#003 - "Blindfolds" - HanKyung & YeSung

100 Super Junior short stories

YeSung, who was busy playing a game on the computer, stopped abruptly when he found out he couldn’t see anything anymore..
“Have I died?!” He asked confused. “God?!”
Suddenly his vision came back again.
“Wow! I’ve been granted another chance!” YeSung cheered, but then got confused again.
Should I continue the game or is it better to stop playing forever?, YeSung thought.
While thinking, he ran out of time on the game.
“My fishies have died!” He said out loud, feeling sorry for the fishies since he couldn’t save them..
“You’re weird a little much!” HanKyung said, who had actually blindfolded YeSung for a second.
“Oh, you’re here!” YeSung turned around, eyeing HanKyung.
Then he saw the little blanket that was in HanKyung’s hands.
The picture clicked in YeSung’s head.
“It was you.. and the blanket..! Haha..” YeSung laughed, somewhat relieved that it was just that..
HanKyung nodded, then he got an idea..
“YeSung.. Can I make you blind?” HanKyung asked.
“MWOT?!” YeSung replied, shocked at the question.
Then he remembered HanKyung speaks broken Korean, he probably meant something else.
“Oh, you want to blindfold me?” YeSung asked, enthusiastic and anxious at the same time.
HanKyung nodded. “Let’s do a game!”
“Game? Yeah! I want to do a game! What game should we play?” YeSung said, excited to play a game.
“I’ll make you blind, then you have to follow my directions. You have to find objects that I hide, but I will give you opposite directions.” HanKyung explained.
“Ah, so you’ll say left, but I have to go right instead?” YeSung asked to be sure.
HanKyung nodded with a smile.
YeSung moved his head to stretch his neck muscles, accepting the challenge, then he closed his eyes.
“You can blindfold me! This is going to be fun!” YeSung said and made a fist, while shouting: “Fighting!”
HanKyung grinned as he quickly bound the blanket around YeSung’s head.
“Ready?” He asked and YeSung gave a nod.
“Okay, go to your right..” HanKyung said, deciding the object was going to be one of EunHyuk’s socks that was laying underneath the trophy cabinet.
YeSung hesitantly took a few steps to his left.
“Am I there almost?” YeSung asked.
“Yes..” HanKyung answered honestly.
YeSung took a big step to the left and bumped against the trophy cabinet, assuming HanKyung was saying the opposite of what he meant..
“Ouch! Yah, you said I was close to something! That should have been the opposite then..”
“I’m not sorry, let’s not continue now..” HanKyung said, smiling.
“Okay, I’m listening.” YeSung said, waiting for further directions.

A few minutes later YeSung was squatted down in front of the trophy cabinet, his knees facing the cabinet.
“Grab above you at your back..” HanKyung said.
YeSung thought for a moment..
.. above.. that means low..
.. at your back.. that means my belly..
Grab low at my belly? YeSung thought.
HanKyung started to doubt whether he should think of another object..
Maybe the dirty sock wasn’t that nice for YeSung to touch..
“Wait.. the object has been my belt all along?” YeSung asked.
“Yes..” HanKyung’s answer confused YeSung..
Was he again being honest or was his answer the opposite?
“Eh?” YeSung brought out.
“Honestly, it’s not your belt..” HanKyung said to clarify his answer to YeSung.
YeSung nodded and thought about HanKyung’s direction again.
Suddenly he got an idea..
What if ‘at your back’ just meant ‘not in front of you’?
YeSung squatted down again and grabbed in front of him on the floor.
“Got it!” YeSung cheered holding up EunHyuk’s dirty sock.
HanKyung’s face became one of disgust.
Only now did he realize he shouldn’t have picked the sock at all, why did he even think of that as the object?
“You know what it is you’re holding, right?” He asked.
“Eh.. not precisely..” YeSung answered, taking off the blanket that was around his head to cover his eyes.
When he saw what was in his hands, his eyes grew big and he dropped the sock in an instant.
“Hyung.. that’s disgusting! How could you even let me find that..”
“I’m sorry.. I know it’s dirty..” HanKyung apologized. “You want to do something else?”
YeSung shook his head.
“I want to do this game again, but then without the objects.. just lead me to a place using opposite directions and then I have to guess where we are!”
HanKyung nodded with excitement, hesitated no longer and blindfolded YeSung again.
After giving a few directions, HanKyung felt like using the bathroom..
“Don’t walk! I’ll be back!” HanKyung said and rushed off to the bathroom.
YeSung stood still for a moment.
Was this a trick?
YeSung decided to listen to the direction and just walked on..
When HanKyung came back from the bathroom he saw a mess.
Suddenly a pile of CDs started moving, revealing YeSung’s blindfolded head.
“Hello..? I think something went wrong..” YeSung said.
HanKyung started laughing, picked a few CDs from the floor and started putting them back on the shelves of the CD case.
YeSung crawled out of the heap of them, taking the blanket from his head.
“Now this is something I won’t do again..” He said, throwing the blanket on the couch.
“Being blind is very confusing..” He added muttering to himself.
Then he shook his head and started helping HanKyung to put all the CDs back on the shelves.

-02.10.2010-