Chapter 2

Accustomed to Fame II: The Years After

Just a little refresher since I know it's been a while: Jinyoung is ignoring Mi Hyun because she failed to inform him that she was going out. Mi Hyun discovered the card and flowers in the car.


"I'm home," Jinyoung said, closing the door. He didn't see that you were sitting quietly on the sofa with the flowers and card in hand. You held them up, eyes fixed on him. "Oh, those.." Before he could even finish, you already had your arms wrapped around him. 

"I'm so sorry," you said with a deep sadness.

After a brief hesitation, his hands began to caress your back, then gently cupped your face, and spoke softly. "Look at me." Your eyes met, and even after all these years, his gaze still made your heart race. "I said it was okay, and I meant it," he whispered, wiping a tear off your cheek. "I'm not mad."

"Don't lie," you said, looking away and wiping the remaining tears off your face. You were no longer in his embrace.

"I was just scared. I was scared that I'd lost you, that I'd lost our baby, and Mi Hyun, you know there's nothing for me if I don't have you. Thinking about that just made me.." he stopped. "I don't mind you going out. I just wish you'd tell me beforehand," he explained

"I know, I was just so surprised that Mir and Joe came back, that I kinda just forgot about everything and-"

"You were with Byung Hun?" he asked in a slightly vexed tone, eyebrows raised.

"Am I not allowed to?" you questioned.

He looked straight at you, and started, "You know how I feel about him being around y-"

Your voice was raising. "Don't you trust me at all?"

"I do, but it's him.. He might still have some feelings for you," he reasoned.

"That may be true, but does that mean I just throw him away? He's one of the few good friends I have left, and you know that. He was the one who stayed by my side when you-" you stopped and sighed.

"I thought we said we'd forget about that," he said, looking down.

"Let's just drop it, okay? I'm tired." You walked away to the bedroom and sat at the edge of the bed. He came in a few minutes later, catiously sitting beside you and taking your hand.

"I know it's not easy to forget what I did. I haven't forgotten either. Everytime I look at you, I feel bad. I know I can't take it back. I just don't know what to do. I just want you to be happy, but in the end, it's always me that's going to make you unhappy," he said, tracing circles on the back of your hand.

"Don't do anything. Just keep being you, and I'll be perfectly happy," you said, running your hand across his cheek.

He smiled, a little embarassed. He kissed you, and you kissed him back. He knew the proper spots, and his hands slid straight to them, and before you knew it, he had already switched the light off and both of you were under the covers.

 

"Hey, wake up," he said, gently shaking you. Your eyes opened slowly, and in front of you was Jinyoung already dressed.

"You going somehwere?" you asked.

"We're going out for a breakfast today, seeing how my cooking made you throw up.." he joked.

"It was morning sickness!" you exclaimed.

"I know, I'm teasing," he laughed. "Get ready, take your time," he said, giving you a quick kiss on the lips.

After you got ready, the two of you drove off. Jinyoung didn't tell you where you were going, but the roads were familiar. You just couldn't seem to remeber what it would lead to.

"We're here," he finally said. You looked up to see a house. His grandparents' house. Your eyes widened.

"Why didn't you tell me we were coming here? I didn't bring anything! Hurry up and go to a store really quickly!" you commanded. But it was too late. They were already at the door, waving excitedly at you.

"Don't worry," he said, opening the door, "I got it covered." He walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for you. He took your had and walked you over to the front door, already carrying a fruit basket.

A sigh of relief escaped your lips. His grandmother walked towards you and hugged you tightly.

"Oh, it's been so long Mi Hyun-ie!" she squealed. "Come quickly, I prepared food for you guys," she said, dragging you into the house.

"It's like I don't even exist to her anymore," Jinyoung said to his grandfather, laughing. He laughed along and led Jinyoung in.

"Grandma, you didn't have to make this much!" you said, gaping at all the various dishes on the table.

"It's not that much... Is it?" she laughed, sitting you down next to Jinyoung. She sat directly across from you gave you a look. She observed and smiled as you ate.

After the meal, you started to clean the table up, until she stopped you. "No, don't clean!" she said to you. "Jinyoung," she called out "come clean the table. Mi Hyun and I are gonna chat for a bit." She pulled you aside to the backyard, in the nice sunlight. She smiled at you and suddenly said, "You're pregnant."

"Wh- Grandma, how did you know?" you asked, amazed.

"I know it when I see it," she winked. "I'm happy for the both of you. It'll teach Jinyoung how to man up," she joked. You laughed.

 

"What should we do for the rest of the day?" Jinyoung asked as he drove you back home.

"I was thinking, we should tell everyone soon.. or today," you told him.

"Should we? Alright, well we can just ga-" Both of your phones suddenly recieved a text. It was a group message for everyone- B1A4, Apink, from Shinwoo. It had sort of been a tradition for everyone to be there for every announcement within the group, although you were surprised to see Mir and Byung Hun were sent the text as well. It was short and simple. You read it aloud for Jinyoung.

Dinner tonight? Hyo Jin and I have something to say.

You and Jinyoung looked at each other. "She can't be.." he said.

"You're thinking what I'm thinking right?" you asked.

 

You arrived early to the restaurant, so it was just the two of you until a few minutes later, Mir and Byung Hun came. The three men awkardly acknowledged each other, and you only hoped for other people to arrive and break the silence. Luckily for you, Sandeul and Eunji came. She and you chatted away while Sandeul made multiple attempts to get the three talking. One by one, the rest of them came, and finally, Hyo Jin and Shinwoo. Of course they had to be the last ones in.

"It'll be our treat," Hyo Jin said to everyone. "We'll wait until the end of the meal to say it, so everyone just enjoy." Shinwoo had his arm around her, pulling her in closer. "Stop it.." she giggled.

As you all ate, you noticed Naeun and Joe constantly glancing at each other when the other wasn't looking. She was sitting right beside you, so you gave her a quick nudge. You subtly said, "Hey, I see what's going on with the two of you."

She laughed nervously and sipped on her drink. "What..?" she asked. "It's not what you think.."

"Just start a conversation! He won't do it. Even though he doesn't look like it, he's really shy. Especially when it comes to girls. He's been looking at you this whole time too, so just go!" you said encouragingly.

Naeun searched for a reassuring look from you, and you gave it to her. Amazingly enough, their conversations flowed naturally and you felt proud.

Finally, when the meal was over, Hyo Jin asked for everyone's attention. Shinwoo held her hand as she said, "We're having a baby." Everyone gasped, cheered,  and hugged them. You and Jinyoung already expected it, so you looked at each other and laughed.

"Guys, guys, we don't mean to take the spotlight off of you, but since everyone's already here," you paused. "I'd like to say that we're having a baby too. We just found out a few days ago." 

You recieved the same reaction. You hugged your best friend and everyone started to take their phones out, all wanting a comemorative picture to keep. 

"Wow, is anyone else having a baby?" Baro asked, and all eyes turned to Sandeul and Eunji.

She laughed shyly and blushed, "Too early.." 

"What? You guys got married before us. I think now is the perfect time," you said to her, and winked.

"Maybe you're right unnie.." she chuckled.

"Why don't all of you girls come over to the house? I'm sure the guys wanna go out and celebrate on their own," you suggested.

"Should we?" Chorong asked, and you nodded. The guys all cheered, ready for some alcohol.

Jinyoung thought for a while. "You guys go ahead, I think I'll stay in tonight," he said.

You looked at him, then pulled him aside. "Excuse us for a moment," you said to everyone.

"What's wrong? Don't you wanna go out and have a good time with the guys?" you asked him.

He hesitated, then said "Well going out means drinking, and the last time I drank.." he trailed off.

It was difficult for you talk about, but you had to. "Look, that night, no matter how much we want to avoid it, it happened. You had way too much to handle, and I know that. But I can trust that you won't get carried away tonight. Just go, for me," you pleaded. "You deserve to have fun every now and then."

"Are you sure?" he asked, still indecisive.

"Positive. Take Mir oppa and Joe, and be nice to them," you warned.

"Alright then.."

Everyone drove to your house to drop all the girls off, then headed out. You all said your goodbyes and closed the door after them. 

 

"Back so soon?" Eunji asked. It was only 10:30 p.m.

You smiled when you saw Jinyoung, Mir, and Joe all talking and laughing. Suddenly Jinyoung and Mir were pushing Joe towards Naeun who was quietly sitting and watching a drama. You knew exactly what was going on. Somehow you managed to get everyone into another room, leaving the two in an awkward silence, sitting at opposite sides of them room. Naeun was to caught up in the show that she unaware that it was only the two of them left in the room. "Unnie, she started. "how do I-" When she looked back, she only saw L. Joe. "Where is everyone..?"

He shrugged, unable to say anything.

 

Since everyone was occupied, eavesdropping on the two, Jinyoung suggested that you took a walk with him outside. You agreed quickly and put a coat on. He took your hand and you began to walk around the neighborhood.

"I had fun tonight," he said to you.

"I know, I'm glad. Thank you for trying with Mir and Joe. It means a lot to me," you replied.

"Oh that," he laughed and scratched the back of his neck, "well they're not too bad, I guess."

You snickered at him. "I love you," you said, still laughing.

"I love me too," he said, immediately recieving a flick on the forehead from you.


A/N: Hey guys! It's been a while huh? Almost a month.. I truly apologize. Junior year isn't the easiest. But here it is~ Thank you for staying with me!