final

stranger in the friday evening

jungkook sighed. he really hated friday because his classes done at ing five pm and what he hated the most was the assignments. he expected university life would be easy but damn it, it was hard.

he sat on the bench in the university’s lobby with a super tired face together with his best friend, jimin. well, at least he got someone to accompany him until his hyung arrived to pick him up because he said he was going to be late.

“kookie, you should go home. it’s five pm already and i’m going home now.” jimin said with a big smile on his face and jungkook didn’t smile at all because, , now his best friend left him too and he had to wait for 30 minutes by himself.

“okay, be careful on the way.” he put on a fake smile to jimin and bid his goodbye for the latter.

 

 

 

 

it was ten minutes already since jimin gone but it felt like an hour already for jungkook. there was no one in the lobby and he needed someone to talk with while waiting for his brother. he really hated being alone like that. his best friend knew he didn’t like being alone but still he left jungkook for his boyfriend.

“jungkook, right?” a deep voice called his name and jungkook didn’t really sure who was that voice owner but he was sure he saw him a few times when he was still in high school.

“yeah, I’m jungkook.” he said. he remembered that stranger’s name all of a sudden when he looked at the stranger’s face for the second time. “taehyung, right?”

the stranger named taehyung grinned when his name came out from jungkook’s lips. He remembered. “yup, kim taehyung. do you remember when jimin introduce me to you when we were still in high school?”

jungkook gasped slightly and mentally slapped himself because he forgot that. taehyung was jimin’s crush when they were still in high school time. but jimin got a boyfriend after entering university, that yoongi sunbae. jungkook envied his best friend, of course. he wanted to have a boyfriend too.

“ah yeah, I remember.” jungkook showed him his an embarrassed smile and played with the strap of his backpack. he just didn’t used to talk with a stranger. he was always a good boy.

taehyung just chuckled lightly as he noticed how shy jungkook was, really. “anyway, what major that you took? i’m taking at information and technology major.”

“business management.” he answered with a slight smile formed on his face. he admitted he didn’t used to talk to a stranger but somehow he wanted to know more about this taehyung guy. at least this stranger could accompany him in the meantime.

“so it’s five pm past twenty minutes already.” taehyung said. “you should go home. A cute guy like you should go home early because many dangerous people out there.”

A bright red blush made its way to jungkook’s cheeks when the latter said he was cute. damn it. ‘the dangerous one is you.’. he cursed inside his mind.

“i’m waiting for my hyung to pick me up.” he replied, trying to ignore the blush that was resting on his cheeks. “he said he’s going to be late.”

“well, I’ll accompany you here until your hyung arrive. Is it okay?”

“yeah, it’s okay.” jungkook replied with a confidence smile this time and taehyung just thought that he looked cuter like that. “thank you… for accompanying me.”

taehyung encouraged himself to ruffled jungkook’s hair which was he did to show jungkook that he didn’t mind accompany him. jungkook was surprised by his action but well, taehyung just showed him his mischievous grin.

jungkook took a glance at his watch and it showed it was five pm past thirty minutes already but he still wanted to talk to this taehyung guy. he didn’t know why but this stranger was completely interesting at all. too bad he got a message from his hyung that he arrived already.

“taehyung, I have to go home now because my hyung is here already.” he pouted, feeling a little bit disappointed because his hyung arrived at somehow a wrong time. “see you, taehyung.”

“see you, jungkook.” taehyung waved his hand at jungkook with a smile until jungkook gone in his sight. he smiled widely as he remembered today’s conversation with jungkook. kim taehyung couldn’t wait for the next friday.

 

 

 

 

jungkook was alone again in another Friday evening. he was hoping taehyung would appear again so he wouldn’t be alone waiting for his hyung to pick him up.

“jungkook.” as expected, taehyung appeared when jungkook just thought about him.

“finally~” jungkook said with a big smile formed on his face.

taehyung raised his eyebrow when he heard finally but quickly grinned mischievously as he realized what jungkook targeted.

“finally? So you wait for me?” jungkook’s cheeks blushed a bright red when he got the idea that actually he expressed his happiness when taehyung appeared.

“n-no! it’s not like that!” jungkook gulped his saliva in nervousness as taehyung keep grinning like an idiot in front of him just to teased the latter. “whatever!”

“it’s okay! I want to meet you too!” taehyung ruffled the younger’s hair playfully – still with that idiotic grin. “so your hyung is gonna be late again?”

“yeah.”

taehyung happily sat beside jungkook and wrapped his arm around jungkook’s shoulders, pulling him closer. “hmm jungkookie, I want to ask something.”

“w-what is it?” jungkook felt more nervous because of taehyung’s attempting skinship.

taehyung handed him his phone still with a big idiotic grin formed on his face. “put your number there.”

jungkook input his number into taehyung’s phone and quickly handed his phone back. he couldn’t believe taehyung asked his number because he learned from jimin that taehyung was kind of a popular student in his faculty and all girls in the university were trying to catch his heart. his feelings were mixed once again.

“i’m gonna save your number as kookie!” the elder giggled happily as he called jungkook’s number. jungkook startled in surprised when his phone rang and vibrated on his lap because his mind was still clouded with taehyung, his handsome face, his weirdness and everything about him. he hated himself for being a person who easily fell in love.

“save my number as taetae, okay?”

 

 

 

 

too bad his hyung arrived earlier at the campus and jungkook had to leave taehyung even though he still wanted to talk to the elder (he wouldn’t admit it!). taehyung also said he would contact jungkook tonight and jungkook felt giddy.

he knew he was going to fall in love with the quirky stranger named kim taehyung but not this fast! with all those skinships, it was harder for jungkook not to fell in love with him. the way taehyung said that he was cute, the way taehyung ruffled his hair, the way taehyung asked his number, the way taehyung said that he would contact him. it was totally hard for jungkook not to fell in love so easily with taehyung. and in addition, his handsome face and deep voice making jungkook fell even deeper for taehyung. jimin was going to about this – screw you, jiminnie!

jungkook checked his phone with a thumping heart and he received one katalk message under a name – taetae. finally!

 

 

 

 

taehyung jumped around on his bed like a crazy guy – with those fancy kicks onto his blanket because of the nervousness as he pressed send to jungkook’s katalk. he admitted he always like jungkook since their high school day but he didn’t have a gut to talk to jungkook, so that was why he asked jimin to introduce jungkook to him. but as he got popular at the university, he gained a confidence to approach jungkook at that friday evening and acted all greasy in front of the latter. damn, he did it and jungkook just fell for him so easily like that. finally!

he jumped in surprise when he heard the katalk! ringtone from his phone. he quickly opened the message from kookie with a nervous feeling.

hi too, taehyung! was jungkook’s answer for his hi jungkookie!. he tried to calm himself down first and thought what question that he should ask to jungkook. “hmm…wassup?” he mumbled. “ah it’s too plain!”

he sighed, didn’t know what to reply and making jungkook waited with his hi too, taehyung!. the yellow 1 sign already gone but of course jungkook would think that he didn’t want to reply him anymore. No, he didn’t want jungkook to think such a thing like that!

“when is your birthday?” taehyung mumbled again as he typed that into his phone and also sending him that peach character sticker to jungkook. right, in order to become jungkook’s lover, he had to know when jungkook’s birthday was.

it's september 1st 1997, how about you? alongside with a smiley emoticon too. that was jungkook’s reply to taehyung.

“it’s december 30th. i'm two years older than you!” taehyung giggled like a high school girl as he typed that to reply jungkook without hesitation.

he lied down on his messy bed again while kicking his blanket slightly to hide his nervousness. he thought what he should ask again to jungkook. “maybe classes schedule?”

his phone rang again with a loud katalk!, making he jumped in surprise again. ‘why jungkookie replied so fast?!’ he cursed inside his mind because jungkook didn’t give him a time to breath in relief as he done pressing send to jungkook’s katalk.

taehyung grinned like an idiot when he read jungkook’s replied which was like this; oh I’m so sorry for calling you taehyung! i’ll call you hyung from now on! with a crying brown dog sticker sent too.

so tell me your classes schedule, i want to meet you not only in the friday too!; that was taehyung’s message to kookie. he didn’t know how but somehow he turned into a greasy and quirky guy again with an idiotic grin plastered on his handsome face.

