Passing blows

"Your Possession"

Ok8PrAvYtJpyKrHg8YE5_9X4nuLl_FRVeTKuiBZG

CHAPTER THREE: PASSING BLOWS  

 

 

"They will be hanging around your area tonight. I heard them at school yesterday. Be careful Jackson." Jaebum warned me. He was my closest mate, someone who I could put my full trust and rely on despite having spent very little time. Though I could just beat the living pulp out of those gang, I chose to listen Jaebum and not get involved anymore. They have been chasing me for about couple of months now, after I gave a full blow square on this guy’s face at my school. Who knew he had connections to these underground gangsters. It was hard to believe that so many of the students from our school was member of it. And it was more hard to believe that this new guy was being chased by those gang.

 

I was on my way to my apartment after visiting the convenience store for some necessities, putting my guard up; being as careful as I can so that I wouldn’t be seen by those little insects. The back alley was a good short cut, it was barely used by anyone after a person was stabbed there. After passing the dark alley way I saw some people far away in distance running towards me and the face of that new guy was visible. But before anything could happen I hid in the alley and swiftly pulled the guy without others realising. The guy did try to struggle but after a moment he stopped, it was an obvious reaction, he was panting hard. Must have been running for ages. Though I never thought a guy like him, who somehow resembled a girl was involved with them. Poor him. I had no other choice than taking him to my apartment so I could ask him about the situation. If he ran into them again, who knows what they’ll do to him.

 

Morning came by, the sun rays radiated through the small gaps between the curtain which softly lighted the white painted room brilliantly. The sound of clock ticking was very loud contrasting the silent atmosphere. Somehow the plain ceiling looked very fascinating making me stare at it for ages until I remembered about the incident yesterday. I need to speak with this guy about how and what happened yesterday. But before that, I quickly took a shower and freshened myself up for clear mind and self because I wanted to interrogate him inside out.

 

When I walked outside to the living room he was still asleep. His body sprawled carelessly on the sofa with blanket thrown on the ground letting out soft snores. He made it seem so comfortable being on the old rock hard sofa that had bumps sticking out, very uneven. A sigh came out unknowingly before I gave him a vigorous shake. This made him wake up instantly with a quiet groan escaping his lips.

 

"Sorry there but we need to talk." His sleepy eyes blinked couple of times so I gave him some moments to grasps my serious tone of voice. From what I remembered his name was Mark who sat next to me for almost every single lesson and one who actually dared challenging me despite all the rumours that was spread all across the school about me. I never minded the rumours, it made me look scary so no one would bother me. But sometimes I found it funny. I even heard that apparently some people saw me threatening a teacher which was a complete lie. All I want was to silently graduate and get the out of seoul.

 

“Can we talk after I brush my teeth? I don’t like talking with morning breath.” He yawned widely scratching his bed hair, must be still in his dreams I suppose because he always had a hint of fear somewhere in his eyes everytime he made an eye contact with me. I grabbed by his collar and pushed him on the back of the couch.

 

“Don’t you ing play around and tell me why you were being chased yesterday.” I spat making him flinch on the spot which did make me feel bad but it was the only way to make him talk. However, his reaction was kinda unexpected. Suddenly his eyes was filled with tears and not long after the tears started spilling out. I had no idea what to do making me the bad guy here at this instance, did I went to far with threatening? My grip from his collar was eased and his sobbing filled the room uncomfortably. I sat across him on another chair staring at him impatiently, his eyes were all puffy and red from too much unnecessary crying.

 

“Are you done now? Jesus, that took you long. Now will you start or should I make you?”

 

He faced me opening his mouth couple of time, though nothing came out until he took a deep breath making me excited with anticipation. He started…

 

“Basically, I...I was walking to the train station. When I passed by an alley, these guys saw me. They ran after me and I ran too because I didn't know why they were chasing me. They said something like I went to -------- high school. Then out of nowhere you pulled me and save me. Thanks.”

 

---

Mark's Pov

 

I kept fiddling with my fingers after I told him what he wanted to hear because I genuinely wanted to know why I was being chased.

 

“That’s all?” Jackson sharply raised his brows at me, giving me a look of disbelief. I gave him a nod agreeing his words. “That’s all. Do you know why they were chasing me?”

 

“Wow. And I was getting worried about nothing. I thought you had something to do with them.” He scoffed leaning on his chair, completely ignoring my question. I felt embarassed crying in front of a guy but I was scared and if it wasn't for him, my body would have been lying in that alley.

 

“Jackson, I -”

 

“Maybe you should go now.” He walked towards the entrance door and opened it wide. He was an absolute and I could not stand him anymore. How much more thoughtless could he be? I headed towards the door and before I was completely outside he whispered “Forget whatever happened.” and slammed the door behind me.

 

This was one of the most exhausting morning ever, mentally exhausted. I felt like right now. My face unwashed and hair pointing every direction. I bet there is a dry drool mark on my face and Jackson's face was so close to mine he probably saw it. Taking my phone out I messaged Jinyoung that I am coming over and in seconds he replied me " Sure, hurry! :) " That automatically made a broad smile appear on my face. Hurriedly, I strided heading towards Jinyoung’s house.

 

*Ding dong* With a couple of bell rings Jinyoung opened the door letting me in. He must have been surprised that I was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. So, before he could ask me anything I told everything that happened and the encounter with Jackson too. He gave me a worried look rubbing the back of my back.

 

“That’s why I told you to stay for the night. See what you have gotten yourself into now.” I signed in frustration because I knew I had gotten myself in some shady trouble but being reminded by Jinyoung again was like salt added to my wounds. “I just need to freshen up and..I’ll go back.”

 

“No, not again Mark. I’ll take you to the station.” Jinyoung replied flatly, and that took me by surprise because he never spoke with me in that way. The always cheerful and jolly Jinyoung  disappeared for a moment before he smiled at me then walked over to the kitchen. I must have made him worried.

 

---

 

The school was as normal was before except I felt stares by guys from senior class during lunchtime or any free lesson. They would brush past me with smirk pasted on their faces. However it wasn't only me who noticed that treatment, Bambam, Jinyoung and Yugyeom did too. And as always, it was Bambam who spilled out first.

"Oe Mark, how come I see people taking interest in you suddenly?” I gave a shrug not wanting to reveal anything.  I did trust them but Jackson last exact words echoed inside my ears. "Forget whatever happened." Even just thinking about it made me shiver. They didn’t asked me further taking my hint that I wanted this topic to end it right there.


Week passed, Me and Jackson never interacted this whole time as if all of that incident was a dream, nightmare to be exact. And the entire week i felt like I was kept under surveillance by those seniors. There was one time when they almost cornered me in the toilet. Thankfully Jackson entered the toilet so they didn’t touch me and just walked out.

 

“ing , out of my way.” He pushed his shoulder against me and exited. I wanted to thank him but before I could his words pricked me hard. He obviously marked the horror glued on my terrified face. I had no idea where I went wrong, what had I done to deserve this? To get cursed by a stranger and treated as if I was nothing. My eyes stung with tears collected and how much I hated myself for crying at every little thing. Jackson was right. I am a , a ing coward. The reflection of myself in the mirror was a image of a miserable boy. Dark circles beneath my tired eyes, my shirt scrunched up. Absolutely wretched after weeks of sleepless night. It was hard to believe how my little life changed so much in that little time. And what was more beyond belief was that I had nothing to do with it. I made no fault. But why was I feeling like this.

 

And the way to get myself out of this depression was to go and talk to those seniors myself.

 

During lunch time asked my mates to have their lunch assuring them that I had an errand to run. Jinyoung seems a little reluctant to let me go off by myself however I reassured him playfully as I ruffled his raven hair.

 

“Come back early. We have got homework to finish. You don't want Teach Youngjae to give you detention right?” He flashed me a wink then waved bye. That added some courage that I have been mustering up over the weekend. Right after I made my way towards the playground where those seniors usually hung out. At the moment there were only two out of four of them sitting on the picnic table emerged on their conversation until a guy with creamy blonde hair saw me coming towards them. Why the was he wearing eyeliner?

 

“Guess who decided to come here. Yoongi the mouse decided to come out from it’s burrow.” He had a wide smirk, he got up together with the said guy Yoongi who was shorter but had a feral aura radiating.


“Oh! Mark Tuan. How are you doing?” The shorter guy said with a mocking tone as he reached for my tie to fix it. His face was disgustingly close to mine before he went for my ears and whispered in a very low tone making my knees weak to bones. “You don’t look well.” But I kept firm not giving in. I took a moment so I could control my voice and not let out my nervous stuttering. “I wanted to know why you guys are after me. I am sure we had never crossed each other's path before all this.” That came out as I wanted, solid and unfaltering. But it didn’t seem to work on this guy. He responded with a snort patting away imaginary dust from my shoulder. “Stop beating around the bush and tell me why Jackson is disregarding Namjoon hyung. He should go pay a visit to him since Namjoon hyung helped that er to stand on his feet again.”

 

Whatever came out of his mouth was like trash to me. It went from an ear and exited from the other. I was standing there bewildered. So it was about Jackson. “Look, I don’t know anything about what you are talking about. I just want to know why am I being chased?”

 

However, Yoongi gave me look of disapproval. “So you won't speak. I saw you and that kid going inside his apartment. My mates just wanted to tease you a little. Who knew you were Jackson’s lackey. Now tell me when I am asking nic-”

 

“I said I don’t know what you are talking about! Can’t you just leave me alone!” Everything that was built up inside my chest came out in a yell cutting in whilst he was speaking. It felt great yelling out, as if something heavy left my body. Until I realised that I shouldn't have spoked without thinking.

 

A strong fist landed on the side of my jaw squarely which made me stumble and drop flat on the ground. “This er.” Several kicks met my abdomen causing my inside churn vigorously. After relieving their anger they left me curled on the dirty ground. There wasn’t many students hanging around, though enough students to circulate this “noteworthy” event around the school. The taste of metallic liquid invaded my mouth, I felt sick and it was no other than Jackson to blame. It wasn’t me who went to get involved with Jackson, the troubles just got attracted to me. I listened to Bambam, it wasn’t my fault. I was unlucky to be in that area at that exact moment and got spotted by those gangs. It was Jackson’s fault for pulling me and taking to his place. If he hadn’t done that, I would have got beaten up and everything would have ended right there. It was completely Jackson’s fault. I made myself believe that.

 

Blood running through my veins were fuming with anger. But the pain on my stomach and piercing pain from the cut from my chin did not stop me from pushing off myself from the ground and find Jackson. I didn’t remember me ever striving so much like this, how badly I wanted Jackson to suffer the same as me. My uniform was covered in dirt but I couldn't care less. All I could see was red when I found Jackson walking down the empty hallway. He still had that superior look on his face, his lips turning into a smirk when he saw tattered me.

I charged for him raising my arm readying myself for a punch aiming for him soon-to-be-ugly face. Letting all of my pain and sting from the cut transform into anger, anger and strength on every tip of my knuckles and shove it right forward to his jaw causing him to collapse down to concrete on his back. That wasn’t enough. Not for me. I straddled him by his waist and started throwing punches everywhere with my eyes screwed shut before he could even think about getting up. Tears were urging to flow out but I kept my eyes wishing that it would actually help me stop my tears.

 

"Mark! Mark!" I recognised the voice, it was Jinyoung. He grabbed me by my waist and peeled me off from Jackson who had numerous bruises all across his face but I kept trying to struggle away from Jinyoung arms. It looked absolutely painful and I could see anger, fury and pain in Jackson's eyes that were staring right back at me. He didn't do anything, he didn't fight back but left without a word. My knuckles were heated with ache, dropping on my knees I stared at my shaking hands. I never thought I would do this, but now that I did it I was scared. Jinyoung was speaking, but I heard nothing. Only his lips moving through my blurry teary vision, shaking me by my shoulder worriedly.

 

My parents were very surprised by the state of my face and hands when I reached home but I lied to them saying that I fell  down from a long flight of stairs. They obviously didn't believe me though didn't question me further. Ahjumma told me if anything was bothering me I can always go to her. Couple of days ago she had announced of her pregnancy so I didn't wanted to stress her out. She enveloped me in a warm hug which made me forget about the reality for some moment and how I wished whatever happened would just vanish right away.

 

Later that night Bambam texted me.

 

'I heard what happened today. How are doing?'

 

I looked at my bandaged hand then sighed. 'Well enough to punch that guy a dozen more times.'

 

'Wow. U-go-boy!! Don't get gassed though.'  He replied almost instantly and made me chuckle a little.

 

'What do you want Kunpimook?' I stared at the phone for him to reply, but nothing came up. "What the hell..." Placing my phone under my pillow I shifted around to find a comfortable position.

 

My phone beeped after couple of minutes. It was Bambam.

 

'This might not be the right time to say this but. Someone I know is holding a party during this weekend. Wanna come? Take this as a chance to enjoy yourself and forget what happened dude. I don't take rejections. T_T’

 

One again I stared at my phone.



 

'I will be there, just send me the address.'

 

Pulling the blanket over my head, I squeezed my eyes shut concentrating on every pain on my body. The phone beeped again.









 

XxqmeJAZdjcIjjj91D9wUHjgkiVD4KcG4AKSGNmdy5vscr25xpikLsLIybzyJmpPIBn0iGjMbqv6WauG

Hmm. Mark I can see them beautiful bud and Jackson slapping you to stop flashing cuz that only belongs to him.

It's quite red too....(¬‿¬) Oh yesh.


Here is update again. Yup, and it's absolutely random.

I think this story is going to be a long one. Oh sheesus!

Thank you for subscribing everyone. Hope you are enjoying the story and

please comment too!!