Guardian

Demonic Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

~Baekhyun woke up by a weird sound, he think it was someone tripping over his toys that he put out as a trap for the monsters in his closet. He sat up fast, feeling tired as he stared up at the shadow that stood up from the floor, scaring him.

 

Baekhyun open his mouth to scream, but his voice didn't seem to be able to come. He grabbed his teddy bear as a protection, since his mother keep say that it would protect him, as the shadow walked closer to him, but then stopped.

 

The glowing red eyes stared at him, almost like he were some kind of prey, until they soften, slowly. Baekhyun let his hand turn on the small nightstand lamp, now seeing that the monster wasn't a monster, just a boy who stared at him.

 

Baekhyun stared back at him, blinking stupid as he got up from his bed, standing straight up as he smiled kind, thinking that this boy is kind and here to protect him from the monsters in his closet.

 

 

Hello, I'm Baekhyun. Who are you?”

 

 

The boy seemed speechless, and in Baekhyun's eyes he looked harmless. Baekhyun walked closer, stepping over his toys carefully as he smiled kind. The bigger boy looked around in the room, probably at all the toys Baekhyun had put out as Baekhyun smiled proud.

 

 

I made a trap with my toys, so the monsters in my closet won't come out and scare me. Are you here to protect me from the monsters in my closet?”

 

 

Baekhyun blinked up at the boy who stared down at him, suddenly smiling kind, not scary but it looked like he hadn't been smiling that much before. The boy crouched down and patted Baekhyun on the head, trying to smile soft and kind at him as Baekhyun looked curious up at him.

 

 

Yeah I am here to protect you from the monsters in your closet, so you can go and sleep sweet and sound again, or else I can't make the monsters go away if you're awake.”
“But you promise to protect me, right?”
“Yes, I promise, I won't let you down.”
“Forever and ever?”
“Forever and ever, just like you said. Now go to bed, you need to sleep and grow up to a strong and handsome boy, right?”
“Yeah! I promised mom to be a good boy! I want to be like you! A guardian!”
“T-Thanks, but you know what?”
“No, tell me.”
“Guardians need to sleep as well, so go to bed now little boy. I promise to protect you, forever and ever, so you can sleep sweet and sound. Now off to bed again.”
“Okay... But you have promised me to protect me, now you must hold your promise. Because that is what promises are for. But what is your name? You do have a name, right?”
“Uhm... Yeah... My name is... C.”
“C? That's all?”
“Mm, that is all. Now go to bed and sleep.”
“But that can't be your whole name can it? Mom said that one single letter names are no proper names, I tried to name my goldfish G, but she said it had to be a better name, so I named it Gold.”
“Haha, okay, you win little man, I will tell you my real name.”

 

 

The tall boy lift Baekhyun up, making Baekhyun wrap his arms around the boy's neck, scared to fall as the boy put him down on the bed again, patting his head and pulled the blanket over Baekhyun's legs, but Baekhyun refused to lay down and sleep yet. He wanted to hear what the boy's name was.

 

 

My name is Chanyeol, but you can call me just C if you want to, okay?
“Okay, goodnight guardian Chanyeol. And thank you, for keeping the monsters away. Mom was right about there was a guardian in here after all. And remember to keep your promises.”

 

 

Baekhyun smiled kind as the boy smiled big, letting him smile back and then he turned off the lights and disappeared. Baekhyun yawned tired, knowing he were safe as he laid down on the bed and closed his eyes, falling deep asleep once again. Smiling in his sleep, because he knew he had a guardian around him now.~

 

 

Baekhyun sat fast up, feeling how he rubbed his eyes tired as he looked confused around. The dream was so real, it really felt like he met that boy, but that must have been impossible. But he has a weak memory of something like this, but it can't be real, right? Baekhyun must have imagined it up when he were little, like every other kid does.

 

Baekhyun got tired up, yawning a little and walked downstairs and in to the kitchen. He grabbed a bowl with cereals and milk, feeling how he felt lonely right away, but he pushed the thoughts away as he tried to only think about the cereals.

 

 

Having fun all alone?”

 

 

Baekhyun jumped by the sudden voice, staring up at his best friend who came in, laying his key to the house on the table and sat down beside Baekhyun. Yeah, Baekhyun gave a key to Kyungsoo, in case Baekhyun would suddenly get stuck in some kind of depression and try to lock himself in to the house. But that won't happen, Baekhyun has begun to slowly get over the most depressing parts of his parents death, and it has taken him over three months to stop cry at night after them.

 

 

Yeah, I have really fun. I'm playing with my cereals, wanna join?”
“Haha, no thanks. But Baek, are you going to college this year?”
“No... I have just gotten a job, a small one but good enough to give me enough money for food. Mom and dad's savings is currently going to the house, which doesn't cost that much anymore since I barely use any electricity nor the water.”
“Oh, I see. And what are you going to do with the car?”
“Sell it, I don't need it. And I don't think I dare to sit in a car for a while either.”
“Sounds good, and the house?”
“I'm staying here, the house isn't that big, and if you and Kai want to move out, there is always going to be room here.”
“Seriously?”
“Well yeah, but I will have to ask you to help me to pay for everything that is.”
“I do have a part-time job, and Kai too...”
“Haha, you can think about it at least. But you will have to take one of the guestrooms, so you know.”
“We will understand that, and they're quiet big to be honest.”
“Haha, yeah they are. So, what brought you here today?”
“I thought we could go out and do something fun, like shopping. Please, for me.”
“Sure, lets do that. I think I need to come out a little more, I... I feel still a little depressed after everything, and staying home all day doesn't make it easier. It will feel better when I start work more than I do right now.”
“Haha, yeah I guess you're right. Then lets go as fast you're done.”
“I will hurry, I promise.”
“No no, take your time, I don't like to stress you.”

 

 

Baekhyun just smiled as he ate up his breakfast, getting up to his room after putting away his dishes and changed clothes. He then hurried down to Kyungsoo again, who smiled kind at him. Then they got out from the house, walking down the street as D.O suggested that they would walk to the shopping mall, and skip the bus. Baekhyun can't explain how relieved he felt after hearing that from his best friend.

 

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sat and stared out through the window, having his black cat in his lap as he patted him slowly. He stared at the city that were asleep, the city where people struggle with their own lives and problems.

 

His mind went back to the time he were struggling with his feelings, when he felt more than confused about himself and what he were, and what he were supposed to be. But he wasn't like that, not always. He was so confident in himself for such a long period, he really knew his work, what he were supposed to be and what to do. But then, everything turned upside down and he had no idea what was right and wrong anymore.

 

The source to his confusion is one small little thing, just one person. He still can remember him, he can still remember the small boy who stared at him with his kind and cute eyes, looking like a puppy at him in the middle of his bedroom, surrounded by toys and clothes.

 

Chanyeol chuckled when he thought about the boy who had told him everything about his secret toy trap for fake monsters in his closet, and how he had named his goldfish Gold instead of G. But the thing is, Chanyeol remember why he really were there, and the thought still scares him.

 

Chanyeol was send on a mission from the devil, to kill one family member in that house, in that cute boy's house. He first planed to kill one of the parents, but then he thought it was to much work to try to kill someone who sleeps beside someone else. And a child is a much easier pray, isn't it?

 

Chanyeol still get scared by those thoughts, that he let himself think like that. He can still remember how he was ready to kill the little boy in the dark, to leave him dead there and just go back to the devil, be that monster's slave and do whatever he wanted, just like he always have done. But things didn't turn out like that, lucky enough for both Chanyeol and the boy.

 

Chanyeol couldn't do it, he remember how he couldn't kill the boy, nor his parents. He didn't want to cause pain to the young little innocent boy who was so friendly towards a random stranger in his room. He should had called his parents worried, or cried, but instead he begun to talk with Chanyeol like he knew who he were.

 

 

Meow~”
“Uh? What did you say?”

 

 

The cat stared at Chanyeol with its yellow glowing eyes, communicating with Chanyeol through his eyes as Chanyeol nodded. The cat is right, his cat Black is right, Chanyeol shouldn't be thinking those terrible things anymore. He should stop remember it all, and just try to go on, to become something he really wants to be. To be himself and no one else, to be like he wants to be.

 

 

You're right, and you always knows that.”
“Meow~”

 

 

The cat, Black, jumped down from Chanyeol's lap and walked over to the window, letting his pawn touch the window as he meowed and looked over at Chanyeol who got up and walked over to him. The cat meowed again, looking out through the window as Chanyeol stared out, looking around until he gave up to find what his cat wanted him to see.

 

 

Sorry, but I don't know what you want me to see.”
“Meow!”
“Don't yell at me! I don't know where to look!”

 

 

The cat stared at Chanyeol who stared back at him, then he followed his cats eyes over to the door and chuckled, does he want to go out?

 

 

Do you want to go out? Is that what you mean?”

 

 

The cat stared at Chanyeol who felt a little dumb, okay, so his cat is harder to understand than he thought he. Chanyeol sighed and walked over to his cat, picking him up and walked back to the couch, sitting tired down and petted him slowly to make him purr low for himself.

 

Chanyeol lend his back against the couch as he inhaled deep and then sighed heavy as he felt almost bored. He begun to think about what Chen and he talked about after helping him out with getting some demons wiped out from this world.

 

 

Thanks for your help, you can almost think you're some kind of guardian, isn't that funny?”

