Division I

BattleWorlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2264, 9, 17, 13:14:06 A.T, SOLITUDITY COMPLEX, Building D

 

The sound of the buzz whirring and metals clanking rang clear through the empty hallways, creating such noise. It was the only sound that was currently in the building as the rest of the officials were sent off to their break.

‘CRACK’, ‘WHIR’, ‘BUZZ’, ‘ZIP’.

And although such miserable noises were being produced, no one even dared to stop the project that was underway.

As inside the massive auditorium from which the sound came from, over twenty-five people milling about, some writing in their notepad, others typing in their computer, each unfazed by the loud noise that was coming from the center of the room.

“The researchers are doing their job.” That’s the statement that would be said if one was silly enough to ask what they were doing.

Together, the researchers created a certain music representing their work right now, the stoic clacking of heels, the fingers across a keyboard, a drill going through a block of metal.

Metal.

That’s all there is to the world now.

As nature has become the one natural resource that people would pay millions for, if they have that amount.

 

Behind a clipboard, a pair of eyes stared at the piece of paper that draws a certain appeal that an individual of his rank would not leave eyes from.

“Are the processors connected?” His voice rang, a moment of complete authority as all the peopl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter