Always there for you

Please don't...

A/N: *carefully comes out of her hideout* Guys I’m soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the delay! First I wasn’t at home, then I had to write Exams, then my Computer kept crashing down and now I have to write Exams AGAIN…but I’m gonna stop the excuses now and leave you to the new chapter :) enjoy ^^

So after I had cleared my thoughts by walking around for a while I decided to finally go back home. I also hoped that Jae Hyun and Dasom would be already asleep so that I wouldn’t have to face them until the next day. When I reached our house I didn’t even hesitate anymore. I just wanted to fall into my bed, sleep and forget about everything; my love for Jae Hyun, my jealousy towards Dasom and everything else.

But I guess I really didn’t have any luck that night.

After opening the door I already knew that I wouldn’t be able to just go upstairs into my room and sleep. The light in the living room was still , but I couldn’t hear any sounds. Did one of the others fall asleep there? I tried to tiptoe to my room when I suddenly heard a voice.

“Why are you so late? You said you were just going out for a few minutes but it turned out to be a few HOURS. And now you’re not even going to talk to me but just want to quietly go to your room?”

Damn, so it was Jae Hyun who was still in the living room.

“Why are you even still awake? I expected you to be fast asleep by now. Dasom is obviously doing that so why are you sitting here alone at this hour?”

“Don’t try to avoid answering me by asking me a question. What. Took. You. So. Long?”

 OK he’s emphasizing every single word now…it’s getting serious.

“I just met some old friends and went for a drink with them. No need to be so serious. It’s not like you’re my mother. Can I go to my room now, because I’m seriously tired.”

Jae Hyun’s look told me that he didn’t buy anything I said. Seriously, this living lie-detector-thing got on my nerves a lot sometimes. But I couldn’t think of anything better at the moment.I sighed, not really being up for an argument with him right now.

“We both know that’s not the truth and that just makes me more curious about what really happened. Did you meet a girl and had some fun? Or was it something completely else? I’m not gonna let you go until you tell me.”

Jae Hyun sat down on the stairs and therefore blocked my way. I don’t believe this is happening. I was getting really desperate slowly. But then I realized something. Usually Jae Hyun was…well, different when teasing me. But this time there was no power behind his words at all. A little bit like he didn’t really believe what he said himself… No,that doesn’t make any sense. I’m just imagining things again. Back to business, how do I tell him the truth without revealing too much?

Then I had an idea.

“Jae Hyun, I just didn’t want to watch you and Dasom being so lovey-dovey anymore, so I decided it would be best to give you some privacy and disappear for some time. I walked around the area until I thought it would be save to come back. There’s nothing more to it, I swear.”

Not the whole truth but not a lie either. I guess that’s the best I could do without making him even more suspicious or angry. Jae Hyun’s features softened a little bit. But he still didn’t seem completely satisfied.

“At least you told me something. I still think that this isn’t everything, but I’ll let it go for now. Good night, In Gook.”

“Hey, wait a minute!”

Jae Hyun looked at me confused.

“Why? I thought you wanted to go to sleep as fast as possible. And it didn’t really seem like you wanted to talk to me any longer.”

OK he’s right. Why exactly did I stop him? Oh right…

“You still didn’t answer my question. Why were you still awake even though Dasom was already in bed? I think any other couple would use the chance of being alone and not split up just because you wanted to wait for me.”

Without saying anything Jae Hyun just stared at me for a while. It was actually getting kind of scary because I didn’t know what he was thinking at all. But then he finally answered me.

“Right after you were gone we did use the opportunity of being alone. But I started worrying because you were gone for such a long time. At first I wanted to go out and search for you, but then Dasom reassured me that you’d be alright. She said that you were old enough to take care of yourself, so I decided to wait for you here. Dasom stayed with me, but she fell asleep after a while only to wake up and fall asleep again so I told her to go to sleep already. That’s why I was alone when you came back. Is that enough of an explanation for you?”

Huh. That actually sounded pretty convincing. We had always been easily worried about each other since our childhood, and the other stuff didn’t seem unusual either.

“Alright, then I’ll see you tomorrow I guess. Good night.”

I wanted to go past Jae Hyun when he suddenly stopped me once more.

“I know that you didn’t tell me everything earlier, but as I said I will let it go for now. But you should know that you can tell me everything. I’ve always been there for you and I always will be, no matter what.”

“I know, thank you. But I’m not ready to tell you yet. Please just wait a while longer…”

“Sure. See you tomorrow, In Gook.”

With that said he smiled at me one last time and we went to our rooms. I was so exhausted from everything that I fell asleep immediately. It was a dark, dreamless sleep, but it was still kind of relaxing, because during that time I didn’t have to think or feel anything. I could just give myself to this numb darkness.

A/N: what do you think? Good, bad or something in between? Let me know what you think in the comments :D see you soon~