 

 

 

Chanyeol thought about it, suddenly remembering something else he were thinking about earlier. Chanyeol glanced down at his cat, wondering if he understood what he were thinking about, since he stared right back up at him, his eyes almost saying that Chanyeol were a fool to think about his bad old past again.

 

 

But, Chen he said... Oh forget it.”

 

 

Chanyeol didn't want to try to argue against his cat, first of all, it probably would sound and look really ridiculous, but also it would be useless to do that, it would only waste his time. But he can't help to wonder, did Chen say that with purpose or not?

 

Then Chanyeol's thoughts went from Chen and his words, to old memories. And then the flashback came back to him, literally forcing it way up on Chanyeol, not letting him be, but this time he didn't mind it.

 

 

~Chanyeol sneaked in to the dark room through the open window he had managed to sneak open as quiet as he could. He had used magic to get it open, but he's a demon who can't use that much magic at all, just simple magic.

 

Chanyeol stepped in to the room, not looking at the floor to assume that it were already clean and nothing he could trip over, since he has studied the mother for this child, a very careful and neat woman. But Chanyeol were wrong about the boy, he wasn't as neat as he thought he would be.

 

Chanyeol tripped over something, trying to catch his balance, but things just got worse. He feel, landing on the floor as he held in a whine. The thud though wasn't that loud, he had managed to catch himself during the fall, letting his hands meet the floor first and tried to not make a to loud sound.

 

He knew he hadn't woke the parents up, he could tell since they hadn't stepped out from theirs beds, nor stepped out from their rooms, turning any lights on to walk in to their son's room to check upon him. But the boy had definitely woke up.

 

Chanyeol stood fast up, planing to kill the child before it would be able to scream and cry for his parents. He watched the boy sit up fast, looking tired around as he stared right over at Chanyeol who could see through the dark. The boy look terrified at first, probably since Chanyeol were in his demon mode and stared at the boy with glowing red eyes.

 

The boy is such a easy prey, he could easily kill him now, just let him die already and leave Earth. But then why isn't Chanyeol doing something? He could easily run over and kill him, get out from the room and let the boy's parents find him dead the next morning. But he can't move, is he hesitating?

 

Chanyeol was about to move, he even managed to take one or two steps closer the boy, when he watched the boy grab his teddy bear, quickly the small lamp on the small nightstand beside his bed, not giving Chanyeol the chance to hide as he stood dumbfound in the middle of the room, string at the boy who stared back at him.

 

The boy suddenly crawled down from his bed, looking really cute to be honest. He were pretty short for being a boy around 8 years old, he barely reached the floor with his feet while crawling down form the bed, though the bed seemed to be pretty high.

 

The boy stood now in front of Chanyeol, having the little teddy bear in his arms and stared cute up at Chanyeol who those almost sparkling eyes, looking totally amazed at Chanyeol. The fear was gone, the boy were smiling. For just two seconds ago, the boy would scream, he tried but failed, and he probably would had begun to cry if Chanyeol walked any closer in the dark, but now he's smiling.

 

 

Hello, I'm Baekhyun. Who are you?”

 

 

Chanyeol felt totally speechless when the boy suddenly open his mouth, asking such a obvious question, literally telling Chanyeol that even the boy knows that he's not supposed to be in his room. But then again, the boy didn't seem worried nor scared, he sounded happy, even a little excited.

 

By now the boy begun to walk closer, stepping over the toys on the floor that Chanyeol had tripped over, stopping him from being able to do his mission for now. Chanyeol looked around fast, staring at the toys that laid all over the floor, looking to be somewhat organized. When Chanyeol looked back at the boy, he looked proud as he smiled up at Chanyeol.

 

 

I made a trap with my toys, so the monsters in my closet won't come out and scare me. Are you here to protect me from the monsters in my closet?”

 

 

Chanyeol stared totally taken back at boy, feeling how his heart burst into pieces. He can't do it anymore,he can't kill the boy. First he just hesitated a little, but he felt how he soften for the boy, for his cuteness. Chanyeol stared down at the totally innocent boy, feeling how he can't do it, he can't be that monster towards a boy.

 

Chanyeol smiled kind, feeling how weird it felt to smile. He hasn't smiled like this for years, knowing that the only times he ever smiled was when he was satisfied with his missions, which wasn't that often to be honest. But now, he smiles, from the heart. He can feel it, he can feel how he can't help it

 

The aegyo from the boy seemed to literally change Chanyeol, just like that. Chanyeol felt... touched. He felt how he crouched down to the little boy's level, letting his hand carefully pat the boy's little head, making him smile cute and happy. But what he did next was to stare up at Chanyeol, look totally curious and cute in Chanyeol's eyes. And he felt how he let himself go with this cuteness, he felt how he let the dark side of him slowly disappear.

