#002 - "Christmas" - HeeChul & RyeoWook

100 Super Junior short stories

It was that time of year again.
The time in which friendships and love were more noticed and taken care of.
It was also the time of year to be closer to your family..
That thought brought a little sadness to RyeoWook, since he would not be able to spend Christmas with his family this year.
He would spend it together with the rest of Super Junior and their manager.
Because of their busy schedule in China, they had no chance of being home for Christmas..

While RyeoWook was taking a CD out of its cover, HeeChul walked into their living room.
“What CD is that?” HeeChul asked bluntly, watching RyeoWook’s fingers put it in the CD-player.
“These are Chinese Christmas songs!” RyeoWook said, smiling at HeeChul.
HeeChul came closer and took the cover from the little dresser.
Meanwhile, RyeoWook hit ‘play’.

As the first tunes of ‘Silent Night’ in Chinese filled the room, HeeChul put the cover back on the dresser and nodded approvingly.
“We should get a tree..” HeeChul said and turned to walk away.
“Hyung, we have one!” RyeoWook smiled and pointed to the corner of the living room.
There, in the corner, really was a Christmas tree, but it wasn’t decorated yet.
“That’s not a Christmas tree!” HeeChul said. “I’ll show you what a real Christmas tree looks like..”
RyeoWook rolled his eyes as he saw HeeChul taking out his laptop.
“I know what it looks like! I’ll ask the manager whether we can get a box of tree decorations..” RyeoWook concluded and left the living room.

Ten minutes later a box was standing in the living room and a smiling RyeoWook was next to it.
A big smile appeared on HeeChul’s face.
Yes, HeeChul was excited and close to getting hyper.
Quickly HeeChul skipped to the tree and started dragging it to the middle of the living room.
Wide eyed RyeoWook watched how HeeChul got the tree in front of him, making it sway dangerously.
“There, now let’s decorate!” HeeChul claimed excitedly.

RyeoWook opened the box.
A wonderland of colors came from the box.
Everything was in there; a pick, colorful glass balls, lights, glittery beams and what not.
As soon as HeeChul saw the contents, he started rummaging through the box.

At this point the CD had played its last song.
RyeoWook turned around and went to replace the CD with a Korean Christmas CD.
Looking through the racks he was searching for that one CD he wanted to listen to.
“HeeChul have you..” He started to say, but stopped when he turned to look at HeeChul.
A burst of laughter escaped from RyeoWook’s covered mouth.
In the brief moment that he hadn’t watched HeeChul, the guy became quite decorated himself..
The glittery stuff, that made the beams look festive, was all in HeeChul’s hair and at his clothing, little pieces of tape stuck to his hands, here and there where bits of fake snow and some of the little tree lights from the flex were clipped to his shirt.

“Wookie! Will you hand me the pick?” HeeChul half demanded, half asked.
RyeoWook was used to this attitude, especially when HeeChul was letting his creative side out.
HeeChul would be completely excited, clumsy and most of all inconsiderate of anything else..
Hesitantly RyeoWook took the pick out of the box and handed it to HeeChul.
Smiling widely HeeChul grabbed the pick and turned away to get a chair to stand on.
RyeoWook’s eyes grew wide as he saw what was happening.
One of the tree lights had still been clipped onto HeeChul’s shirt.
With HeeChul turning away from the tree, the flex of tree lights along with the entire tree had began to fall down.
Everything went in slow motion as the two boys stuck out their hands in front of them and watched the tree come down on them.

A second later the boys lay flat on their backs with a tree on top of them.
“-aaaaaaaaAAAH” RyeoWook started to yell with a soft voice.
“AHH… AHH-AHH… AHH…AHH!!” HeeChul yelled loudly, pushing the tree with every yell.
As a result needles of the tree came falling off.
RyeoWook covered his face and rolled around, freeing himself from the tree.

After some more struggles from HeeChul, he also got out from underneath the tree.
“HeeChul hyung, what are we going to do now?” RyeoWook asked, looking down at the messy heap of tree and decorations.
“This..” HeeChul said and lifted his foot to give the tree a kick.
However, RyeoWook had foreseen his behavior and stopped him.
“Let’s just pull him up and see what it looks like..” RyeoWook said and carefully started to lift the tree at its top.
It was a heavy tree and RyeoWook was being rather gentle with it, so he couldn’t get the tree to stand vertically.
Seeing how RyeoWook struggled, HeeChul sighed and helped him lift it.

When the tree was finally standing straight, it looked miserable.
HeeChul picked up the pick, moved a chair next to the tree and proceeded to do what he had wanted to before the tree fell down.
With the pick on its top, the tree looked even more miserable..
The pick was too heavy and caused the tree to bow its top.
“There, finished!” HeeChul exclaimed.
“Hyung, it looks a little..” RyeoWook wanted to bring it easy, but HeeChul didn’t want to hear anything of it.
“DON’T YOU TOUCH IT! It’s my proud creation^^!” HeeChul concluded and turned around.
Knowing there is nothing RyeoWook could do about the tree, he went to change the music again..

-02.10.2010-