The Other Girl (His Side)

A Love At First Bite [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~

"You didn't ask for her number!" V gasped in shock; overreacting a little too much as Jimin quickly turned to glare at him, without realizing that someone was waiting for him to look away. Jimin didn't have time to even protest as his phone instantly disappeared from his hand as Suga swiftly took a look through his phone.

"Well, Jimin wasn't lying. Definitely NOT his wife." The young male peered over at his phone in Suga's hand, wondering why everyone besides V who was still sitting next to him suddenly had eyes the size of saucers.

"You're already cheating?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Beyond confused; the young male had no idea what was going on at that moment. The air around him grew awfully quiet as everyone's eyes landed upon him and if looks could kill; this would be Jimin's record breaking second time of dying in less than 10 minutes since he had arrived back at their dorm.

"What are you guys talking about?" V had abruptly gotten up from his seat next to Jimin, walking on over to see for himself and much like everyone elses reaction; his eyes too immediately grew twice in size. But there was something different in the way V had suddenly looked over at Jimin; doing a slight double take before speaking up once again in a somewhat disappointed tone.

"Why are you still talking to her?" V was the only one in that room who knew everything about Jimin because that's what best friends are for. But right at that moment, he had somehow questioned their friendship as he had no idea that Jimin was still talking to her.

"Wh...what?" The young male had managed to stumble over just one simple word as he was trying to process what had been asked of him. Just a second ago he had no clue who had even texted him but when V's words rang through his ears at that exact moment, he automatically knew it was her.  

"Wait a minute, is there something that you know; that we don't?" Being one of the oldest hyungs there, Suga was quick to break the awkward tension that was surfacing through the air around them as he pointed and glanced back and forth from V to Jimin; trying to figure out what V was talking about. 

"I thought you stopped talking to her after she rejected you? Why is she texting you all of a sudden now?" V wasn't purposely ignoring Suga, at that time though he had just felt a strange need to get an answer from Jimin and he wasn't going to back down until he had gotten one. V knew all too well, that Jimin obviously was still talking to her or else she wouldn't have bothered texting him at all and as a good caring friend, he had the every right to be concerned on such a matter.   

"You got rejected?!" From the maknae to the eldest hyung, everyone was somehow shocked to hear the sudden revelation that had just came out from V's mouth.

Muted, for the first time BTS's Park Jimin felt like there wasn't a single thing he could possibly say at that point in time to get out of the current situation that came crashing down on him. Even though he knew better, he couldn't help but to put the blame on V, who had blurted out something that he didn't want to ever be revealed to anyone. He hadn't told a single soul aside from V, who had helped him through it without asking anything. It was a painful memory that he had tried so hard to erase from his mind but no matter how hard he fought it, that memory quickly flooded back into his thoughts, leaving his heart with a reopened wound.

"When did you even start talking to her? Wait, is that why you disappear sometimes without telling us where you're going? No wonder those rumors sta...." Rumors don't just spread without some truth behind it and being the smarter one; Rap Monster had put two and two together. As the leader, he felt a bit dissatisfied that Jimin didn't tell him anything about this matter as his voice hitched with a tint of anger. He was disappointed in Jimin for not only keeping it a secret but meeting with another idol could cause a big uproar and he could have gotten himself into some trouble. Even before Rap Monster had the chance to complete his statement, Jimin had unexpectedly came charging at them.  

"Give me that. It's none of your businesses who I talk to." For the first time Jimin had lost his cool and spoke to the hyungs informally without a warning. He was never the type to be disrespectful but he couldn't hold it in any longer and in a blink of an eye, Jimin had managed to snatch back his phone from Suga's loose grip. Even though his voice stayed in a monotone there was a slight tint of anger swirling through his words as he returned to his seat, not wanting to deal with this sudden confrontation he was having with s.

"Yah, it is our business. If you get caught and people have proof, not only are you screwed but so are we! I don't care if you talk to her but meeting up with a female idol outside of work isn't smart Jimin. You of all people should know that. And now that you're on We Got Married, you definitely can't do that."  Being a leader wasn't easy and he honestly didn't like to lecture anyone about their personal lives. But being a part of this team meant; he had to look out for them as a whole. Rap Monster was only trying to do his job as he walked over to Jimin feeling a bit frustrated as his words spewed out at the younger one.

"Yeah Jiminie, be good and don't hurt our cute little sister-in-law~" J-Hope found himself approaching the young male, feeling that he needed to lighten the atmosphere and so he made a teasing joke. Instead of getting a good reaction, Jimin simply turned to narrow his eyes at him as he shrugged J-Hope's arm off his shoulder the moment it landed on him without giving it a second thought.

"I agree. Don't be one of those cheating husbands, hyung~" Sensing that Jimin wasn't in the brightest of moods, Jungkook also tried to make Jimin feel better. Just like J-Hope, Jungkook loves to play around with Jimin even when he's down in the dumps and his way of “better” was definitely questionable.  
 
"What?! Why do you guys keep saying that?!  I'm not cheating on anyone!!!" Jimin could feel his blood pressure rising as he shot up from his siting position, glaring daggers at the one and only maknae. He couldn’t seem to understand any of their logic right at that moment as he heard another familiar voice taunting him with another irrational statement.

"You're talking to another girl when you just got married, technically that's called cheating." Suga was the owner of that piercing voice that had suddenly made the young male cringe with even more anger.

"WE"RE NOT REALLY MARRIED! Oh my god, seriously what the heck is wrong with you guys?!" Jimin could no longer be in that room, he needed to get out of there and without any hesitation he simply left. The walls shook from Jimin slamming the front door shut as the whole entire apartment went dead silent in a matter of seconds. Everyone glanced back and forth at one another, knowing that they had gone a bit overboard with their teasing and started to feel guilty.

Outside of the apartment, the young male didn't know what state of mind he was really in. He had left without a word, even forgetting to put on some shoes as he wandered aimlessly with just a pair of socks on his two feet making his way down the vacant hallway. It was a scene that he was quite familiar with; even though they haven't been living there for that long, Jimin knew he could find his way back with just a simple blindfold on. His steady pace slowly came to a stand still as he ended up at the rooftop entrance just moments later.

The cold breeze hit dangerously onto his warm bare skin as he pushed open the door revealing the breathtaking view of the dark nights' sky. It was chillier than most nights, probably due to his lack of proper attire as a shiver was inevitable for him to fight back. Inhaling the fresh air somehow calmed him and even if he was cold, it felt somewhat therapeutic as the wind blew lightly through his hair. Time had stood still the very moment he looked up, seeing all the visible stars in the nights' sky. He wondered how something so beautiful could never be reached and at that moment, he thought of her. She was someone so close yet so far out of his reach, that it hurt.

Her. The girl who had stolen his innocent heart and yet along the way had somehow managed to shatter it into billions of pieces. It was by chance that he had ran into her on that day, while rushing towards the stage as s were all waiting for him to start recording for one of their music show performances. That day was a little over a year ago when he had first met her and honestly their relationship had started off being nothing more than a platonic friendship. It was a friendship that he had kept secret from everyone, including his 6 members because it was something that the two of them could share with just each other. She was just a friend to him, up until recently though did his heart start to waver towards her in a romantic sense. When the dating rumors started to spread about them during the ending months of 2013; it was nothing more than just a rumor and neither of them thought much on the matter. After that incident, they've only hung out in person a handful of times because they both knew the risk of getting caught. The great outcome of them not being able to see each other often had given him the chance to get to know her better by simply talking to her. Just by talking, that's how he came to fall in love with her. He simply loved her quirky personality and how happy he could feel with just a simple good morning/goodnight message from her. She had become someone very dear to him because they shared a lot of the same interest and being in the same industry, it was easy to talk to her about what he was going through on a daily bases. But he made the biggest mistake of his life one a week and a half ago when he had irrationally told her that he had liked her as more than just a friend. At that time, there was only one person who was there to pick him up when he had suddenly found himself utterly heart broken when she had told him that he was just like an older brother to her. He had finally built up enough courage to ask her to be his girlfriend and yet she easily stated without any hesitation whatsoever, "Let's just be the best of friends, oppa and besides; you're like an older brother that I never had.". He had sneaked away from s that day to find her and without knowing, his best friend had witnessed everything that had happened to him.


"Why are you still talking to her?"

"I thought you stopped talking to her after she rejected you? Why is she texting you all of a sudden now?"


The young male couldn't stop gazing up entrancingly at the unobtainable stars in the pitch black nights' sky as he too wanted an explanation from himself. To be honest, thinking back on it; V had absolutely every right to be unhappy with him at that moment. As a close friend, he knew that V had asked the daunting question; "why" because V was there the night that he had gotten his heart broken by her. But truthfully, the young male had not yet thought of the proper answer to give because he simply didn't know why either. More than him liking her, it was safe to say that they had become close. It was a habit that he had gotten used to, so much so that he couldn't just end things with her. It would have been cruel on her and cruel for himself to be the one inflicting such a thing. It was hard enough trying to ignore her for the first few days after his failed confession but like an addiction, he quickly caved without having a say on the matter. He knew all too well that it wouldn't do him any good but he still found himself wanting to talk to her. He had pushed all his feelings aside, pretending like nothing had ever happened and stayed by her as just a friend. They were just friends and he knew that but somehow seeing the disappointed look in V's eyes just moments ago had made him regret ever talking to her again. He could instantly feel the coldness give way against his own body as a strong gust of wind harshly collided onto his lightly clothed self. He knew what he shouldn't do at that moment but it was already too late as he held up his phone, still tightly in his grasp and checked the contents of the message that had gotten him into this huge horrific mess.

Hayoungie: Oppa, are you busy now? Wanna go eat with me~ ^^ 12:37 AM

Hayoungie: :( I guess you went to bed already. Sweet dreams oppa (-.-)zzZ 12:53 AM

It was a habit that he found was hard to rid himself of as a small smile appeared onto his dried, windstrucked, cracked lips upon reading the messages that he had received from her. At that moment, he knew better than anyone on how he should be feeling but no matter how much hurt he still had lingering within him, he couldn't disregard the warm and happy sensation that had suddenly crept inside of his pounding heart. He knew better than to think anything of it, especially when he was the one who had asked her the day before if she was free to hang out. She was simply responding to his question but why was his heart reacting in such a way, like a glint of hope was dragging him for a world winning ride. Oh Hayoung. A-Pink's, Oh Hayoung was just like the stars shinning down on him in the mist of the dark nights' sky at that very moment in time. She was along the lines of something that he could never fully reach because of how she saw him as only just a friend, as an older brother. Even when he was more than pleased to know that she indeed wanted to have dinner with him, he knew that nothing good would come out of it in the long run; he really did. The young male drew in another deep breath as his body lightly shook once again due to the coolness of the chilled air surrounding him. He suddenly lost all sense of awareness as his tired eyes clasp shut, not wanting to face the reality that he was thrown into.  A lot had happened to him within the past few hours but he most definitely didn't want to think about any of it right now.

"You know, normal people walk out of the house with shoes and a jacket, right?" Feeling the sudden warmth taking over his upper body, the young male was unaware that someone had quietly appeared behind him just a minute ago. The familiar voice of his one and only best friend had echoed lightly through the dark nighs' air, instantly making him feel a sense of eas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter