Epilogue

The Little Bumblebee

*Please tell me if you guys want this in the PDF or if you're satisfied just reading here! ^-^

Epilogue


"Kai, hurry!" You rush the boy as you check your make-up at the dresser. 

"I'm coming!" He shouts back, but you know he's lying. So you drop your hand from your face and barge into the bathroom. You see his eyes widen in the mirror as he exclaims in indignation, "Yah!"

You ignore him, eyes darting to his hands in his hair. You roll your eyes, slapping his hands away from his head. He turns to you, knowing what you're about to do. He carries you almost effortlessly by the waist, sitting you on the counter. He stands in between your legs as you fix his hair for him. You are well aware of Kai's gaze on you and his hands on your hips. It's been two years since you've gotten together and yet you're still conscious of his every move. 

"I'm so nervous," Kai confesses. 

You glance down into his eyes while your hands brush his mane back, "You'll do fine, Jongin."

"But that's what you always say," he pouts, squeezing your hips slightly.

You raise an eyebrow, pulling on his hair a little too hard as you ask, "Am I not always right?"

He keeps quiet and you know he's defeated. A few more hair brushes and his hair is perfect. You circle your arms around his neck loosely, pulling him in closer. Ducking your head, you give him a lingering peck on his lips.

"I'll be the loudest to cheer for you when you go up on that stage," you tell him. He chuckles, kissing you back. 

"I'm going up to kiss you on stage in front of everyone when it's your turn."

"Don't do that!" You hit his shoulder lightly. You move away from him and hop off the counter. "Seriously, don't embarrass me on my graduation, Kim Jongin. I'm going to break up with you if you ever do that." 

"You won't," he snorts dismissively. 

You walk out of the bathroom, grabbing your purse and wearing your heels. Kai comes up to you and you hold onto his arm for support. The both of you quickly leave your apartment, already a little late as it is. Kai drives, as usual. When you guys get to school, you see a free spot next to Chanyeol's car. You point to it and Kai quickly snatches the lot before anyone else does. 

Getting out of the mobile, Kai takes your hand in his when he reaches you. Somewhere along your journey as a couple, Kai has found the courage to hold your hand in public and kiss you in front of his friends. He has been displaying a lot of skinship now and you have to admit that you feed on his touches everyday. And who would have thought that Kai would be such a professional at showing skinship? You thought you were touchy and too clingy when you were the one showing all the skinship. But Kai is on a whole new level of touchy. Not that you don't like it, like you said, you feed on it.

"Jonginie!" Jongdae throws himself on Kai's back, effectively breaking his hold on you. 

"Yah, hyung!" he coughs as he immediately hooks his arms around Jongdae's thighs. 

You laugh, shaking your head at them until someone literally sweeps you off your feet. You yelp in surprise, clutching onto the fabric of this person's shirt. Jongin's eyes dart to your direction in an instant when he hears your shout. You look up and see Xiumin grinning down at you. 

"Hyung, put her down!" Kai snaps, letting go of Jongdae at once. 

"Oh my God!" Jongdae screams―rather femininely―as he drops to the ground. 

"He did this to everyone's girl," Chanyeol informs his best friend in amusement. "Some kind of tradition, I assume." 

"Yeah, but you have the biggest reaction out of everyone," Lay chimes. 

Your boyfriend growls at the others as Xiumin puts you down gently. He pats your hair and tries to brush your dress, but Kai comes and pulls you to his side. "Mine!"

"I swear to God," Kyungsoo groans. "You're such an over-protective boyfriend― No, a maniac." 

Kai is about to lunge at his other best friend when Junmyeon claps his hands. "Come on guys, we're going to be late." 

He pulls Kai away, dragging him and you giggle as you watch your boyfriend's eyes widen, his arms flailing and reaching out for you to save him. You chuckle in amusement, shaking your head at him. He looks at you with betrayal in his eyes and you almost want to run to him. He's so good at making you do that. Jongdae's girlfriend comes up to you and loops her arm with yours. You forget about your boyfriend.

