Me and You

Me and You

Chapter 2

 

The one gazed coldly & unfeelingly around her luxurious hotel room. White wallpaper, perfect bed, the room was fit for a princess.

 

She sighed, ‘My life was like a princess once. The words love & friendship actually existed in my dictionary before. I loved my parents & really liked my friends. He ruined my life but I don’t hate him. If it weren’t for him, I would be living a normal life right now, not the life of a gangster, fighting & killing all the time.’ She knew everyone feared her. Everyone except the new FBI agent. He didn’t fear her. She liked him. If he happened to injured her, she would let him live, he had the guts to joke around with her. Very rare nowadays. A single, transparent tear rolled down her porcelain round cheek. She remembered so clearly the last time she met someone who joked around with her, someone who had left her forever.

 

She had been thirteen then. Young, innocent & naive. It was her first masquerade. A friend of her dad’s set it up & invited them to attend. The most important people from all over the country were there.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Oh, my god! This is so exciting! I wonder if anyone will ever ask me to dance?! Oh, look at them all dancing on the floor with masks! Just like in the movies!” A young girl squealed in delight, while feeling her own white mask.

 

A man with broad shouldered & nice body shape walked up to her. She had been secretly gazing at him for a while now. She felt her heart missing a beat. He didn’t dance with anyone yet but he was walking up to her, “Hello miss, care for a dance?” Came a voice, soothing, deep & y from behind the black mask.

 

She couldn’t believe her luck. He was asking her to dance.

 

With extreme difficulty, she extended her white gloved hand out & allowed the young man to lead her on to the dance floor.

 

They glided across the dance floor. The rest of the world seemed like nothing & the only thing that mattered to them was the other. Slowly, they came to a halt. Suddenly, they heard loud whooping & people shouting, “Kiss! Quick!” When they looked up, they saw in all its glory, a mistletoe. Then, it was as if time itself had stopped, their lips brushed against each other.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

After that meeting, they had never met again; never even saw the other’s face. Didn’t even know their dance partner’s name. She knew she had fell for him. Her love never to be returned or so she thought. He promised to come back for her in a month but she waited five & then eight, her beautiful figure turned skinny & she refused to eat. Until she was convinced she had been tricked. From that day on, she put herself through university with flying colors & took a course with one of the world’s best self-defense master. She was going to punish god for what he did to her through killing his children. She was going to be heartless & become a gangster. It wasn’t easy at first, killing, fighting, stealing, she got used to it. She was a human killing machine. A genius. The public gave her a name, hell angel. She deserved it, too.


“That’s right. Put some power into that kick. That’s the spirit. Great job you guys. See you all in a few days.” Said a handsome young guy with a black belt wrapped around his waist. Apparently, this was the new instructor.

 

‘Not just strength & techniques but looks, too. I don’t want to dump him after one date like all the others. I think I will go out with him for as long as he wants. Something about his voice reminds me of him.’ Thought Tiffany.

 

Her thoughts were disturbed when the guy started talking to her, “Hey there. I see you have been standing there for quite a while now. You know how to fight? Come on down, why don’t we have a match?” Offered the young instructor.

 

Tiffany obediently stepped off bleachers & walked over to him. She gracefully slipped off her black owens jacket to reveal a long sleeve, zip neck & sleeve bedford top & a pair of black gigi pants.

 

The guy, she noticed, seemed pretty impressed by the way she looked. Unlike other guys, however, he didn’t start flirting with her.

 

They started fighting & boy, it was like the first time Tiffany didn’t win. Well, the guy didn’t exactly win either. They sort of fell on the ground at the same time. He tried to kick Tiffany, make her lose balance but he lost his balance too.

 

Before she had time to react, Tiffany felt herself landing on top of something warm & hard. When she turned around, she started blushing a deep shade of crimson.

 

‘What’s happening to me? I never blush like this even if I was getting hugged by a guy in public. This isn’t even public. I’m going insane.’ Thought Tiffany.

 

For a while, both were silent until the guy decided to stand up & offer his hands to pull her up, too.

 

The moment their hands touched, it was as if time had gone backwards. It reminded Tiffany of the last time a guy had held her hand & never saw him again. That time was eight years ago, at a masquerade.


“You fight good. My name’s Yunho. Yunho Jung. What’s yours?’ Introduced the guy, who also seemed kind of shocked too, “Tiffany Hwang, you don’t fight bad either.” Complimented Tiffany.


“Hi Tiffany. You want to go out for a drink with me?” Asked Yunho.

 

“Sure.” Answered Tiffany, who felt her heart skipping a beat.


‘Really, what is going on with me? Why am I acting like this?’ Thought Tiffany, kind of mad at herself.