Chapter 1: The Meeting

My Hero, My Beautiful Warrior ~ Story Started
chapter
one
H
image one
THE
MEETING
Hope you guys like the chapter! -simplicity-
- Angelicme's notes

 

author's
note
  "And they all lived happily ever after." We've all heard that saying before. But what does it mean? Some say it means finding your one true love and being with them for the rest of your life. Some say it simply means to live happily for the rest of your life. Some don't even believe in it. But I have a different theory. I believe it means that you've accomplished everything you wanted in life. All the goals and dreams you grew up with, you've achieved them. Everyone who doubted you? You proved them wrong. That moment when you can sit back with ease because even if you died right there you'd be ok. But that's just my theory. And like a lot of things I say, my theory is irrelevant to most people.
 
The only person who truly listens to what I have to say is my older brother, Han. 
 
"Mei, your birthday celebration is about to start. The princesses have all arrived." 
 
And he was also the one I could count on to keep me on schedule instead of losing myself in my thoughts. I stood up at his words to head towards the garden. Han followed suit after closing my room door for me.
 
I headed towards the front where the platform was. My father and mother sat at the throne together and Han made his way back to his seat at a table while I made my opening speech.
 
"I thank you all for coming to my birthday celebration this evening and wish you all an enjoyable time." I took a slight bow and walked down the platform, surprising all the guests and my parents. Instead of taking a seat on my parent's left side, I took a seat at one of the round tables with all the other princesses. Han gave me an equally confused expression from his seat on another table. The air was awkward and crisp as everyone remained in position.
 
"My sister must really have wanted a sister that she wants to sit with all the other princesses. I must have been such a bad brother haha." 
"At least you know." I joked back. The small exchange successfully rid the tense air as the guests gave a hearty laughter.
 
"Welcome my sisters." The six other princesses all gave a greeting of their own. I looked around the table to see if everyone was here. 
 
In the first seat besides me was Wu Meiyuan, the Princess of Quailten. Despite the fact that she may be the oldest amongst us, 24, Meiyuan doesn't have much of a brain to be wise. The type to impulsively charge into battle, Meiyuan has seen the most out of all of us but still manages to be as fearless as she is. Unless she is faced with snakes. Probably one of the more bratty ones too, what Meiyuan wants, Meiyuan gets. Her most dangerous ability is the Frozen Dragon Claw that she learned from the Nine Yin Manual. Anything that comes in contact with her hand turns to ice.  
 
Lin Feilong, 19, Princess of Noviella sat next to Meiyuan. Feilong never goes into battle without a sort of animal companion as her power is being able to communicate with them. She's also the most mercliess and cold unless it's towarrds animals. Due to the harsh terrains, weakness in Noviella leads to a loss of life which is why fargile is not a word anyone would associate with Feilong or she wouldn't be sitting here at this table this very moment. 
 
And now we have the other bratty one, Chan Xinyi, Princess of Vexa. Being in her last teen year, 19, it might explain her immaturity. Despite being of a royal heritage, Xinyi acted more like one of the common lads than a princess warrior but her not worrying about getting dirty helps us reach far places. Such as the middle of a swamp when one of us kicked a ball too hard. 
 
Besides Xinyi was the Princess of Taria who despite her age of 19, Yoo Mirae is the most motherly one. Mirae is also the one who usually gets us out of trouble when someone does something wrong and watches over us quietly in order to formulate plans of escape. She is the smartest one amongst us and likes playing with fire once in a while, both figuratively and literally.
 
Princess of Esmeral, Moon Naeun, another quiet one sat next to Mirae. And though she's just as quiet, Naeun is also the one whose not afraid of speaking the truth, no matter how harsh reality is. But even as honest as she is, Naeun always means well. Oh and she has the worst memory despite being only 22. She has the power to heal. 
 
Then Hwang Jaeheeage 18 who is the princess of Hoswell. As the youngest, Jaehee is also the most gullible and naive although she's not a stranger to lying, a defense mechanism of hers when she thinks she's getting in trouble. Despite Jaehee's kind disposition, her alter ego is far from it. Her ability and the price it comes with remains a secret from everyone in her life besides her father.
 
Finally, there is me. Lu Mei of Hala. Currently 19 and have the power over light manipulation.  Asking for help is never really my forte but I try my best to fulfill my duties as a princess of Hala. And even though people tends to see me as this unreasonable person who never listens to anyone but herself, I am open to advice. I just don't like following them unless it's my own. 
_________________
 
As the dinner party was happening, a number of masked men surrounded the palace, watching on the roofs and in nearby trees. They needed to wait for the cue before attacking. 
 
That was when they saw the moment. There had been a sword dance performance and having known that beforehand, Donggeun had infiltrated one of his girls as one of the dancers. She would start the attack, aiming for one of the princesses and the men would charge in, in the moment of confusion and panic.
 
The music started to play and all the guests' attentions were all on the girls in the middle of the celebration. But the King had sensed something off and had his eyes peeled the whole evening. When he sees one of the girls reach into her sleeve to pull out a dagger, he leaped up. 
 
The assailant was aiming for the table with the princesses.