Division II

BattleWorlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2014. 4.15,Daegu, South Korea, Building M

 

“Sir! We have a problem!.”

A man pushed up his glasses as his tried to talk to authorities of this building. His pen hanging around his neck was banging against the metal object that was in his hands. It was a small, thin machine, with metal linings in its sides and a screen in the middle. It had only 4 buttons, 2 in each side and currently it was clearly showing a graph.

 

“What is it?”

The authority answered with a certain power in his voice. He was a skilled professor and the man was his lab worker. He had a brisk pace as he walked to his office, and clearly impatient as he waited for the man to speak up.

 

“I rechecked the monitor for any signs for outer space development, as suggested by NASA and there has been a strange development going around just beyond the Orion arm and travelling fast towards the solar system.”

The man panted, he travelled far from his lab at the basement and into the 16th floor, with stairs.

 

“How is that possible.” The man in power grabbed the object in his hands and looked at the data. It indeed shows some signs of movement just right outside of the solar system. “Where did it come from?”

 

“I don’t know sir, but whatever it is, its moving in fast. I checked yesterday’s updates and it was not there. We would’ve known about anything that was 2000 light years from where it is.”

 

“We have to warn the other nations.” He stepped in closely to the worker, earning a step backwards from him. “What we feared most is happening right now.” And he rushed into his office.

 

His office was white, plain bright white light creating an impressions that the room was bigger that it already is. “Computer, requesting for worldwide conference immediately. Code red. I repeat, requesting for worldwide conference, status, code red.”

 

Instantly the room turned dark as the blinds automatically shut and the lights turned off. The wooden table produced a flat computer screen and instantly to show an emblem, the earth and along it a ring around it with a saying beyond it “Beyond Space”. The screen loaded and all at once 10 determined looked back to the man sitting in the chair. They were mixed races, some African, other Asian, and one or two Caucasian. An idiot didn’t have to be told that this meeting was of utmost confidentiality, a conference between the world’s strongest political leaders.

 

“What is in need professor?” The man in the top left corner spoke. Behind him, the flag of United Kingdom rose.

 

“It’s happening, the event, it’s sooner than we thought.” The professor spoke with a stern control in his voice.

 

“What are you implying professor?” A lady no more older 50 spoke.

 

The professor placed two fingers between his eyebrows. Such hard-headed people. “What I am implying is that we may have to start Operation Excursion sooner than we thought.”

 

The lab worker grew curiously. An operation Excursion, something he has never heard it before. Certainly only people higher up know something about that Excursion.

 

“Eherm, umm, what is Operation Excursion? If I may ask?” The worker said. The professor snapped up, forgetting that they was someone there.

 

“What? Who is there professor? What are you not telling us?” The old lady spoke firmly.

 

“I deeply apologize Prime Minister, this is Lee Ji Hyuk, one of my brightest laboratory scientists currently working on mapping the interstellar data. He was the one that told me about this problem.”

 

“Well, let us see him.” The first man told the professor, and he signed for Ji Hyuk to come forward.

 

“Hello, my name is Lee Ji Hyuk.” He spoke in broken English after all the conference is in English.

 

“Alright, explain what you found.” The lady ordered and the professor translated it for Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter