Chapter 1

Accustomed to Fame II: The Years After

You were perfectly happy in Jinyoung’s warm embrace, knowing that you were exactly where you were supposed to be at that very moment. All the years of misery were over and everything was finally falling into place. After a some time, you released him from the embrace but Jinyoung continued to hold on, making you laugh lightly.

“Shh, just stay still. I just want to stay like this for a little bit,” he said softly, keeping your head pressed against his chest.

“And what about work? Are we not going?” you asked, giggling.

He let out a long sigh. “Alright, alright,” he said, reluctantly letting you go.

“Thank you,” you said, giving him a peck, along with a smile. Unsatisfied, he caught you by the wrist before you could walk away. He pulled you in close and gave you a long kiss.

“That’s more like it.,” he said, immediately earning a smack from you. “What? We’re married! There’s nothing wrong with kissing.. You have a baby in you for crying out loud. How do you think that happened? You’re acting like we haven’t done things before..” he complained. “And since when did you hit this hard?” he said, rubbing the stinging red spot that was left behind on his arm.

You laughed at him and his face. “Okay, sorry, but I have to get ready now.”

As you were walking back into the bedroom, Jinyoung looked at you, his pout turning into a smile, thinking about how lucky he was to have you.

It was almost time for you to be at work but you still weren’t ready. “Babe, are you ready yet? You’re gonna be late!” he yelled out.

“Yeah, almost!” you responded. You were vomiting once again and you didn’t feel too great, but you didn’t want to tell Jinyoung because you knew he wouldn’t let you go to work if he knew you were like that. You quickly finished up and came out.

“You look so pale.. You sure you’re okay to go to work?” he asked worriedly.

You smiled. “Of course.”

“Okay then..” he said, not fully convinced. He took your hand and walked out the door and to the car, opening the door for you as he’s always done, and closing it after you took your seat. He then drove you to work and pulled up at the front of the building.

You hurriedly leaned in to give him a quick peck and he gladly accepted it. “Have a good day okay? Just text me when you want me to pick you up.”

“Okay. Love you,” you said, stepping out of the car and dusting off your clothes to release any wrinkles. You knew how to be professional when necessary. You were a CEO, after all.

Employees all bowed as you entered the doors. Even after years, it still made you uncomfortable. You still felt that they deserved the respect, that you should be bowing to them instead. As usual, you sat at your desk and started on some paperwork. You thought about how you would tell your family and friends about the good news. *Should I surprise them? Should I tell everyone over dinner? Ah, I don’t know..* you thought, shaking your head.

“What could possibly get you thinking so hard?” a familiar voice asked.

“Yeah, we’re curious!” said another.

You looked up to see Mir and L.Joe with their bright smiles, waving. You got up from your seat. “Oh my g- what are you guys doing here?” you said, covering your mouth in surprise. They walked towards you and gave you a hug, and you smiled, returning the hug.

“There’s been more employees in the States and we hear that there was a lack of them here, so we requested to be transferred,” Mir said.

L.Joe stood there smiling, but his discomfort was evident. His eyes were fixed on the picture of you and Jinyoung that sat in a frame on your desk.

“Oh wow,” you said, hugging them again. “I’m so glad you guys are here! I actually have some big news to tell everyone, but not just yet,” you said.

Mir and L.Joe tilted their heads in curiosity.

“You guys will know soon,” you winked.

 

Meanwhile, just after dropping you off, Jinyoung went to a nearby flower shop. He walked around the store searching for the perfect bouquet. He thought to surprise you as a ‘thank you’ for carrying your baby and ‘congratulations’ to the both of you for starting up a new chapter in your lives. He continued to search around the store until he heard the cry of a baby. He looked for the source and saw a baby girl laying in a stroller, crying loudly. He saw that there was no guardian around, so he slowly walked over to the stroller.

“Shh, shh, shh,” he started to sing a lullaby with the softest voice he could produce. Almost immediately the baby started to simmer down, and soon became completely at peace. What Jinyoung didn’t know was that the baby’s mother wasn’t too far away and had seen everything. The mother smiled and walked over to him.

“You’re quite good at that. You have any of your own?” she asked.

“Ah, no. Well not yet. Just this morning my wife and I found out that she’s pregnant,” he said with a proud smile.

 

“Oh, congratulations! I wish you both the best of luck. You’ll be a great father,” the woman said.

Jinyoung smiled back, thanked her, bowed, and made his way over to another part of the store. With his lack of knowledge of flowers and the endless choices, he ended up going for the classic red roses. He then went to pick a dedication card and paid for the items. He walked out of the store confidently and got into his car. Deciding he could not wait until he got home to write in the card, he searched for a pen in his car and got to writing.

