Knight in a Mask

Lucky Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I'll accompany her there until you arrive miss CL-shi!"

 

 

Yes... those words came out of my mouth. Dara finished her call before turning back to me again.

 

 

"Are you sure its okay? I don't want to impose..." She said as she looked at me. I swallowed before nodding.

 

 

She smiled and I knew I made the right decision -  I even thought I would do a lot more for her if she continues to smile at me like that. Wait....

 

 

I shook my head trying to calm my inner fanboy and took deep breathes.

 

 

 

In... out... in .... out...

 

 

 

"We're here..." the Ajusshi said before the taxi took a turn towards the Emergency area. I quickly rummage in my bag and offered the shades to her.

 

 

 

"Dara-shi... y-you should wear this too." quit stammering you dolt, I thought to myself.

 

 

She reached for the glasses , muttered "thanks" before placing it on. The Taxi stopped and I saw her start opening her door.

 

 

 

I knew I can't let her walk... I spotted a wheelchair near the automatic doors and quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the taxi.

 

 

 

 

But instead of going for the wheelchairs...

 

 

 

I went to her side opening the door fully for her. She stepped out with obvious wonder on her face when I bowed quickly before taking her up in my arms - bridal style.

 

 

 

"Waah..." she squeek in surprise as she hold grabbed of my shoulders. She is so light I felt I didn't need to put effort in carrying her. I bowed a little to peek atMr. Ajusshi.

 

 

 

"Ajusshi, I'll be back so keep your meter running." He noded.

 

 

"Ok, be well Miss Dara." he said to her.

 

 

"Thank you Mister." she answered with a small bow then I stood up straight.

 

 

I was confidently walking when she suddenly said.

 

 

"There is a wheelchair there you know... " I looked at her and even if I can't see her eyes I knew she was teasing because the corners of seems to be going up.

 

 

 

I quickly thought of an answer.

 

 

 

"Someone might need it more than us, and honestly you feel so light I don't really mind." I smiled and she finally smiled too.

 

 

 

"Show-off..." she muttered teasingly.

 

 

"Just being honest..." I answered back. "... and practical."

 

 

"Okay..." she answered before looking towards the ER.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as we entered. Everything seem to still...

 

 

Every face - doctor's, nurse's and patients alike.- turned towards us.

 

 

 

 

"! are we discovered?" I thought.

 

 

 

but when I looked at Dara - with her hoodie covering her head and shades , and then I remembered my mask too - I knew we deserved the looks.

 

 

 

We either look like hoodlums about to rob a hospital, or just plain crazy people.

 

 

 

''We need help over here" I said out loud before bowing. That seemed to do the trick and some went to assist us.

 

 

 

 

She was brought to an examination room and I was asked to wait outside the room.

 

 

 

 

I was tapping my feet on the floor absentmindedly when my phone rang.

 

 

 

It was an unregistered number but thinking it was CL I quickly answered it.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Mister this is CL, we're outside the ER, where are you two?" I was right.

 

 

"CL-shi, we're at examination room 202. The doctor is currently ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter