The Boy

Demonic Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

I want you to do me a favor, please Chen.”
“What kind of favor?”
“I want you to help me with something.”
“With what? I know I owe you one Chanyeol, but I'm not going to steal anything or-”
“I just want information, that's all.”

 

 

Chen stared at Chanyeol who stared back at him, he gave him a calm and serious look as Chen tried to come up with something to say. But Chen knows very well that he do owe Chanyeol a favor, he even said that for a second ago and he can't really say that he won't help Chanyeol out this time.

 

 

Fine, what kind of information do you want?”
“I want to know... about s certain family.”
“Family? Don't tell me you're going to help the devil again.”
“No, I'm not, definitely not. I just... want some information, okay?”
“Okay, okay, I won't ask any more questions than those that are necessary. So, what is the family's name?”
“I can't quite remember...”
“Then how am I going to help you out then?”
“Just give me a sec... Ah right, it was Byun. And they lived on a street named something with dog I think. It was a weird street anyway, but it was a calm street.”
“Is there any chance you're talking about a family that lives in a white house? One boy and two parents, the mother was pretty short and the father a little taller, brown hair, worked a lot and seemed always busy?”
“If they have the last name Byun, it might be them. All I remember is a number and that is 20. I think it's the house number.”
“I know which family you're talking about.”
“You do? How?”

 

 

Chen begun to look around on his desk, at he moment Chanyeol was an and disturbed Chen on his work. Though Chen's boss is a funny guy, he seems to never actually care if Chen works or not. But Chen still does his work, he has mostly plenty of time over to do other stuff, like to help Chanyeol out.

 

 

Here, this is all the information I got about that family.”
“How can you have this much information already?”
“Because... I met someone who talked about this family and I managed to snatch this file from that person, who was a demon by the way. I'm not going to say much more, because the rest information is in there.”
“Thanks, I'm glad that you helped me out with this.”
“To be honest, I'm just glad that I don't have that file anymore.”
“Why? Don't tell me someone is looking for it.”
“No, not really, but... It makes me feel a little burdened somehow. You will understand when you have read it. But now, leave, please, I have to work.”
“I will, thanks for the help. And good luck with work.”

 

 

Chen just nodded while he open his laptop again and begun to tap on the keys as Chanyeol left his office. It didn't take long before Chanyeol had found his way out from the building and out to the street. He had put the file that he got from Chen in his bag, he doesn't want other people to stare at him like he's some kind of cop.

 

Chanyeol walked fast, he doesn't want to stop out here among the humans, not yet. He walked all the way back home, to his apartment where his cat and familiar waited for him. Chanyeol took his shoes and jacket off before he sat down on the couch and took up the file.

 

 

Meow~”
“I know I promised to never bring up the past... But... I just want to know if... he's okay.”
“Meow~”
“I know that it might be more dangerous for him if I go to him, but I'm just going to read how he has been, nothing else.”

 

 

Chanyeol felt his heart beat fast, his cat jumped up to his lap and sat down on it. Chanyeol didn't dare to open the file, not yet. He wanted too, he really wanted too open it, but his heart kills him. But he can't sit here like a fool for the rest of the day, can he?

 

 

Here goes nothing I guess...”

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

D.O... I'm tired...”
“I know that, that's why I'm here.”
“I have headache...”
“I know, that is why I'm here for you.”
“I miss umma...”

 

 

Baekhyun stared at the sealing as D.O carefully patted his head gentle. Baekhyun sighed as he closed his eyes, he feels his head spin a little. Okay, so he might have worked a little to much lately...

 

 

How stupid are you? Working for over 12 hours with barely any sleep? Not weird that you fainted... I'm glad that I gave your boss my number.”
“I couldn't sleep anyway, so I thought that if I worked more I would be more tired and would want to sleep more...”
“But it didn't work, instead you got more and more stressed up and wanted to work more and more. Gosh Baekhyun, you're going to burn yourself out before you're even turn 20 years old! How can I not worry about you know?”
“You don't have too, I'm going to be fine and-”
“That's it, I made up my mind. If this is going to go on like this, then I can't let you live here alone.”
“A-Are you saying that you're going to move in? Not that I don't want too, but I don't know, I don't want to disturb you while you're studying. You know me, I can't sit still right now.”
“That's why I'm going to move in, so I can keep an eye on you and-”
“But that will distract you from studying as well. Kyungie, you can't do that, you just can't.”
“But what else can I do? I'm going to wonder if you sleep or not or if you eat properly or-”
“I promise that I will take care of myself this time, really. I know what I did wrong and I won't do the same mistake again, I promise.”

 

 

Baekhyun stared at Kyungsoo who stared back at him, he looked a little suspicious and hesitated before he sighed and nodded a little.

 

 

Fine, just this one chance. But sooner or later you have to start study too, alright?”
“I told you, I have to work for a while, until I can start study again.”
“I know that... It's just... Don't burn yourself out, okay?”
“I promise, I won't. Now you should go back to school.”
“Who's the mommy here? You or me? Haha, okay, I will go now. But... Don't you dare to go back to work for two days, got it? You got two days free, spend them well by resting up. I can take you out tomorrow after lunch to do something, but remember to rest.”
“I will, bye Kyungie. And have fun while studying.”
“And you rest now, got it? Good, now I really have to go. Bye.”

 

 

Baekhyun smiled and waved after Kyungsoo who left the house, he walked fast over the street to catch up with a bus. Baekhyun still shivers when he thinks about riding a bus or a car again. No, he rather walk right now, because he just... He just can't sit down in a car nor bus, not yet.

 

Baekhyun went back in, he felt how sore his head felt as he whined. It hurts to faint, especially when no one is there to catch you when you do. It hurts to hit the floor with your head and Baekhyun knows that it's never good to hit your head to hard.

 

 

Well...What should I do know?”

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol closed the file after he had read through the documents. He felt his heart beat fast as he tried to keep calm. His head almost begun to spin as much thoughts that were going around in his mind. He wanted to do something, anything, but his mind told him that he shouldn't. His heart screamed for help to make his body move, but his brain kept him still.

 

 

Meow~”
“I-I'm not... g-going anywhere, like I promised.”

 

 

Chanyeol felt how his hand wanted to grab something, to squeeze it a little to calm himself down. But the anger inside him took over him. He do wonder; was it his fault that something like that happened? Or was it just a coincidence? Or did it has something with him to do?

 

No matter how he twist and turn this situation he still finds himself to be the source to the problem. Chanyeol sighed deep as he tried to think, he really want to do something, anything. But what? What can he do without creating more trouble and pain?

 

 

Meow~”
“No, I promised to not go back there, remember? So... So he won't get hurt.”
“Meow~”
“You're right... He has already been hurt.. But what if I go back and put him into more trouble, danger and pain?”
“Meow~”

 

 

Chanyeol nodded a little at his cat, he understand what it says. Oh right, you don't understand it like he do. His cat has mostly asked him why he don't go back to that place and it also said that Chanyeol should go back, just to check the boy he once wanted to protect so badly.

 

 

You're right... I definitely should go back. But how?”
“Meow~”
“Isn't that to stalk someone? To go and watch the boy while he's sleeping... That is kind of... what I did that night when I should had killed him...”
“Meow~”
“You're right, I can't sit here if I want to help him, can I? Okay, it's decided then. I will go tonight, just a short visit while he's sleeping. I think... I want to see the little guardian again.”

 

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

I probably shouldn't do this... but I can't sleep anyway... But it's even stupider to do this...”

 

 

Baekhyun sat on the couch in the living room, he looked at the DVD he had in his had. He is right now in this very moment considering to watch a horror movie or to go to bed. Right now the time is around 10 pm and if he decides to watch the movie, he knows that he won't fall asleep until 4 or 5 am.

 

 

I shouldn't be doing this... I know that I should go to bed... Or watch a puppy movie... But not a horror movie...”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how a sigh escaped his mouth as he took a look at the time again, it's still around 10 pm. Baekhyun now let his eyes glance over at the bookshelf that stood on the other side of the room, wondering if he had any puppy movies to watch.

 

Don't take Baekhyun wrong, when he say puppy movies he actually mean movies that ain't scary nor bloody nor ual. But ual movies are... don't take him wrong, but those are the best because they're often a comedy.

 

 

Fine... You win.... I go to bed.”

 

 

Baekhyun put the movie away as he went up to his room, he doesn't feel to watch a movie anyway. Baekhyun begun to look around for his pajamas in his room, he wonder how he possibly can have lost it already. He's almost a hundred percent sure that he put his pajamas on the chair behind the desk this very morning, but he can be wrong.

 

 

Damn that stupid... urgh, I don't even have the power right now.”

 

 

Baekhyun decided to not care about that as he begun to get undressed anyway. But in the middle of his undressing he spot a shirt lay on the floor beside the bed and then he realized it was his pajamas.

 

 

Why is it laying on the floor?”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how another sigh escaped his mouth as he walked over and picked the shirt up. He then found his boxers and finally he had his pajamas. So after some struggle with the clothes, Baekhyun could finally go and brush his teeth and when he will be done in the bathroom, he can turn all lights off and go to bed.

 

Baekhyun walked out from the bathroom and turned off the last few lights outside his room as he stepped in to his own room. He turned off the light in the roof before he found his way to his bed in the dark room. Baekhyun curled together under the blanket as he sighed out, but he still didn't feel tired.

 

 

Urgh... I hate this...”

 

 

Baekhyun felt mad. Mad that he had let himself work to much so he fainted. Because now he can't even work without his boss nor D.O look at him worried. He doesn't stand a chance to convince them that he's fine and that he won't work until he hurt himself.

 

Though Baekhyun is glad that he has such a nice boss, because he let Baekhyun work only 6 hours, but he still pays Baekhyun like he's working 8 hours. So yeah, Baekhyun's boss is a great person. But D.O, or Kyungsoo is his name, doesn't trust Baekhyun anymore.

 

Baekhyun lied in his bed for probably hours or it felt like hours. He closed his eyes all the time, switched positions and tried to not let himself think about depressing things, like his parents or his dead gold fish, or anything else that might be depressing for someone else.

 

Baekhyun will soon give upon trying to fall asleep, not if he's going to continue to twist and turn like this. It was then Baekhyun got an idea, why don't he pretend to sleep? Because if his body or brain thinks he's asleep, maybe then it will let him sleep?

 

Okay, this is a fools act, literally. But Baekhyun thought that maybe his brain wasn't as smart as he thought it was, not that he thinks he's smart or anything. But it is worth a try, since he can't sleep anyway.

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

This is like the worst thing ever. Walking around on a street in the middle of the night, when many demons, evil spirits and other stupid and foolish humans are walking. It's a fools act, for a normal human that is. But Chanyeol knows that since he's a demon himself, no one will pick on him nor try to steal his money.

 

Chanyeol passed an alley where two men stood and whispered. They both glanced over at Chanyeol who passed them, but they didn't look very suspicious at him. They must think that Chanyeol is some kind of drug dealer or whatever they call it now days. Not that Chanyeol ever has been a drug dealer though, it's just that no “normal” people walk on the street this late, only people who often does bad things.

 

Chanyeol walked until he came to the more peaceful blocks, where many families with young children lives. Here does also many older people live, because they find it pretty peaceful around those blocks.

 

Chanyeol walked slowly down the street, he felt right away how a flash back begun to sneak over him again as he almost shivered a little. He somewhat hates flash backs, because mostly of them reminds him about his past. And he wants to forget about his past, but it seems like he never really can.

 

 

~It was a cold night, Chanyeol still remembers that. The air is filled with snow that is falls down from the sky to land softly on the ground. Chanyeol walked on the snow covered streets as he listened to the children's laughter.

 

Chanyeol smiled when he saw a young boy help a girl up from the ground since she had tripped and it makes him happy to see that humans still care about each others. Or at least the children do. But he can't claim that he's much better than other humans, because he hasn't been that nice either.

 

Chanyeol walked down on the familiar street, he has walked this route for many months now to walk by one special place. He knows that it's not a normal route to walk, especially not for him who almost lives on the other side of the city. But he keep tell himself that he walked this route to make sure that he takes a long walk so he can rest the rest of the evening.

 

Chanyeol turned left after he had passed a small kindergarten and continued the street down. He walks and walks until he spot the white house that still makes him feel a little guilty and worried.

 

Chanyeol walked over to the park that was almost right in front of the white house and as usual he took a look around. Sometimes he would look around a little in the park and pretend that he is looking for something. Just to be able to stay as long as possibly in the park.

 

Chanyeol walked over to a tree and leaned against it as a smile sneaked up on his face. To not look to suspicious, he would take up his phone and pretend to wait for someone or pretend to make a call. All to just stand and stare at someone special, but don't take that wrong. He's not a erted boy who stares at people all day.

 

Chanyeol stood and leaned against the tree, he kept stand there without taking his phone up. He didn't plan to stand there for to that long today. But he just wants to see one person, a boy that runs around with his friends and has the most cutest face and smile. Chanyeol couldn't help it, he couldn't help to stare at the boy.

 

 

I'm you're guardian huh...?”

 

 

Chanyeol smiled for himself as he decided to leave again, before someone would see him stand there and watch the children play. People would think wrong about him, they would think he's some kind of e.

 

Chanyeol had slowly left the park. He had slowly walked all the way back home to face one hell of a problem. And sadly enough, that day, that cold winter day, was the last day he would had walked his special route. That day was the last day he saw the boy, the one that had saved Chanyeol from himself.~

 

 

Chanyeol looked around, he tried to recognize himself at the street as he sighed. He has no idea where he is. It took him a while to realize that he still needs to walk two more blocks before it was time to take a turn.

 

'I don't remember that I lived this far away from him... It felt like it only took 10 minutes to walk to his house back then, but it has been like an hour since I left the apartment. But it's probably because I took the wrong way at first, so yeah. But still, I really imagined that he only lived two blocks away, not like twenty.'

 

Chanyeol sighed as he tried to speed his pace up a little, not that he actually is in any hurry but he just felt that he wasted time here. It still feels like he's so far away from his destination, even thought it's only like two and a half block away now.

 

Chanyeol walked and walked, his feet feels almost a little tired by now. He has gotten so used to take the bus whenever he needs to go so far away from his apartment. But not tonight, because tonight he's supposed to be invisible. Okay, maybe not literally invisible, but he doesn't want that many humans to see him, not this late at the night.

 

'I wonder if he's asleep or not... Maybe I shouldn't go there? I mean, he's probably fine now, when his parents is buried and all... Yeah and he's probably safe since nothing has really happened him. Or... What if the devil let him stay alive... because the boy is still suffering a depression? I... I don't know...'

 

Chanyeol felt how he slowed down his pace until he stopped totally. He stared at the long street in front of him as he realized that he was really close to the boy's house now. He can still turn around, no one has really seen him out here and it might be the best for both him and the boy if he stays away from him.

 

'It's the best... For us both... I mean... I really don't want to mess around in the devils business... But the boy.... was the one who saved me... Does that mean... that I owe him a favor?'

 

Chanyeol felt how he bit his lower lip before he made up his mind, he's not going to chicken out of this. Not this time, not next time either or any other time. He's tired of being afraid. He's tired of being afraid that he will end up in the devil's business. But the thing is, the devil decided to mess with something precious to Chanyeol and that is not okay.


Ayo guys! How are you? ^.^

So I know I haven't updated any of my other fictions for a long time and I'm sorry for that *bows* But a lot of things has been taking up my time lately, until two days ago when I officially went to take a long holiday break. So now I got some time to finally update. *grins*

Anyway, I just want to say thank you all for supporting me! It means a lot to me! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! ^.^

Well, I will try to update as soon as I can again! Until then, take care! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3