 

My dearest Mi Hyun,

 

Time really flies doesn’t it? It feels like just yesterday when I saw you at that cafe. I almost hated you for not knowing who I was. I can’t believe how arrogant I was.. But then again, if I wasn’t like that, we wouldn’t be where we are today. These past years were tough, but we made it. If I could do it all over again, no matter how hard it was, I would, as long as it’s with you. I’m looking forward to living the rest of my life with you and our baby. This is just a thank you for not giving up on me and for the next nine months that will probably be like hell for you. I’ll be here to support you through it all. I love you, always.

 

Love, Jinyoung

 

He smiled and closed up the card and placed it with the flowers in the back seat. With that, he went to the studio to work on some music while he waited to pick you up.

 

"So are we gonna go out tonight or what?" Mir asked.

"Is that even a question?" you said back, laughing.

Mir laughed as well. "Alright, well we're not here for leisure. We'll get to work and leave you alone," he said, getting up and heading for the door.

L.Joe was lost in thought. "Come on Joe," Mir called out.

"H-huh? Oh! Bye Mi Hyun," he said, avoiding eye contact and following Mir out the door quickly.

You couldn't help but feel bad. What he told you at the airport a few years back started the decline of your close relationship and it had only gotten worse because of the distance.

Just a few hours later, they came barging back into your office.

"Lee Mi Hyun! It's 7 PM, let's go! No overtime for you today!" Mir shouted. L.Joe follwed quietly behind.

"Sheesh, you're so loud! We're still at work, keep it professional," you said.

"Oh, sorry. I'm just so excited to see you again," he said ruffling your hair.

You laughed. "Okay, let's go." You picked up your hand bag, and not noticing, you left your phone behind.

Usually, you would ask Jinyoung to pick you up around 7:30 or 8:00. You had already been out for some time and you had also forgotten to let Jinyoung know not to wait up. It was 8:45, and he was getting worried. He tried everything: your cellphone, your office phone, and the front desk.

An employee answered and Jinyoung kindly asked to look for you in your office.

"Ah, I think I saw her leave with two other people that work here, but I can still check her office if you'd like."

"Yes, please."

"Please wait a moment."

Jinyoung waited anxiously.

"Oh, hello sir? She's not here right now but I found her cellphone here.. It seems she forgot it."

"Oh I see.."

"I can leave it at the front desk if you'd like to pick it up, sir."

"Yes, please do that. Thank you."

 

You were clueless, still out with them, not a single thought of Jinyoung crossing your mind.

"Mi Hyun, come take a shot!" Mir offered.

"I'm okay for now, I'm really not in the mood to drink right now," you lied.

"Ya, you're being really weird.. Since when have you refused alcohol?" he asked.

"Oh, it's nothing, I just.." you started.

"Are you afraid your husband will get mad?" he teased.

"Oh .. Jinyoung." You jumbled through your purse for your phone, but failed to find it. You remembered seeing last on your desk at work. Fortunately, the building was in the area. "Guys, sorry, but I have to go. See you tomorrow okay?" you said, giving them quick half hugs.

Mir waved and continued to drink while L.Joe watched you quickly walking out the door. He sighed and took a shot.

You quickly half jogged to the building and entered the double doors. You saw a familiar figure at the front desk. He turned around and saw you, he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Jinyoung, I'm sorry, I was out with co-workers and it slipped my mind th-"

"It's okay," he said, handing you your phone and giving you a meaningless kiss on the cheek, along with a forced smile.

He walked on to the car, this time not taking your hand. He opened the car door for you and closed it, but didn't say a single word throughout the entire drive. You could feel his disappointment and you felt tremendously guilty. The fact that he still acted like a gentleman made you feel even more guilty. He parked the car in the driveway and still not saying anything, unlocked your house door.

It had already been an hour but he still hadn't said anything. You both slipped into bed. Just before turning the lights out, he gave you a kiss on the forehead and said 'good night' but that was all.

You woke up the next morning to empty sheets. You checked your phone for the time and saw that it was 6AM. You still had an hour before work. There was a text from Jinyoung that read:

I'll be at the studio working for the day. I took a cab. You car's still at the auto shop so just take mine.

His dull message said it all. He was still upset and you had no idea how to approach him since he was giving you the cold shoulder. You got ready and drove yourself to work, missing him terribly. It was the first time you woke up with him gone, and it was your fault. At each turn you made, you heard something shuffling around in the backseat. Immediately after you parked the car, you went to go see what it was. You were surprised to see the bouquet of roses and a card. You read it and teared up.


A/N: Chapter 1! Sorry it took so long.. I've been a bit busy. Hopefully you guys will like this. I'm quite nervous to post it up, but I guess I have to. Oh, also, if any of you subscribe to One Hello, I will also update that this week! Sorry once again.

But on a better note, I'm seeing B1A4 this weekend! I can't even hide my excitement, omg.