Studying

Doppelganger
studying
chapter 3

My phone buzzed twice and I unlocked it while walking down the stairs. It was a voice message from my best friend.

"Taehyun pretty much dropped his phone today and went to some store to get a new one. As you know he really needed a new one anyways, well, what I wanted to ask, are you free today?"

I sighed and pressed the button to record a new voice message.

“Hey, bae. Today’s kinda uh – not good. I also have something to do. I will call you once I’m free because...I’ll just call you, okay?“

It took a moment to load and soon I found her sending one back again when I heard a car halting in front of our house.

Seungah’s message started with a sigh. “We are even in the same classes and yet we do less and less together. I really miss you, sweetie!“ The doorbell rang and I glanced its way. “So, there’s really weird going on, but I’ll tell you soon. I’ll keep texting you, but right now I need to talk to some people. Maybe I’ll have less free time in the next weeks or – dude, I’ll talk to your later.“

I locked my phone and opened the door with Siyeon right in front of me. She started to hug me tightly, whispering into my ear. “Thank you, really.“

She took a step back and looked around our house. “Is your mother home? She can accompany us and take a look at some things. She can’t stay for too lon – “

“She’s working.“ I interrupted her and rubbed my neck, “She told me not to do with you guys and be polite and cooperative and well - should I come with you?“

Siyeon nodded with a soft smile. “Yes, that’s what I came for. I have a driver for the two us with me. And if you have any questions regarding this, don’t hesitate to ask, but let’s do it later in the company.“

□ □ ■ □ □

The car ride felt a bit off. We drove through many other ways - cutoffs, as well as roads that took a lot more time - and instead of twenty minutes, like she told me afterwards, the ride took almost forty-five minutes. 

Siyeon pointed at a large building at the end of the street. The name was in capital letters, a font similar to JYP Entertainment and YG Entertainment while the name read "Goody" with two points on each sides of the word.

"That's the Goody building, it's pretty, isn't it?" I just nodded and studied the building closely.

The nearer we came the more I noticed. The roof top was implemented with solar cells and it looked somewhat angular and modern with the salient cells, making it seem like a second roof you could hide under. The big windows as well as the white, light creamy color made it appear welcoming, and huge most of all, what it was, indeed. Two buildings belonged to Goody, that was what I supposed since the building behind the first one looked similar do it.

"Okay," Siyeon spoke up before looking at the front of the company, I followed her gaze and saw some people in front of it, "those are fans of Joo Yura as well as some people from the press to publish your current status. I will go out first, close the door again and talk a bit, Since the windows are tinted you just wait and some men are going to help you to get out and steady you. You will go inside and I will follow you. Then we enter a room, I will lead you to it, of course, and then we talk about things. The others outside will be gone by this time and you can walk around freely, just be very careful near windows and the entrance floor. Other than that, welcome, sweetheart." she opened the door, while looking back, whispering.. "Sweetie, put your hoodie over your head, you still have brown hair!"I nodded and did as told.

The press hurried over to her and screamed her way.

"How is her status?!"

"When will she be able to perform in front of the camera again?!"

"Will she be continuously treated or will she remain in her apartment?! Please tell us more about her injuries!"

Siyeon was able to calm them down in no time and I could understand almost everything she said. "I will give out a statement. Alright, she has some major injures in her calves, but her other limbs are alright. Her face has still some scratches. Her condition is so stable that she is able to come to Goody Entertainment to prepare a bit for our new show 'For Goods'. Later this day, most probably at night, she will go back to the hospital for treatment. Other questions?"

The next lines of the press and Siyeon were inaudible; they talked in zig-zag order. As well as the crowd surrounding Park Siyeon I noticed girls and boys screaming from the back.

"Yura unnie, stay healthy! Take care, please recover quickly!", "You still shine like a diamond!" or "I came from America just to support you again!" was thrown my way and I snickered when two men suddenly opened the door, holding out their hands. I pulled the hood further into my face and took one man's hand, the other one supported my back and as carefully as possible they dragged me out of the car.

My name got shouted from every corner possible and Siyeon walked towards me. "Be careful, be careful!" I heard her screaming over to the people around us while she also helped me getting inside the building.

I looked at the ground the entire time when I found myself gazing at a marble floor. My eyes took in the entrance floor and Siyeon patted my back softly. "Into the elevator." the men still followed us into the elevator, only then I noticed how young they were. The blonde male looked at me first, smiling. "Wow, you look exactly like Yura noona."

I widened my eyes at the word "noona" and he blinked at me innocently. "What?"

"Joo Yura is your noona?! How old are you?" they looked at each other. The other one, almost shoulder length locks, dark brown, started. "Kim Sangmin."

"I'm Kim Donghyun. We're cousins, my cousin is very good at singing while I am trying to become a world famous model. Almost like Yura noona. we're both eighteen." I nodded with a smile. "Alrighty, I'm eighteen, too. I'm just not to type to be called noona or dongsaeng or call my boyfriend oppa or - I think you got what I wanted to say. I'm still very insecure about everything here."

The four of us exited the elevator, Donghyun and Sangmin waving to us. "I guess, we're going to see us some time later!" Sangmin turned around and I smiled at Siyeon. "Very nice guys."

"We are a big family, we respect and love each other. But now, please follow me. There's a room with a lot of computers, laptops and tablets and that's where the real work will start." Siyeon smiled evilly and I held my head in pain. "And it's just like, past 4pm..."

She closed some curtains in the back and a laptop with a big screen. "Alright, hon, look here. We've made a playlist in a file with videos of press conferences and attendances Yura - well -  attended. She has some habits and behaviors, mentally and physically you have to learn and when in sight, play off. Those...are videos we thought could help you the best." she hovered over them before she sat on the other side. I looked at some videos when I noticed the amount of time that was in this file. "There stands...30 hours and 36 minutes. Please tell me you're kidding!"

"Yes, you are going to watch everything, no buts." Siyeon folded her arms firmly and I leaned back in the comfy chair. "Can I get some back-up information at least, so I just know a bit?" Siyeon nodded as a reply before she took out a tablet. "We've even prepared this. I'll tell you some things about her, if you have questions, ask me after the 'presentation'."

She unlocked the tablet, but looked at me. "Let's start at the beginning. Joo Yura was born in Busan. Her parents still speak Busan dialect, while she has none, they moved to Seoul when she turned two, just a year later they went to New York because of her father's job and stayed there until she was fifteen. She was born on February 6th, 1993. So, I guess she's three years older than you, right?"

I nodded and she continued confidently. "When Yura was a child she wanted to become a model, princess or singer. She found a small obsession in designing when she turned older, around the age of nine to fourteen. She gave up on it soon though. At the age of sixteen she got caught by a model agent. Her eyes were perfect for a project he was starting. The rest is history. We also have some videos and photos of her past appearances, by the way. Well, her parents divorced when she was fifteen and only her mother remained in Seoul. Her father went back to Busan, he died when she was almost seventeen and when she was shining brighter in the new life of hers her mother also returned to Busan because she didn't approve of how she turned out to be famous and most of all, a model. Those are her parents." Siyeon turned her tablet around and I looked at two photos. One at the top, one at the bottom. One showed them smiling, one with a natural face expression.

"In your role, you will have a boyfriend. Im Jaebum, JB of GOT7. Do you know him?" I nodded eagerly. "I know that he is ridiculously good-looking and that his band is very talented. I listen to their songs!"

"That's great. Well, Yura and Jaebum have been dating since February 26th, secretly. They got to know each other when JYP's and Goody's artists met up as well as their staff and CEO with my staff and me. That's when we started to plan the show, secretly, too, of course. Rumors followed as they've been seen together at Hongdae, hanging out as well as in other places. On June 11th we and JYP Entertainment made a public statement, Yura and Jaebum are dating. Yura and Jaebum are the cutest thing I have seen so far."

I stretched out a hand. "Hold up for a second. I can't fake love." Siyeon nodded. "Your love is very strong and you tell each other everything and - a sad thing is - you don't get to see each other very often. I just say 'you' instead of Yura, alright?"

I clasped my hands while nodding. "So, they don't meet up often, like normal couples do?" Now Siyeon nodded. "Yes, sadly for the both of you. GOT7 has become very popular and their schedule is very tight, as well as yours. If you are free, he's busy and vice versa. He often takes you out for some dates a month to his or your apartment. About 95% of your fans are happy about your dating. The rest is just plain hate. But that's pretty normal for couples, no?"

She snapped her fingers. "Right, food behaviors. She adores fish very much." I grinned in approval. "Same here..."

"She hates tomatoes. In her childhood she had a bad experience with the stem and she doesn't like to eat them anymore. Other than that, she takes care of her body well. She gains weight very, very easily."

I shook my head. "Oh my god, I love tomatoes, that's not good, but one good things is. I can eat as much as I want and I stay skinny. 1:1 for both of us. Please continue."

Siyeon tapped her fingers against her jaw. "Well, outside of Goody you don't have a lot of friends. I've told Yura that people want you for your money mostly, if you're rich, certainly. But you have really, really tight and humorous friends here in the company, so don't worry. They can also help you through some things." once more she turned her tablet around. "Look just here, this would be important if you attend parties or red carpets in the meantime. Yura is such a joyful girl. When in sight of cameras, she smiles immediately. Her way of walking is very casual and she often wears high heels. But most important is her left hand gesture." Siyeon pointed with her freshly manicured fingers at Yura's left hand that was almost next to her face, "She uses her left hand very often to wave at the press. When she was younger she twisted her wrist and broke it. So, whenever she raises her hand, her thumb gets into her palm, just a bit though. It's almost invisible, just try to not stretch your fingers and most of all, thumb too wide."

I nodded quickly and imitated her gesture. "Looks nice on red carpets." Siyeon agreed with a lovable smile. "Another thing is," she tilted her head just a bit, "you have a smaller mouth than her, but just a tiny bit. And your nose bridge is smaller as well. We can use the surgery as an excuse for now. We'll say instead of this is swelling, it will grow out a bit again." She took a strand of my hair in between her fingers and curled it around her index finger. "We have to get you her hair style. Light brown with pink tips. Believe it or not, we even have a hair dresser in the building next to this. We have two buildings Goody owns."

Siyeon paused suddenly. "Well, nothing comes in my mind right now. Oh wait, her voice! Speak a bit higher than usual, please."

"Like this?" I did as told and she closed her eyes for a split second. "Just a bit higher, not for dolphin's to be heard only."

I nodded and tried a few other sentences, just then she held my shoulder. "Stop right there!" she stared at me, "Try to say an introducing of yourself, as in, Joo Yura."

"Alright." I cleared my throat and looked at her. "Hey, this is Joo Yura and tonight's show is going to everything, so stay tuned!" I looked at her facial expressions, mouth wide open. "I'm in distress and in frenzy. First of all, perfect voice, keep this mind!" I just laughed. "Yay, I can pull this off very well, I use this to hook up guys because it sounds so cute!" she interrupted my talking with her hand. "Another thing, you seem to use foul language. Yura comes out of a family that teaches his kids to not swear. She would never use words like '' or '', please keep this mind."

I gritted my teeth. "Oh fu - I mean, uh, what a misery, right?" I laughed awkwardly and she motioned me to stand up. "So sweetheart, any other questions?"

I thought for some time before I wiggled my finger at her. "Next to this tomato-thing. Any other habits or behaviors? Like, Biting her lips or nails, or maybe picking on something - do you get what I mean?"

Siyeon went to the back of the room, facing a big cabinet and fetching a charger cable, for all those SAMSUNG tablets, I supposed. "Speaking of nails, she takes good care of her finger nails."

"Nails?"

"Yes." Siyeon took out a purse for a tablet and came over to me again, "She visits nail saloons often. She loves nail art. As well as 'Instagram', so don't be afraid to post once in one or two days. Actually, fans would be worried if you wouldn't post anything."

I nodded satisfied. "That's good, I post a lot as well, I just don't have, like, thousands of followers." Siyeon put the tablet she used earlier into the case and closed it. "So, sweetie." she pressed it into my chest, "We go to our hair dresser and you start watching some videos already."

Siyeon sighed when she shut down the laptop. “Jesus, why did I even turn that laptop on? Anyways, this is your tablet, by the way.”

I stood up and followed my “manager” out of the room she locked right away. “Like, it was Yura’s before?”

She looked at me again before me walked down the floor. “No, it’s yours. Everyone here has a tablet, including Yura, but hers is at her apartment. I will tell you beforehand, ‘We’ll be going there on Friday’ or ‘We need to go there later that day’, but a lot of schedules are without me and you will have to go there by yourself.” I gulped loudly and she laughed, my back. “Don’t worry; we will talk about that later as well.”

We got back into an elevator and I coughed lightly. “Well, I have a question regarding Yura’s parents and...Okay, so, when her father is dead, and resting in Busan, and her mother is also in Busan and you said it all started way before she had been blooming in showbiz, right? So, before buying her own house, where did she stay?”

“With me.” We left the elevator to enter a small corridor in the second floor that led to the other building, “I let her live with me, promoted her and in the end she was so popular that she was able to buy her own rather big apartment. This was one of the proudest moments in my life because she is like my own daughter. I made a girl’s biggest dream come true.”

My heart welled up with love. “That sounds amazing, I hope I can manage at least some parts of her, but she seems to be pretty darn amazing!”

“She is!” Siyeon pointed to the left and greeted some people that stared at me while I just tugged my hair behind my ear, “I was the one to find her first when she collided with small rocks and a tree. There was so much blood all around and she wasn’t breathing and – the sight was just horrible. And I don’t want to continue and talk about that. The hair dresser is at the end of this floor.”

She gasped all of a sudden. “That poor girl’s cell phone also broke! We need to get a new one, fortunately we have saved all the contacts, you know, we always do that.”

“What are you pretty much trying to say, Siyeon?” I laughed loudly and she chuckled, too. “You will have up to three cell phones – always. Your personal phone, the Hwasoo-phone. Then Yura’s personal phone and one for ‘work’, with business numbers on it. Sounds great, right?”

“Hm – marginal, Ma’am.” I giggled and the hair dresser gazed at me for way too long. “Yoo-Yura, hon?”

“Nah.” I said and sat down in a chair. I my lips and cupped my own hands, trying to act extra sweet. “I would like to have my old hair style, the brown and pink one.” I dabbled in talking like Yura and unlocked the tablet; I just heard Siyeon clapping in the back. “Just a bit less fake, but others than that it’s perfect.”

“ yeah, a high five for me!” I high-fived myself and just heard the hair dresser something mumbling before he started with my hair. “Indeed, she isn’t Joo Yura.”

□ □ ■ □ □

I checked my phone and saw a message-spam of Sungah. "WiFi and Sungah, I missed you so much!" When I closed the door again I already put out the tablet and my mom switched on the lights in our entrance floor.

She stared at me and didn't say anything. I heard the car driving away and smiled lightly.

"So, my child. It's past eleven." my mother still didn't take her eyes off me and I shrugged. "I'm sorry. I need to go upstairs and do things." I lowered my head and opened the door next to me. I pulled out a water bottle and unlocked the tablet. I immediately added our WiFi and walked past her, almost dropping my phone.

She still didn't seem to be satisfied. "Do you have assignments, homework - "

"Currently I have really better things to do, mom." I showed my mom the tablet before I went upstairs for good.

I know my mom now for exactly eighteen years, three months and four days, she knows almost everything of me and vice versa. What I want to say? I know that my mom hates what I am doing right now.

 

Author's
NOTE
I'm really sorry for putting so much useless stuff you probably didn't want to know about that model into just the second chapter, but in this chapter are some things that will be important later in this story ;))) I promise, the next chapter will have some GOT7 love in it ^^
I'm really trying hard to update this often but writer's block got me ALWAYS >< and school isn't much of a help either
enjoy & subscribe! ♥
xoxo,
the cucumber °3°)~