 

 

Yeah I am here to protect you from the monsters in your closet, so you can go and sleep sweet and sound again, or else I can't make the monsters go away if you're awake.”
“But you promise to protect me, right?”
“Yes, I promise, I won't let you down.”
“Forever and ever?”
“Forever and ever, just like you said. Now go to bed, you need to sleep and grow up to a strong and handsome boy, right?”
“Yeah! I promised mom to be a good boy! I want to be like you! A guardian!”

 

 

Chanyeol got totally surprised when the boy shouted cute at him, but he also got scared that the parents would wake up. But they were still sleeping, he could sense that they were sleeping. Still, Chanyeol still felt totally taken back. Is he... really worth to call a guardian? Chanyeol smiled kind as he kept go with the boy's fantasy, not wanting to scare him to be honest.

 

 

T-Thanks, but you know what?”
“No, tell me.”
“Guardians need to sleep as well, so go to bed now little boy. I promise to protect you, forever and ever, so you can sleep sweet and sound. Now off to bed again.”
“Okay... But you have promised me to protect me, now you must hold your promise. Because that is what promises are for. But what is your name? You do have a name, right?”
“Uhm... Yeah... My name is... C.”
“C? That's all?”
“Mm, that is all. Now go to bed and sleep.”
“But that can't be your whole name can it? Mom said that one single letter names are no proper names, I tried to name my goldfish G, but she said it had to be a better name, so I named it Gold.”
“Haha, okay, you win little man, I will tell you my real name.”

 

 

Chanyeol laughed light at the boy who looked pretty determined up at Chanyeol, he really wanted to know his name. Chanyeol felt that if he told the boy his name, it wouldn't harm him that much, and nothing bad can really happen. And he's just a small boy, who's really cute. He probably will forget about this within some few days anyway.

 

Chanyeol crouched down and carefully picked the boy up, lifting him up and held him in his arms, feeling almost a little scared. He's holding a precious life in his arms right now, and he knows that he can choose to let this life shall continue or end. And Chanyeol can't end it, he can't end a smalls boy's life.

 

As fast Chanyeol lift up the boy in to his arms, he was fast to wrap his arms around Chanyeol's neck, hugging it tight, probably scared to fall. Chanyeol is a pretty tall guy, it's not weird if the little boy gets scared of the sudden height. Chanyeol walked over to the boy's bed, carefully putting the boy down on it as he sat there, with his teddy bear in his arms, letting Chanyeol pull the blanket over his legs, in hope the boy would lay down and sleep.

 

Small boy's shouldn't be awake this late, they're supposed to sleep and dream about rackets, space, dragons and princesses and so on. If they want to grow up to beautiful and handsome boys and girls, they have to sleep and eat a lot, and to play around and enjoy their life. Still, this boy, he refused to lay down and sleep. He is tired, Chanyeol can see that in his eyes, how thy want to get closed and get back to sleep. But he refused to sleep, probably to hear what Chanyeol had to say.

 

 

My name is Chanyeol, but you can call me just C if you want to, okay?
“Okay, goodnight guardian Chanyeol. And thank you, for keeping the monsters away. Mom was right about there was a guardian in here after all. And remember to keep your promises.”

 

 

Chanyeol felt his heart change pace, it went faster, he felt touched. The boy smiled tired and cute as Chanyeol smiled kind back, knowing that this boy needs to sleep now, or else he will be really tired tomorrow for school. Chanyeol reached out his hand, turning off the small lamp on the small nightstand, as he literally watched the boy lose the sight of him and how he laid down on his bed again.

 

After only some few seconds, the cute and quiet snoring was heard through the room as Chanyeol smiled, knowing the boy were back in his sweet dreams, sleeping sweet and sound once again. Chanyeol was about to leave, when he remembered his mission, knowing that the devil wouldn't be pleased with him if he goes back to him.

 

Then he begun to wonder, why does he have to be that evil guy? Must he follow that devil? Can't he go his own way? Can't he be a guardian like the boy called him? Why mist he be something he really doesn't want to be anymore?

 

Chanyeol let his hand carefully the small boy's face, noticing how he smiled in his sleep, and that was all that was needed for Chanyeol to totally feel how he could cry of happiness. He made up his mind, he won't go back, he won't go back to that devil. He doesn't want to be a monster anymore, he want to be that guardian. He want to be himself.~

 


Ayo guys! I'm back with an update! Finally! ^.^

So what do you guys think about this fic this far? Is it confusing? Good? Bad? Okay? Exciting? I don't mind hearing your thoughts! So don't be shy to tell me, okay? ^.^

Else I just wanna thank you guys for your wonderful support ! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! But up to you! ^.^

Else I will see you guys around until I update, but take care until later! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3