As long as they are happy

Please don't...

A/N: *looks back at last chapter*…“see you soon“…yeah right, so “soon” obviously means “in 2 years” to me ^^# sorry again T.T I will try to keep uploading more frequently, but I won’t promise anything because I know myself…but for now I hope you enjoy the new chapter ^-^

In the next few days I was able to calm down and everything kind of went back to normal.

Jae Hyun stuck to his promise and didn’t bother asking about that night again. I noticed him throwing me worried or “please tell me already”-glances from time to time, but he never crossed the line of asking me.

Even though I don’t like to admit it, Dasom’s behavior played a big role in everything getting more like the old times again. While I was just sitting on the stairs the next morning and thinking about everything she suddenly plopped down right next to me and started her teasing.

“Aigoo, our sweet In Gook stayed out veeeeery long last night~”

I just sighed heavily. “What are you trying to get at, Dasom?” I asked, turning slightly to look at her.

She plastered the biggest Cheshire-Cat-Grin I had ever seen on her face “Oh, come on, don’t give me that. I think our In Gook right here” she stopped for a moment to poke me with her finger and then continued “has gotten himself a girlfriend.”

I couldn’t help the disbelieving snort escape me along with a “Yeah right, whatever you say” as I turned back to look ahead.

She couldn’t actually be dense enough to think, that I have a girlfriend, right?

“But why are you looking ahead so blankly? Did you do something to make her angry? Is that why you came back so late? Who is it though? Do I know her? Does Jae Hyun know? How come I haven’t met her yet? I mean, I’m one of your best friends, I wanna know who is going to take care of my cute In Gook later on. Hey~, give me some information here~”

Ok, scratch that. She obviously IS dumb enough to think I have a girlfriend.

While bombarding me with her never ending questions, Dasom suddenly started shaking me and scrunching up my face in an attempt to underline “how cute I am”. It didn’t take too long for me to get completely annoyed at her and start screaming.

“Aish! Shut up! Stop it already! I didn’t make anyone angry! And who said that I had a girlfriend? And why are you laughing?”

Dasom was almost on the floor from laughing so hysterically, but she answered me in between.

“It’s just…it’s written…all over your face…that you got love problems… and you’re still denying it…”

After getting out just that she started to burst out laughing again.

“You…agh, just come here and I’ll show you how 'cute' I am.” I ground out between clenched teeth, already trying to grab her. But Dasom got up faster than I thought she would and before I could catch up with her…

…she hid behind Jae Hyun.

“What’s going on? Why are you chasing Dasom around, In Gook?” he asked, looking at me with his still worried eyes, but not mentioning last night. I shook my head sharply to get the hair out of my eyes and then smiled at him.

“You know, just the usual bickering between the two of us. Dasom teasing me, me chasing her, pretending that I would kick her” I told him while fake-laughing and putting my knee up and down a few times to emphasize my story. But as soon as he turned around to ask her if that was true the smile was wiped off my face and I threw Dasom a death glare.

“I couldn’t help it. He’s just so cute~” she said while reaching around Jae Hyun to touch me again. But before actually reaching me she suddenly stopped and turned to Jae Hyun once more. “But did you know, Oppa?” she asked.

“Did I know what?” Jae Hyun looked at her, confused. I didn’t like where this talk was going.

“Well, that In Gook finally got himself a gi-“

“Aaaaaaah, Dasom! Stop it already with this , or I’ll chase you to the Moon and back!” I called to drown out the rest of her sentence and started chasing after her again. And luckily she started running as well, giggling all the time and screaming “Help! He’s coming, he’s coming!”

And suddenly Jae Hyun started to follow us as well asking “What? In Gook got a what?” all the time.

Even though I was originally angry and annoyed as hell I couldn’t help but to start laughing after some time as well. All of this was just so crazy and childish and…just like the old times, that it made me feel happiness inside I hadn’t felt for some time now. So the three of us ended up just running around the house, laughing like maniacs without even knowing why we started running at all.

When I went to bed again that night I started thinking. I loved Jae Hyun more than anything else. But I also loved Dasom and respected her for being able to hold all of us together, no matter what the situation was. There was no reason for me to listen to her, to like her, to laugh along with her right now. But still she was able to turn that around and pull me into this childish game.

And I thought that if it was Dasom, it was ok to give up on Jae Hyun. I knew her and I knew how happy she could make him. If it was Dasom, my best friend, a part of us Three Musketeers, than I could accept Jae Hyun not being in my arms.

With one last thought on my mind I turned around with a little, maybe slightly sad, smile on my face and fell asleep.

If these two are happy, then I am as well. Even though it’s not the kind of happiness I would wish for, but it’s enough. As long as these two are happy, that’s enough…

A/N: I know, short chapter, but I didn’t want to keep going from here. Love it? Hate it? Please leave me a review~