“i have morning classes on monday, wednesday and thursday also afternoon class on friday. I don’t have any classes on tuesday. how about you hyung?” taehyung read jungkook’s message loudly and ended up with a pout on his face because he had afternoon classes on monday and tuesday but he didn’t have any classes on wednesday and thursday. his schedule was really mismatch with jungkook.

he took a glance at the hanging clock on his wall and it showed it was already eleven pm past fifteen minutes. not that late but there was a possibility jungkook felt sleepy already. afternoon classes was always tiring, taehyung knew that.

taehyung checked his phone again and jungkook replied with too bad, hyung! D: our schedule is really different! anyway I’m sleepy hyung! and a sleeping peach character sticker. he wanted to talk more to jungkook but he didn’t want the younger to stay up until midnight too because of him.

okay then c: anyway i have something to say to you on friday so wait for me, okay? C:

with that, taehyung replied to kookie and decided to confess his feelings to jungkook on the friday evening. at least he got a week to prepare his heart and the sweetest love confession to jungkook. yeah, a week was enough for the popular guy, kim taehyung.

“okay then, hyung. good night hyung!” taehyung read jungkook’s message silently then sighed. he wondered if a week was really enough for him to prepare everything to confess to jungkook? he didn’t know exactly.

he replied with good night, jungkookie! sleep well but the yellow 1 sign won’t disappear and he knew that jungkook slept already, leaving him like this. “good night, jungkookie.”

 

 

 

 

the awaited friday finally came and jungkook couldn’t help but felt anxious because taehyung said he had something to say to him.

‘is he gonna confess to me?’ he thought but his face quickly flushed red at the thought.

“hey it’s no way~” he laughed uneasily to himself, not realizing that taehyung already sat beside him.

“no way what?” taehyung’s deep voice startled jungkook and when he noticed taehyung, his cheeks were blushing again. He blushed a lot, especially when taehyung was around.

“n-no hyung! ugh… no, nothing!” jungkook flashed him a very nervous smile, hoping taehyung would just let it slide this time.

taehyung just chuckled lightly at the younger’s nervousness because he thought it was silly, really silly. jungkook pouted childishly when taehyung chuckled at him. ‘it’s not funny, taetae hyung!’

“don’t pout!” taehyung pokes jungkook’s pouty lips, making the younger blushed again for the nth time. “anyway, you remember when jimin introduced you to me?”

“yeah, I remember it.”

“honestly, it was me who asked jimin to introduce you to me.” taehyung explained. jungkook looked quite shocked a bit. all this time, he thought jimin introduced taehyung to him because jimin wanted him to know who his crush was. he was wrong.

“w-why hyung?”

“it’s because……” taehyung took a deep breath to calm himself down. “i like you. i like you, jeon jungkook, since high school.”

jungkook looked a little lost when he heard taehyung’s confession. he didn’t expect that taehyung already like him since high school. but his best friend liked taehyung too at that time. jungkook looked more shocked when he realize about that certain love-triangle between him, taehyung and jimin.

“but jiminnie liked you, hyung.”

“well, he has yoongi sunbae now.” taehyung just blatantly said the true fact with no expression, like he didn’t care with jimin’s feeling. of course he felt bad because of that, but the past was the past. “of course I feel sorry too, kookie. but I like you, really. so, be mine?”

jungkook leaned closer to taehyung and shyly pecked the elder’s lips then ended up with a crimson red face and embarrassed smile – but taehyung thought it was cute – “i’m yours.”


a/n;

finally! finally it's done!

and this is based on my true story where my schoolmate who went to the same high school with me ended up with me studying together in one university and he waited for me until my dad picked me up. it was around five pm in the evening too anyway!

once again, happy birthday rin!