Everyone disperses to their respective faculties, leaving only you, Chanyeol, Jongdae and his girlfriend to catch up with Kai and Junmyeon. All of you go to your allotted seats upon arriving the hall. Chanyeol is close by and he turns to you, winking.

The ceremony is boring. But as the graduating students start to go up on stage to receive their certificates, you keep your eyes peeled for your boyfriend and friends.

Jongdae's girlfriend is the first to go up amongst you guys. Cheers, whoops and whistles are heard the entire time she is up on stage. The man presenting the paper is grinning at her and she bows her head, her ears burning red.

Following his girlfriend is Jongdae and the number of people cheering for him was more than the group of you guys. Seems like Jongdae is a social butterfly. The next out of you guys is Jongin and you whoop loudly, going as far as to standing up and clapping. Laughter escapes your lips when you see Kai laughing as well, shaking his head slightly. Junmyeon was in sequence and he receives the same treatment from you guys.

After him, you are next. You don't know how you got up onstage, being too nervous to even notice anything. When you're up, walking towards the presenter, you hear Kai's distinct cheers. Your cheeks burn. As you are taking the certificate from him, Kai's exclamation rings out clearly.

"That's my girl!!!"

You want to hide in a hole forever as wolf whistles resonate through the hall, courtesy of other students. The final person of the group is none other than Chanyeol. And it's as if you guys had planned it as none of you shout for him. He looks upset when he smiles for his picture and that is when all your shouts and yells come in, the loudest they have been. He is grinning from ear to ear as he trots happily down the stairs and back to his seat.

 

 

"Let's have a party!!!" Tao exclaims excitedly when you are all huddled together again.

"Dinner first," Sehun chips in.

Kai's thumb is rubbing the back of your hand as he informs the group, "We'll join you guys for dinner."

"No party?" Chanyeol pouts mockingly.

Kai shakes his head, tilting his head towards you. He mentions, "We have plans."

Chanyeol scoffs, ignoring Kai at once. You turn to your boyfriend in curiosity, not told about these "plans" you guys supposedly have. He smirks at you, shrugging his shoulders mysteriously. You let him off since you'll know of his surprise in a few hours. But it doesn't stop making you feel excited and anxious throughout dinner.

Everyone is chattering at dinner, even Kai, who had nothing much to talk about a year ago. He has open up so much since then and the bond all of you have fostered within this big group is stronger than ever. And you only hope that it doesn't break even as you leave the school. You're certain it won't though, because even with many of you in different courses, you still all managed to meet up. It's fascinating.

Kai's hand doesn't leave your thigh throughout the night. It is either that, or he drapes his arm over the back of your chair, his fingers lightly drawing patterns on your bare neck. Dinner is over seemingly soon and you're all hugging each other goodbye. One or two boys are sniffling as well but you won't tell on them. Their name definitely doesn't rhyme with 'cow' though. Of course not. All the girls are teary-eyed, their boyfriends hugging them close in attempts at consoling them.

Kai is one of them as he hugs you by the side, his other hand reaching up to your cheek and wiping the trails of tears. He kisses your head just as Chanyeol comes up to the two of you. You cry harder and Kai sends his best friend a glare. Chanyeol feels wronged and accused, leaving the both of them bickering in front of you. It feels like old times and it makes you tear out of Kai's hold so suddenly that he shuts up.

Chanyeol stumbles slightly, knocked backwards by you tackling him. You squeeze his waist tight, your cheek against his chest.

"Chanyeol!" You cry. He grunts, patting you on the back, not knowing what to do with a crying girl. "I'm going to miss you so much..."

"Me too, princess," he states quietly, wrapping long limbs around your shoulders. "Don't keep hanging out with Kai, okay? Hang out with me."

You chuckle as Kai hits Chanyeol at the back of his head, causing the giant to let go of you and rub his sore head. Your hug linger a second longer before you let go of your best friend, returning to Kai's side. He rests his hand on your waist. Kai has to drag you away because you're starting to latch onto people. You're sniffling quietly in the car and Kai knows not to speak. He is driving off to somewhere isolated and you perk in interest. Kai notices your change in demeanor and he smiles, reaching over to flick his finger under your chin affectionately just as he always does. You turn to him.

"Where are we going?"

"Staycation, sweetheart."

 

 

The cabin is the only establishment there. The beach is behind the house and a meadow just opposite the front. You gape at the place, captured by the beauty the scenery before you holds despite the darkness. You shiver involuntarily and seconds later, a coat is draped over your shoulders. You look up to see Kai staring at the view too.

Sensing your gaze, he turns to you, a small smile on his face. "Pretty, huh?" All you can do is nod because words seem to be failing you now. He chuckles softly, a sound that makes you feel a lot more relaxed. He leans in until you can feel his hot breath above your lip. "But my girlfriend's prettier."

He cups your jaw with his warm hand, his lips planting on yours firmly. You moan, tilting your head to let him have more access. Your hands are still grasping onto his dress shirt when you pull away, slightly breathless. Kai sends you a soft smile before leaving, but you follow him, afraid to be left alone here.

You grasp hold of his hand and he squeezes it slightly as reassurance. He grabs two duffle bags out of the trunk of the car, proceeding to lock his vehicle as he leads the way to the cabin. Kai pulls out what you assume is the key to the house and slots it into the keyhole. The door clicks open and he enters first, turning the lights on quickly. Your eyes roam the interior of the place. It isn't anything fancy but it's cozy. And you like cozy.

"Wanna stargaze?" Your boyfriend proposes. You face him and see that he is smiling at you. You nod and he asks, "The beach?"

"It's gonna be cold..." You mumble.

"I think they provide spare blankets..." He trails off, going in search to look for those spare blankets.

You walk around the house noiselessly, eyeing everything. The place isn't that big and grand-looking like those in movies. But there is a homey feeling to it and you like it. You open the fridge and you see that it isn't empty. Kai must have brought over some food without you knowing. Maybe that was why he was gone yesterday morning!

"Found it!" Kai announces. You join him at the living room and you beam at him. He holds out his hand, "Let's go."

Kai sets a yoga mat he found in the house on the sand, helping you to sit in your dress. He drapes the blanket over you before sitting next to you. You wrap him into the blanket burrito too and he lays his head on your shoulder. His arms are circling your waist. The waves are crashing soundly against the shore and it's soothing. Especially with Kai rubbing your side.

"How long are we staying here for?" You murmur against his hair.

"Hmm... Until the morning after tomorrow."

"How'd you even find this place?"

He shrugs, looking up at you. His eyes are shiny and you're entranced by them. He straightens before hovering over you. You lean back as he goes closer, until you are laying down. His hands are by your head and as you stare at him, you can't help but see how beautiful he looks in the star-filled night sky. You gasp very softly when he curls your hair behind your ear.

His finger lingers on your skin, trailing down your neck. You watch his eyes follow his finger. He pushes his coat off your shoulders and the cold wind brushes your skin. You feel cold from the wind but with Kai at such a close proximity, you feel hot. He slowly pulls the left strap of your dress off, glancing at you to see if it's okay. You reach up to brush his hair away, lining his eyebrow with your thumb as you slide your hand away. He pulls the other strap of the dress off gently.

"Let's go in the water," Kai murmurs, pulling your dress down slowly and stopping at your waist. You nod, swallowing.

Kai sits up, ing his shirt. He strips down to nothing and walks into the water. You watch him wade through the waters, his that seems to give you security facing you. You let out a deep breath, slipping your dress down the rest of your body. It isn't that you're nervous because it's your first time. In fact, in the year that you have been together, Kai has seen and been to every part of you that is hidden to everyone else. And the same for him.

