Chapter 3

Accustomed to Fame II: The Years After

"Ah, it hurts.." he complained, rubbing the spot you flicked.

You laughed and walked at a quicker pace.

"Hey Jung Mi Hyun, come back here!" he yelled, running after you.

You quickened your pace even more until he caught your waist, twirling you around to face him.

"My husband, still as smooth as ever," you said, eyes smiling. 

"Of course," he winked, then gave you a kiss that shouted 'I love you'. 

He doesn't even have to say it, you thought and smiled.

"Love you," he whispered, hands leaving your waist to grip your cold ones. He lifted them both up and blew his warm breath onto them. "There," he said in contentment. He let go of one hand and began to walk back home. Arms swinging back and forth, "I was thinking.. We should go on a trip," he started. "You know, before.."

"With everyone?" you asked, getting excited.

"No-" said Jinyoung.

"Oh that sounds great! Let's hurry and tell them!" You jogged, dragging him along.

He sighed and jogged reluctantly behind you. That's not what I meant..

 

"So, Jinyoung and I were talking earlier, and.. We already spend a lot of time together, but it's always at each other's houses or at restaurants.. So I was thinking, we should go on a trip! It doesn't have to be far.. Maybe just a different city?" you asked them all. "Plus, it'll just bring us closer together."

The sudden proposal left everyone in silence, but after some thought, all began to agree.

"That actually sounds great," Hayoung exclaimed.

"Channie, maybe we'll meet some girls there," Baro nudged him.

"Hyung, is that all you ever think about?" he rolled his eyes.

"Well it should be what you think about," he said, poking Gongchan's forehead, "you've never even had a girlfriend. And you're like what, twent-"

Gongchan tackled him and covered his mouth. "Why do you always have to embarass me.."

Everyoned laughed. "I think it's cute that you've never had a girlfriend!" Bomi said with a bright smile. "In all honesty, I've never had a boyfriend either. It's nothing to be ashamed of," she said, then proceeded to discuss the trip with you and the rest of the girls.

After that comment, Gongchan's eyes stayed on her. "Hey, hey-" Baro said, waving his hand in front of the boy who was in a daze.

"Huh? Oh.." he said, coming back to his senses.

"So what do you guys say?" you asked after a while.

It was a unanimous yes.

 

"Oh let me help you with that," Gongchan ran to Bomi, and unloaded her bags from the van.

"Jinyoung, unload our bags while I go check into our rooms, hm?" you requested.

"Sure, just call me if you need anything," he said, starting to lift heavy suitcases from the trunk, which was no problem for him.

"Jung Hwan, get over here and help Hyo Jin and Mi Hyun unnie with their stuff! We can't have them straining themselves too much," Eunji winked to you and Hyo Jin. Sandeul came quickly to his wife's calls.

"Oh come on Eun Ji-ah, it's not like we're six months pregnant. We don't even have bellies yet," Hyo Jin said, pushing her playfully. "We're okay Sandeul, just help the rest of the girls."

L.Joe walked toward Naeun and snatched her things without a word and proceeded to the lobby, causing her to smile and walked quicker to go at his speed.

 

After everyone had the chance to figure out who to share their rooms with, get settled, and freshen up, you all met at the lobby as promised. The plan was to go to the beach and go to dinner since it was already a few hours past noon. Jinyoung followed along with everything. He laughed and had fun, but something just seemed off with him. At times you'd see him just spacing out silently, like his mind was somewhere else. The first few days you figured he was just trying to get used to the surroundings, with it being exposed and all; he still was a celebrity. On the last day of the trip, you finally sat with him and talked, alone. 

 
"Hey.." you said softly, as if trying not to wake someone up, and sat with him on one side of the bed. 
 
He smiled with only one corner of his mouth, looking at you, but looked away and clasped his hands together, putting his weight on his thighs. "What's up?"
 
"You okay? Was the trip not fun? I really thought you'd enjoy it.. I mean it was your idea and all.." you said morosely, with a pout. 
 
"It was fun, I really enjoyed myself," he said unconvincingly. 
 
"Tell me the truth babe, I know something's bothering you.." you said, taking his hands. "Are you and Joe not getting along again? You know he has his thing with Naeun now, you don't really have to worry about that."
 
"No, it's not that.."
 
"Then what?" you said, almost raising your voice.
 
"When I suggested this trip.." he hesitated. "I wanted it just to be the two of us. You know, after we have our baby, we won't be able to do things like this alone anymore. I was hoping for this to be like a.. What do they call them? Um.. Oh! A babymoon, you know, that." He looked into your eyes. 
 
"Oh.." you uttered, feeling bad, looking down. "Why didn't you just tell me before I booked everything..?"
 
"You just seemed so excited to go with everyone so.." he said, now taking dominance of your hands and caressing them. 
 
After a moment of silence, you suddenly looked up and held his face in your hands gently. "Tell you what," you started, "I'll extend our trip for a few days, and let everyone go ahead today." 
 
"No, you really don't have to do that-"
 
"I want to," you said firmly. 
 
His lips rose into a smile and came forward to kiss you. 

 
 
"Bye guys, be safe!" you yelled at the two vans filled with your friends who were getting ready to leave. 
 
"Take care of unnie, Jinyoung oppa!" Bomi said cutely, causing Gongchan to squint his eyes and scrunch his nose. 
 
After multiple exchanges of waves and goodbyes, they were gone, and it was just the two of you. You gave each other a look, smiled, and headed off. Your relationship had come to the point where some things just didn't need to be said to be understood by the other, and this time around, that certain look meant it was time to eat. 
 
"Oh gosh, everything just looks so good, I can't choose!" you squealed. 
 
"Get whatever you want okay?" he said, skimming over the menu.
 
With that remark, your table ended up with food that obviously could not be finished by two slim human beings. 
 
"I think we went a little overboard.." you said. 
 
"You know, I may look like this, but nowadays I've been able to eat as much as Sandeul," he said proudly.
 
"We'll see about that," you laughed. 
 
"Eat as much as Sandeul, huh?" you mocked, as both of you carried a bag of leftovers each. 
 
"Alright alright," he laughed along. "Let's go leave this in the room and take a walk on the beach."
 
You took took a deep breath and inhaled the ocean smell that you've missed so much. Jinyoung did the same. 
 
"It really has been a while since the last time we were on a beach huh?" he asked. 
 
"Yeah, I think the last time was our wedding.." you said, sniffling and wiping a year off your cheek. "These hormones are already kicking in," you laughed. There was no response. When you looked over to the side, he was no longer walking beside you. "Jinyoung?"
 
"Miss, how much it is for one?" he asked the little child selling flowers. 
 
"B1A4's Jinyoung?" she asked with wide eyes. 
 
Jinyoung winked at her. "I would really like to buy one of these for my wife over there," he said, pointing to your lost self. 
 
"No charge," she smiled, handing him a pink tulip. 
 
He bowed to the child. "Thank you very much." 
 
 
"Where have you been? I got so scared, I thought you left me," you laughed. "I don't even know how to get back to the hotel from here."
 
He revealed the tulip from behind his back. "I was getting you this."
 
You took it and smiled. "You really know romance, don't you?" you laughed. "Until when will you keep surprising me like this, Jung Jinyoung?" you asked, pinching his cheeks, trying to take attention away from your blushing face. 
 
"Until my very last breath."