The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life

Doppelganger
the first day of the rest of my life
chapter 6

Don’t stay for too long! We have things to arrange and meetings to attend. Siyeon’s reminder echoed in my mind when I arrived at a small set, pulling off my scarf and opening my black coat.

Staff members greeted me and I bowed politely when a blond haired boy ran my way, hugging me tightly. “Noona!” he screamed. “I haven’t seen you in so long! So long, almost as if you changed completely!” the energetic boy stared at me and I panicked a bit, gulping. “Oh-oh really, Youngjae? I did?”

“But you’re still beautiful!” after his reply, Bambam appeared to have spotted the intruder as well. “Yura!” he as well, sprinted up to me, but bowed minimally before hugging me. “Jaebum is behind that room, he’s still shooting. Jackson, Youngjae and I are done already, the rest is to come! Just follow me.” I nodded and trotted behind silently. Bambam noticed the small gift in my hands and pointed at it. “Hey, it’s for Jaebum, right? What is it?”

I only wiggled my finger at him. “It’s for him, not for you.”

“Must be a new load of condoms – “

I hit Youngjae hard until he whimpered, staring at him. “You provoked it, sorry, not sorry.”

Right then a tall figure bumped into me, making me fall, but he caught me just in time. “Watch it, girl. Do you want to get hurt?”

“We’ll go.” Bambam and Youngjae muttered before running off, laughing. I stared up into the eyes of Jaebum, sparkling with joy and affinity, while I felt nauseous suddenly, holding the box tightly in my hands as if I wanted to break it. Both of us straightened up when he attacked me with a warm bear hug, thanks to the big, fluffy pullover he wore. Slowly he breathed into my hair, squeezing me even tighter. “I-I missed you so much. And suddenly you’re here.” He ended the hug and looked into my eyes again, his smile reaching his ears. Jaebum caressed both of my cheeks and exhaled happily. “I won’t let you go today.”

His words sounded so sincere that even I started to smile whole-heartedly. Is this how it feels to be loved generously? Jaebum quickly leaned in and stole a kiss from me before I could properly react.

He snuggled his nose against mine and sighed in content. “Everything is alright again.”

I chuckled along. “Very alright.” He kissed my forehead before laying his arms loosely around me. I jumped a bit before pulling away. “Wait, wait, I almost forgot it! Your Christmas-Birthday-gift!” I stretched it his way and he blinked at the small box with flower gift wrap. I shrugged shortly. “Sorry for this weird paper, I only found this and I was already late – “

He pecked my lips shortly. “It’s okay, it’s okay! What is inside is important, right?” Jaebum glanced at me sideways before taking the gift into his hands, carefully opening it.

“Please, just open it! I want to see if it’s alright!” I tugged on his pullover, but he decided to laugh at me instead and continue to tease me. He finally came to core of the gift, a black, shiny box. I bit my lips and fixed my eyes at his face to see his expression turning from a frown into a happy and grateful smile.

Jaebum looked up from the box. “A Rolex, a brand new Rolex! Baby, this is too much, this must’ve been so expensive!”

“Nothing’s too much for my love.” I tilted my head while he shook his, aiming for a kiss when one of GOT7’s staff members tapped on Jaebum’s shoulder. “Your make-up needs to be fixed once more and then the shooting has to continue, the group shoots are ahead as well.”

“Two more minutes!” Jaebum begged carelessly and I stared at him who sounded more desperate than ever. The elder man just put up his hands in innocent. “I just got it told, you really need to come.” Jaebum groaned, but his attention fell back on me. “Baby, okay, listen. I’ll try to come see you in your apartment the next days. Just send a message or I’ll do so, but now we really got to continue promot – “

“Im Jaebum!” 

Before he turned around he gave me a slow kiss, but I pulled him back again. “Just a second! Do you know what Mark likes?” He grinned at my kindness, as if he knew, and nodded at me, saying just one word.

□ □ ■ □ □

Gyuri pushed my face softly to the left while a woman with a headset just passed me; luckily I was still able to tap her arm. She turned around and faced me curiously.

“Excuse me, what’s the exact time for the show to start?” I quietly ask and she checked the tablet in her hands. “Sixteen minutes and forty-three seconds. You have enough time; your make-up is all done as I see.” The manager of the show, Kwon Doyeon, nodded with a smile and left the scene hurriedly. I exhaled and stood up, thanking Gyuri. “I have things to do!” I saluted with two fingers and grabbed a red, small bag before I headed out the door. I landed on a small corridor and looked to the left, two doors across the corridor was another room like mine I looked for and smiled, entering.

“- Yes, very nice, thank you!” Mark just stood up and almost bumped into me. “Yura? What are you doing here, why aren’t you in the studio yet?“ I shoved the red bag into his chest with a tilt of my head. “There you go, Sir. I told you I would get something for you.” A smile brightly hit his face. “No, you’re joking, right?”

I rolled my eyes. “God damn it, boy, just open it!” Mark simply glanced into the glittery, paper bag, but soon his face turned my way again. “We only have like, fifteen minutes to go!”

“Yeah, better open it now.” I threw him a cocky smile. He just shook his head and took out the messily-looking, flat gift. “Very pretty.” He looked up and I shrugged. “Don’t judge me. I’m not good at wrapping gifts. But now, just open it; it’s important what’s inside!” I held my chest, winking, Mark just laughed, ripping off the paper. "You kind of sound like our leader." His mouth fell ajar and he just let out a brief breath, staring at me. “H-how do you know?! Only Jackson and Jaebum know that I love that movie!”

I grinned happily with my teeth even showing. “I’m happy you’re that ecstatic about it! I asked Jaebum and he said you wanted it for your birthday, but it wasn’t out back then on DVD. Well, I hope you can finally enjoy X-Men: Days Of Future Past!”

Mark shook his entire body for a second before hugging me. “No, really, thank you so much! I haven’t got time to watch that movie at all! And now I can watch it whenever I got time!” he let go and stuck out his tongue hastily, putting the DVD back into the bag and laying it down on a small couch in the corner. “I can’t wait to get more free time and watch this!”

I entwined my fingers and pointed with my head the door’s way. “I guess, we should go and broadcast a world-wide show.”

Mark stretched out a finger and nodded. “After that great gift, I can totally go for it!”

My smile reached my eyes and I went out the door first, Mark following me closely behind.

A fragile woman with a headset, as well, received a clipboard she looked through herself and two piles of card she gave the two of us. “The final rehearsal an hour ago was almost perfect; remember what Doyeon told you to do and what not. Good luck!” she grinned and left backstage while we stood at the end of our small studio, in front of the camera.

I nodded at the small notes on the paper and looked into the camera, gulping.

“Four minutes to go, everyone!” Doyeon screamed and sat down on a chair next to the main camera, the one we looked at right now. A sudden shoulder from the left made me startle and Mark looked at me, blinking. “Don’t tell me you’re nervous. Nervous in front of a camera?” I stuttered for a long time before my spitted out letters became words. “Well, it’s a show, okay? I haven’t been doing a show yet, that’s something new!”

Mark shook his head. “Hey, we can do it! The rehearsal was so great! It will be the same, just now, the red light on the cameras are switched on. I remember we, and especially you, practiced it, I believe in you!” he cheered and I nodded, grinning slowly. “Thanks, Mark.”

We spent the last few moments for some small talk to ease the atmosphere when the set fell silent and the only one screaming was Doyeon. “Okay, the show is on in five, four, three, two – “

She pointed at us and I smiled into the blinking camera. “Hello and welcome everyone to the first episode of our brand new show called For Goods featuring your idols and your questions!”

“I’m Mark Tuan.” He said charismatically with a wink, me looking over at him when he did the same. I stared back into the camera with a small eye smile. “And I’m Joo Yura.”

“Our guests today are BtoB and I hope you all will anticipate our first theme, introduction, with them and – we’ll see you in a second!” Mark struck a gun-pose at the camera when Doyeon stood up for a moment. “Intro ahead, go to your seats!”

The two of us were already on our way when she solely said the first word and Mark grinned at me widely. “I think you did great!”

“And I think, you did great!” I gave a smile back and exhaled loudly, pouting. “Now, I’m extra excited!”

“Five, four, three, two – “ Doyeon yelled once more and Mark was the first one to speak this time. “So, guys, I hope you’re ready for the oh-so fly BtoB!” the whole band came walking in with ecstatic smiles and hyper behavior, making their small introduction without any flaws before sitting down.

We greeted them noisily when Mark looked into the camera again after checking up on his notes. “Alright, if you all didn’t catch up on our official twitter and facebook site, two weeks in a row we’ll have one theme for the show. You, the fans, give us questions fitting with the theme about the idol featuring and we’ll try our best to put it in, as well as small tasks or games to play surrounding the theme. The first one is introduction, a beginning. As well as next week’s theme to bring in some charm into the start of this show.” When Mark was finished I greeted BtoB one more time before translating his part into Korean, speaking to both, the camera and our guests.

□ □ ■ □ □

All of us laughed and I sighed gloomily. “And that’s sad because our time is over by now.”

Mark nodded repeatedly, looking into another camera and speaking in English. “You can leave your thoughts about our first episode on our official sites. We’ll display the links at the very end of the show. Also, our next guest will be announced by tomorrow 7pm KST. So keep an eye on our sites!”

“Then we’ll see us again next week, same time, and hopefully, you won’t leave us – “

For Goods.” Mark ended my sentence with a sly smile and grinned, waving into the camera. “Bye!”

I did the same and after some seconds Doyeon ended the scene, jumping out of her chair. “Fantastic guys, it was great!”

Even I made small leap out of joy and clapped my hands, looking at Mark and talking in English. “We did it! We managed it!”

“I know, you’ve been great!” Mark claimed and I cupped my cheeks in excitement, glancing BtoB’s way. “Oh, let’s not forget our awesome guest this evening!” Peniel stood up and kissed my knuckles, staring into my eyes jokingly. “Oh, and I already know that I’m great!”

We all laughed and left the set, going backstage. I fixed the left side of my hair, looking into a small mirror on our way to our changing rooms. “What are you going to do tonight, Mark?”

“Me?” he pointed at himself, “Uhm, going into the dorm, probably taking a shower and hopping into bed, we’ll have a day off.” Mark just smiled dazedly and I laughed. “Nothing more? Wow, I’m so going to toss some alcohol down, I swear to god, I’ll be celebrating this sh – “

“Hopefully with me.” A big shadow hovered over me and Jaebum stood there with a wide smile and a small bouquet of roses. “O-oh, Jaebum, what are you doing here?” he just shrugged and held the roses my way to take them. I did so and he gave me chaste kiss. “You were amazing, baby. I watched you; I was even on the set while you guys were in the studio. I watched you with bliss, you were doing so great.”

I smelled the roses and smiled, pulling him into my changing room. “I’ll just put off some of my make-up and then – “

“ – I’ll come with you.” He looked at me through the reflection and I turned around after sitting down. “What do you mean?” He kneeled down next to me and rested his arms on the chair, still facing me through the mirror. “Guess who got a day off.”

“Mark!” I held up my pointer finger and laughed, cupping my mouth. “I’m just kidding. So, you two? Or all of GOT7?”

Jaebum straightened up and walked around the small space of room left. “Four of us, Youngjae, Bambam and Jackson will be off to a shoot tomorrow. Poor guys.” I nodded and took out my phone. “Open for an after-show-instagram post?”

Jaebum showed an extra hard eyebrow-game combined with a cute pout while I winked, holding up one fist. I quickly took the photo and looked at it. “Looks great! I’ll upload it!”

I added filters and a caption before continuing to scrape off the massive load of make-up on my face. Okay, so that’s why everybody looks so good on TV.

□ □ ■ □ □

Jaebum closed the door for me silently and carefully. “Of course, he’s the best! Sungjae and Peniel are a dream team at times!”

“Yes, at times.” I laughed and put off my coat, hanging it onto the small coat-rack. Jaebum smiled and walked backwards, almost stumbling over the table in front of the couch at Yura’s apartment. “Go sit down and I’ll get something for us.” I grinned and heard Jaebum opening a cupboard. He roamed a bit before he heaved a long sigh. “You and your champagne obsession. You never have something else there for me. I know you don’t like harder things, but I’m your boyfriend. Can’t you buy something for your boyfriend; I pretty much live here sometimes.”

Yura can’t handle more alcohol than champagne? Well, alrighty then. I bit my lips, rolled my eyes and turned around to peek over to Jaebum. He stood there in the middle of the kitchen, most probably thinking and I smiled broadly, remembering the times I stood in front of these shelves and cupboards, thinking about where all those things could be placed.

Jaebum snapped his fingers and walked over to the left side of the kitchen. I turned around again and hugged my knees, but let go of them quickly. I gulped and scratched my nose nervously as I thought about the whole situation right now. I haven’t eaten that much, a sip of beer could knock me out just like that. What in the name of God would champagne do to me then?

“Babe?” he asked uneasily and I glanced at him. “Huh?” I shook it off and he sat down next to me while I turned the TV on.

Jaebum laid down a bag of popcorn, two glasses and a fancy bottle of champagne before snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me close. “Are you alright?” He kissed my cheek and I reddened, shaking my head. “The first show is over now and I got really tired and I’m just really out of my mind.”

He snuggled against me and held me tighter. “I’m just happy we finally have some lone time. It was such a long time.”

I nodded when he suddenly backed away and filled the beautiful glasses with the yellow liquid. It continued to fizz and he gave one over to me, I thanked him shortly and nipped on it. I inhaled and closed my eyes. It’s so disgusting; she really hasn’t got vodka, has she?

“I see how you’re enjoying it. You have another bottle, just if you wonder.” Jaebum laughed and I hit him shortly. “You want to get me drunk.”

He shrugged carelessly, smiling in daze, and approached me even more. “What if?” I chuckled and we locked eyes for what seemed to be eternity.

There he was, a boyfriend I had to fool. Do I really look that much like Yura that even the love of her life didn’t find any differences or flaws of mine? His eyes literally borne into my soul and remained there until he closed his eyes and softly sealed his lips with mine. It was a lagging yet amazingly lovable kiss, and I felt bad to not let Jaebum know that I wasn’t the girlfriend of his. His lips danced freely with those of a total stranger, more or less.

The bad thing to think about - right now I had what thousands of girls would kill for. A beautiful and handsome oppa hanging on my lips, nibbling here and there, deepening it the longer we kissed and I - I even fell for his pleasurable, winsome pair of lips at that moment. I hoped this was part of my duty, this was something I hadn’t been doing in years.

Experiencing to be loved whole-heartedly.

□ □ ■ □ □

“I will! In a second!” I screamed from the bottom of my lungs and groaned, holding my back in pain. “What a er.” I mumbled when I heard my mom calling for me once more. “Just come downstairs, Sungah is here already!” I locked my tablet, grabbed both of my cellphones and made a loose bun into my hair, hopping downstairs.

My mother was having small talk with my best friend before she faced me. “So, I’ll be home by seven again, make sure to wash the dishes. – “

“I can’t, I don’t have time, I’ll leave at 4pm. Siyeon is planning something and I have to attend this. Sungah will also just stay for this hour now.” I cupped my hands and she opened the door. “You’ll have time to wash the dishes, just do it.”

I sighed loudly. “Mom, I can’t!” she shut the door so heavily, I felt it in my feet and Sungah gritted her teeth and showed them, but closed with a duck face on. “Alright, your mom’s not okay with some things.”

“She never is, I’m gone all day and the second I come home she starts to with me! What is this?! I’m bringing home plenty of bucks a week and all she does is criticizing me. I know that she only allowed me to do all of this because she needs money, I just know that!”

Sungah patted my shoulder once she had put off her shoes meanwhile I walked into my living room and fell down with my stomach first on my longest couch. I dropped my left hand on the ground and motioned her to sit down. “But you’re not here to have me listing off the my mother does to me lately. So, your anniversary with Taehyun was yesterday? Tell me more.”

She grinned and inhaled; obviously happy I wanted to hear about her special day. “So, I came from work and there lied a huge bouquet of tulips on my bed with a letter that read ‘Dress prettily, I’ll pick you up at 8pm, don’t be late’. I did as told and we went to some really noble and classy restaurant, it was like a fairytale. When it was time to go we were just walking down a long road, not the normal route I would have taken, but there was a beautiful sight somewhere close to the Han River and – damn, it was great! Then we came home and pretty much did what we always do.”

“No details, ew, please.” I closed my eyes for a moment, but Sungah laughed loudly. “You know me too well! So, what did you do yesterday, I’ve seen your show, by the way! You were so great, your English is awesome!” she complimented me, but I shook it off with a simple shrug. I laid my right side of my head down on my sofa and sniffed, playing with our carpet’s long fuzz. “I ed with a celebrity.”

Sungah folded her arms and leaned back, looking angrier than ever. “What did you do? Did you curse at someone? Did you get into trouble? – “

I lifted my body a bit, exhaling shortly. “No, literally – I ed with a celebrity.”

“Im Jae – “

“ – Bum. Yes.” I finished her sentence and buried my face into couch.

“You seriously did not – “ she cupped and threw a pillow at me. “You dirty little bait! You’ve done her job well, I hope! No, no, no, first things first! How is Leader JB in bed? Please, I really want to know! He’s also my bias, not only yours!” she laughed and I straightened up, still covering my blushing ears and cheeks. “I was fairly drunk, if I may say. We had champagne and I had like, one or two pieces of bread in the morning. And what bias, you swoon over Jinyoung the entire time.”

She clicked her tongue and moved an inch closer. “Don’t change the topic! Tell me some more!” I blew air into my cheeks and cupped my knees. “It-it started off with some kisses, you know, and he just – I haven’t had a boyfriend in at least four years an – “

Sungah stretched out her arms for me to stop. “Are you trying to tell me something like, you are falling for him?!” I held my forehead. “No, really, not! But I haven’t been touched by a guy in such a lovely way. He treats me – or rather Yura – like a fragile doll. He’s so sweet and adorable; I wish I had a boyfriend like that!” I looked down as my best friend shook her head, sighing. “I really have to get you a boyfriend. You are an accurate picture of misery, you are practically wilting, and you are eighteen, we have to get you a man.”

I looked up with a smile. “A humorous guy.”

“Of course.” She pointed at me, winking, when I held up another finger. “One with a cute eye smile.”

“Yes, exactly!”

“And he must treat me like I’m his only princess!”

“That’s out of question, girl.”

“Oh, and one with the purest heart out there!”

“I’ll make sure to search for one next week!” Sungah and I both cracked up, but deep in my head, I pictured myself with a guy, walking down a beautiful path, laughing, holding hands and just being sincerely loved. My mind tried to think of a perfect man, but nothing helped to picture the perfect face that I wanted to look at for the rest of my life.

Author's
NOTE
Jaebum is so bae, can we all agree on this fact? I have strong Jaebum feels lately ♥_♥
If there are mistakes, i will look over it some time later, it's almost 12pm here :x
enjoy & subscribe! ♥
xoxo,
the cucumber °3°)~