Maybe it is the place you're at, maybe it's the night, or perhaps it's the feeling of being a graduate. But it feels so magical to be with Kai here. And that's all you think of as you go into the water to reach him; this night is magical and beautiful. Kai opens his arms to you and you hug him, your cheek on his warm chest. He embraces you, rubbing your arms to relieve you from the coldness.

"Congratulations on graduating, sweetheart," the male whispers.

"Congratulations to you too, Kai," you murmur, kissing his chest. He hums in reply. You know Kai has something to say so you look up at him. He fidgets and you chuckle, "You look just like how you did when you were confessing to me, Jongin. What do you wanna say?"

"I..." He gulps, glancing down at you nervously. You reach up and massage his neck comfortingly. His voice is soft when he says, "I want you to move in with me."

 

 

You awake to an empty bed the next morning, feeling cold immediately. You grab a shirt from Jongin's bag and throw it over your body before going out of the room. The smell of something cooking is wafting through the house and you smile, knowing Kai is cooking. You pad into the kitchen to see Kai hovering over the stove, wearing just a pair of boxers. Walking over to him, you place a warm hand on his back he turns to you, only to be greeted with a kiss to the lips.

“Slept well?” He chuckles, nudging the omelette in the pan.

You nod, “Yeah. But I would have appreciated it better if I didn’t wake up alone.”

Kai laughs and you walk over to the fridge, getting out a small carton of strawberry milk, something only you like to drink. Kai never forgets and he spoils you by buying strawberry milk so you don't miss a day without drinking it. You watch him cook as you sit on the counter, swinging your legs leisurely, occasionally kicking your boyfriend playfully. Soon, breakfast is served and you’re run to sit at the dining table. The male chuckles at your behaviour.

Breakfast is a quiet affair for the both of you, neither being a morning person. Just basking in the presence of the other is enough to keep the both of you contented. You wash the dishes, Kai helping you from the side. He pushes your hair off your shoulder, keeping your hair away from your face. He tugs you back to bed when you're done. He sits up against the headboard, his legs and arms slightly open for you to occupy. You settle between his legs and he hugs your chest, pulling the blanket up to your chin.

"Can we go to the beach again?" You ask, laying your head on his collarbone.

"To skinny dip again? ," Kai teases.

"Kai!" You blush, hitting his thigh.

"I'm kidding," he laughs. "If you wanna go, of course we'll go."

"I wanna walk along the beach," you tell him. "And then we'll go to the meadow and pretend we're in a Disney movie."

"What?"

"Yeah, like sing until the birds come flocking—"

"You're so weird!" Kai exclaims, rubbing his nose into your cheek. You're giggling as you squirm in his hold.

Your hand is in Kai's as you stroll along the shore. Your toes are in the sand and the sun is beating down on you. It is mid-spring and the weather is beautiful. The both of you don't bother changing out, merely going out in whatever you were wearing at breakfast. No one is around anyway. You're talking to him about your days while in university, laughing and reminiscing.

"It's a new beginning now, huh," you murmur sadly, more to yourself than to him.

Kai squeezes your hand and you look at him. He has a warm smile as he reminds you, "It's a new beginning for us too."

 

 

You groan, finally done with moving and unpacking everything into Kai's place. You jump onto his— your new bed, closing your eyes to rest for a minute. But that minute happens to become an hour, then two hours. You only open your eyes when you hear a lot of commotion and the two little ones barking. A note is stuck to your head and you roll your eyes, trusting your boyfriend for being so romantic.

Wash up and come outside when you're awake

You do as he says, leaving the room refreshed and clean. In the living room is everyone from your clique, laughing and chatting. You're swooped up into a fireman's lift and you yelp in surprise.

"Hyung!" Kai whines. "Stop doing that and get your own girlfriend!"

Xiumin grins at you, planting a big fat kiss on your cheek, the smacking sound loud enough to disgust everyone. Kai grabs you and carries you out of Xiumin's hold before your boyfriend kicks his thigh painfully. The older male drops to the ground dramatically, crying in pain. Kai wipes at your cheek, mumbling and hoping that Xiumin doesn't contaminate you with his saliva.

"What's this?" You ask him as he cleans your face, pushing your hair out of your face at the same time.

"Housewarming party!" He grins. "Kinda. For you. But not really since you stayed here a lot anyway... I don't know, just a... party?"

You laugh at Kai rambling as you glare playfully at the others, "Who gave him candies?"

Everyone mercilessly points to Baekhyun and the male raises his hands in surrender. He shakes his head, "I didn't know he gets sugar rushes like that! I just gave him a few—" You squint your eyes at him. He swallows nervously before indignantly exclaiming, "You're depriving him of his sweets!"

Everyone laughs at Baekhyun's poor defense and he turns red. You chuckle, turning back to Kai who is pouting at you. You brush his hair back and tapping his cheek lightly with your palm. You bring him to the kitchen, getting him to drink some water. He drinks everything you hand him obediently like a little boy. Then he goes to the toilet twice in the next hour.

You announce to everyone, pointing stern fingers at them, "Do not give my boyfriend candies."

"He's like a kid," Kyungsoo scoffs just as Kai steps out of the bathroom. His wide eyes widens even more and the next few minutes you're all watching them wrestle each other.

Yixing comes up to you, patting your head, "Don't let your hormones get the best of you both."

You flick your hair at him, "We'll see."

There is silence from him before he shouts out loud on purpose, "You mean you're both not s anymore?!?!"

"WHAT?!" Chanyeol yells, jumping on Kai as well. "You my princess!"

"Yah, what if she's the one who me!" Kai yells back in unfairness and you throw yourself at the pile. 

"Yah, I have never you, stop flattering yourself!" You grouse, slapping your boyfriend's back painfully until he is coughing. 

You hear Yixing wondering, "I was just asking a question but I guess we all know the answer now."

Suddenly everyone is in the pile and you're all shouting at each other for doing things you have never done and then laughing about it. It is almost one in the morning when you start hearing light snoring. Everyone had decided to stay over and you're all in the living room, having a movie marathon. Light snickers are heard and you kick Tao, who is planning to pounce on the sleeping boy. He shows you a pout and you sigh, pulling Kai to rest his head on your shoulder. He opens his eyes at the movement. 

"Go to bed," you whisper, gesturing to the bedroom with a tilt of your head. 

He grunts in response, getting up from his position. Everyone's attention is on Kai for the moment and they see him bending again to give you a good night kiss on your lips. They snort as he enters the room. He must have been tired from all the moving today. It's understandable, especially since he didn't get a nap like you did. One by one, your friends are overcome by sleep as the night wears on. When you find yourself nodding off, you make your way to your room quietly. You hear Kai's deep breathing and you make sure that you don't wake him up as you tip toe to the bed. 

You slip under the blanket soundlessly, laying next to Kai. The boy shifts and you hold your breath. He knocks onto you and he groans before wrapping his limbs around you like a sloth. He moans in delight, snuggling his face into your neck. You smile to yourself, knowing exactly how he feels because you've done it him on so many accounts.

"Good night," you whisper, kissing his temple. 

He hums in reply, the only tell-tale of him listening to you is him squeezing your waist. 


Author's note:

idk i missed fluffy jongin so i made a senseless fluff epilogue..... ;_____; I MISS WRITING THIS FIC I MISS JONGIN I WANNA CRY!!!!! maybe i'll make a kai-based fic the next time. a longer one....... hehe 

also, i'm sorry if you guys wanted to see some action in bed.. I didn't add any rated scenes because it would be a little out of place in this fluff story lol

bye bye (again) T_T