasn’t sure where to sit, though there was only one seat vacant right at the back, behind Bambam.

 

The guy on that seat was also emerged in there group chat. I looked at Bambam, waiting for him to look at me. But he didn’t, too busy chatting.

 

“Bambam, where do I sit?” All three of them looked at me with a “really?” look on their faces.

“There is only one seat left, you jackass.” He motioned his hand to the empty seat behind him. I knew that, but I didn’t wanted the guy on that desk to feel uncomfortable. However it was easier than expected.

 

It was quite easy to blend in with them. The guy who sat next to me was named Jinyoung, very funny guy and somehow he sounded intelligent. The huge guy said he was Yugyeom. Indeed he was tall and looked intimidating but his personality was complete opposite. Cute, always giggling (slapped) and a very close friend to Bambam.

 

Before the homeroom time ended, the teacher whose name was Park Kyungri apparently handed me my school planner and my time-table and all of us scattered to our respective classrooms. My first lesson was Maths which I didn’t really mind but quite enjoyed. Jinyoung was with me, and you can guess that our maths class was top set. Among all those whom I met earlier, I felt like Jinyoung would be the I’ll be getting the closest with.

 

The same as before, both of us got to seat next to each other.

 

Jinyoung used his elbow to prop his head on his palm looking at me with curiosity.

“So, you said you transferred here from America?” I responded him with a nod taking out my equipement.

“Why? You are not korean and…..Did you get in trouble? A big one?!” He nearly jumped out of his seat while mentioning trouble with excitement evident on his face.

I scoffed in a playful manner. “What do you take me as? Some rebellious brat?” Resting my head on my palm I copied his position facing toward him. “It’s not like that, my dad re-married to a korean woman. So, we thought it would be better for her, and both me and my dad to explore a new place.”

I gave out wide smile before sitting up straight hearing the teacher come in. Jinyoung too sat up on his bottom lip. “Congratulation to your dad and….sorry. Was that too personal?”

 

My hand reached for his hair to ruffle, shaking my head I smiled. “Nope, I love my new mom. She is….great.” I hoped that my smile didn’t looked fake. But it was the truth, she was great though I missed my mom a lot. Even my dad had probably forgotten about my mom as it had been years since she cruelly left dad and ten years old me. Six years eh. Time passed without even realising.

 

After that conversation, we spoke now and then whilst solving problems. Jinyoung must have seen through me, he was giving me some space I think.

 

Other than that, for all the other lessons I had to sit alone on an empty desk as it was the only space left. At one lesson when I went to go to my seat Jinyoung gave me a sympathetic look. However I gave him a smile, not knowing why he gave that look.

 

Just like that, lunch came by and all of us gathered on a table with food in front of us. I twisted the spaghetti lazily listening to the talk Bambam, Yugyeom and Jinyoung were having. They didn’t look any different than gossiping girls.

 

It was whisper from Bambam. “You know, Jackson. Apparently he gave this senior guy a blue eye and a broken arm.”

“What? Really? When did Jackson do that? Aish I missed such an important event! ” Jinyoung thumped the table with his eyes wide before Bambam shushed him slapping his arms rapidly as if it was the biggest secret in the world. “Yah! Calm your down. What if he is around here…?” Bambam looked around the canteen carefully before leaving a sigh of relief and giving Jinyoung a death glare.

 

“Is Jackson a really scary person?” I blurted out the question without realising. It was time for me to get hit by Bambam.

“Whisper, will you?” He stabbed a piece of potato then shoved in his mouth. However his stopped sulking right away and motioned me to come closer. I leaned in following his direction.

 

“Jackson, he joined this school during the middle of our first year all the way from Hongkong....” The whole lunch time he kept on going that he even forgot to eat his lunch. From Bambam’s story I managed to pick up that Jackson was quite popular with girl and had heated reputation with senior boys. And the main point to remember was….

 

“Never ever ever ever, And I say it again. Never ever ever ever get involved with Wang Jackson. Okay Mark?” He even clenched the fork tight whilst giving me the advice with his not-so-deep voice. The other two laughed looking at my involuntary tensed face but I quickly composed myself pasting my cool, unconcerned mask.

 

---

 

Being on the basketball court, hearing the sound of trainers squeaking on the wood board, it was bliss.

 

“Pass, pass!! Do it! Do it!” I dribbled the ball on the way towards the basket, skillfully dodging the opponent hearing Yugyeom screaming on the background. Finally I let the ball soar high through the air which then hit the backboard bouncing back to the rim. Everyone stood eyeing the ball, I was panting maddeningly until the ball dropped through the hoop making everyone rush towards me yelling at our win for half-time. Our teacher blew the whistle for break.

 

“Man, you were hot out there.” Jinyoung grinned drinking water before passing the bottle to me. I took the offered bottled and drank it till i felt content. Others gathered around me and we started going on about how the match went. It was fun getting to know new people though I still felt a little uncomfortable with all the attention drawn on me. Though the attention flung towards a guy who walked inside the gym letting either side of the door swing hundred eighty to the wall. The ’slam’ echoed through the gym making everyone silent.

 

The guy made his way towards the ball stranded on the ground before dribbling it. He had the aura of solidness and authority.

 

“That’s Jackson.” Jinyoung whispered silently close to my ear making me flinch. I turned to face him. He was staring at Jackson and other who were getting ready to start the match. Somehow my eyes got stuck on Jinyoung face, following the sweat trail that cascaded down his temple to his cheekbones, his jaw, his neck, collarbone and finally disappearing under his t-shirt. I gulped breaking my gaze away to look ahead of me. What was that?

 

The said guy Jackson threw the ball on the basket, a clean shot before turning facing towards us and motioning to come with his hand. With that action, guys next to me stood up to join Jackson.


Jinyoung pushed himself off the bench then reached a hand out for me with a small smile. “Let’s go.” I looked up at him and returned a smile taking his hand and getting off the bench.

 


Here comes the first chapter. Somehow it looks very short, or it is short. *coughs*

This is just an introduction chapter I guess. A little JinMark here cuz I love them.

Dont worry though, MARKSON is the main couple~

Thanks for subscribing the story. 

Please take care of me. Ho ho.