#001 - "Free fall" - KangIn & LeeTeuk

100 Super Junior short stories

“Are you ready~?” KangIn yelled excited near LeeTeuk’s ear.
LeeTeuk bit his bottom lip as he took a careful glance at the space that was below him.
They were high in the sky.. very high.
LeeTeuk didn’t dare to take another step forward, since it would only get him closer to the next chapter in his life.. if he was even going to live it through..

“I can’t..” He choked out and started laughing nervously.
“Haha..” KangIn laughed falsely along with LeeTeuk..
“Do it!” KangIn said suddenly, nudging LeeTeuk at his shoulder.
“Do I.. have to?” LeeTeuk started again.
His throat tightened solely at the thought of stepping too close to the edge.
It wasn’t like the platform they were standing on was very solid..
With every movement it would shake a little.

Suddenly a strong breeze brushed past them, making the platform whoosh a little.
Seeing the fear on LeeTeuk’s face, KangIn grinned, but felt a little nervous too.
“If you’re just going to stand there, it won’t get any easier for you..” KangIn reasoned.
LeeTeuk started his nervous giggling again.
Another strong breeze..
His giggling turned into high pitched yells.

As the breeze passed, LeeTeuk’s heart calmed a little.
“You know the promise I made..” KangIn said.
His voice didn’t sound too confident any longer.
Could it be the height and the nervousness had gotten to him too?
“What? You’re not going to keep it if I might complete my part?!” LeeTeuk asked.
“Yah! I don’t even have to think about that! Haish.. You’ll never do it..”
KangIn’s response sounded slightly annoyed.
“Then what if I will?” LeeTeuk questioned, hoping he’d shy away from fulfilling his promise.
Obviously that wasn’t KangIn’s intention, although he might feel that way, he’d never say so.
“Yah! Of course I’ll go!” KangIn exclaimed.
“Haish.. just assuming I won’t do something that even he has dared..” He muttered to himself.
“I heard that!” LeeTeuk said, pointing his finger at KangIn.

Then another strong breeze rocked the platform.
The owner of the platform came walking up to KangIn and LeeTeuk.
“So, are you going to jump or what? There’s bad weather coming up in a few hours, so there’s not much time left..” The owner said as he eyed both of the guys.

Internally LeeTeuk was fighting his fears..
He was so going to prove KangIn that he was brave enough for the jump!

“I’ll jump then..” LeeTeuk said, earning a look of KangIn that held the middle between glare and surprise..

A few minutes passed as LeeTeuk was getting ready for the jump.
He was wearing gear around his waist and upper legs that attached him to the bungees.
LeeTeuk felt how the moment came closer.. and closer..
With the passing of every second, his heart beat accelerated a little.
“Are you sure these things won’t snap?” LeeTeuk asked while smiling a little.
Although he was smiling on the outside, KangIn knew very well that he was crapping his pants internally..

“Okay! Everything is ready! You may go up the edge and take the jump!” The owner said as he gave LeeTeuk the thumbs up.
LeeTeuk swallowed hard as he slowly approached the edge of the platform.
His heart was almost literally leaving him when he took a glance at what was below.
Deep down there was the lake, dark blue water with little waves caused by the wind, which moved its surface.
Feeling a sudden dizziness he squatted down and d the railing.
“I can’t.. What has gotten into me? Why did I let it come this far? I can’t go back now either..” LeeTeuk mumbled to himself.

KangIn, who was watching LeeTeuk from a close distant, couldn’t wait any longer and decided to give a little pep-talk to LeeTeuk.
“LeeTeuk hyung..” KangIn started and walked up to him.
Hearing his name LeeTeuk slowly got up and tried to manage his fears.
As KangIn approached LeeTeuk a strong wind blew past them, causing the platform to rock even harder than it had done before..
As a result KangIn tripped and fell against LeeTeuk..
With a yell and a scream that resembled a cry, both of them fell off the platform..

The owner, who saw them fall just now, quickly ran out to the edge of the platform.
There, tens of meters below him, he saw the two boys dangling at the bungee..
Luckily they had been so smart as to grab and hold each other firmly!
Otherwise things might have turned out a lot different..

As the bungee was being pulled up again, rain started to fall.
At first it were a few drops here and there, but soon enough the sky broke open and a shower of cloud water came down on earth.

On the platform, LeeTeuk collapsed and sat down while sobs escaped his mouth and a sad look was in his eyes. He might even be crying, but due to the heavy rainfall nobody could see.
KangIn sat next to him and hugged him to give him solace.
Although he tried to be the tough one, KangIn was definitely shaken by the event too.
“I told you I was brave! Why did you have me do this?” LeeTeuk asked.
“I’m still more brave.. I went bungee jumping without a bungee!” KangIn laughed, trying to cure the atmosphere with comedy.
“Let’s never make such a promise again!” LeeTeuk said, smiling a little and drying his eyes.
“Just this one.. If you dare to go sky diving, I’ll do another freefall!” KangIn laughed.
*Smack!* “Meanie!” LeeTeuk yelled, getting up and running towards the elevator while laughing his high pitched giggle.
“Haish! Can’t take a joke?” KangIn commented as he rubbed his cheek and then ran after LeeTeuk.

-02.10.2010-