Chapter 2

When Two Worlds Collide

"What? Why?" Hien whines while the boys have their photos taken.

"Because I'm trying to be professional and not make a fool of myself," I crossed my arms.

"Scared you'll start drooling over 'Kai oppa,' your precious love?" Hien pursed her lips and leaned forward, teasing me.

"Shut up! I would not!" I shook my head, still refusing to look at the EXO members.

"Sure you wouldn't," she rolled her eyes.

"Fine! I'll prove it!" I huffed before turning around. I immediately found Kai with no problem but when I saw that he was looking in this direction, I swiveled around.

"You're proving what exactly? How much of a spaz you are?" Hien cocked an eyebrow before I hit her shoulder.

"He was looking over here! How am I supposed to look at him if he's looking?"

"It's a little something called 'Eye Contact', Kai. You need to maintain a little with him if you really want to be professional! Besides, you can just pretend that you were looking at everyone," she shrugged.

I gasped. "That's a great idea!" After turning around, I looked at everyone slowly before getting to Kai and dropping my jaw.

"That's attractive," Hien snickered from behind me and then turned me back to her and closing my mouth. "And so close to drooling!"

"I didn't!"

"I never said you did! I just said you were close to it!"

"No I wasn't!"

"You didn't what?" Ari's voice came from behind me. I almost screamed before Hien clamped a hand over my mouth. I whipped around and glared at him as he smirked devilishly.

"So what am I missing?" Ari asked again.

"Why aren't you taking pictures?" I steered away from the topic.

"We're on break. Now tell me what you didn't do! I'm curious!"

"Well, you can explain to him! I'm off to prepare for the next break!" Hien smacked my shoulder and then walked away. I glared at her retreating back before giving a sigh.

"Come on! You know you want to!" Ari grabbed my shoulders and led me to his chair, sitting me down, and standing in front of me with his arms crossed. When I explained the whole situation where Hien just wanted to tease me some more, Ari chuckled and then left.

"Ari!" I threw my hands up and he turned and shrugged, continuing to walk away. I huffed and sat back in the seat, closing my eyes and lifting my head towards the ceiling. How could I possibly embarrass myself even more in front of EXO? 

"Excuse me?" a voice asked from behind me. I turned around to look at my second bias, Lay and then in a fit of surprise, I flailed and tipped the chair backwards, causing both me and the chair to fall over. Laughter erupted from those nearby us and I pushed my hair out of my face and behind my head, frowning.

I guess I spoke too soon. And it just had to be in front of one of my biases too. 

"Are you okay?" Lay crouched in front of me and despite the fact that I knew my face was flushed, I still looked up at him anyway.

"Ahaha! Yeah! I'm fine! Clumsy me!" I tried to laugh it off and he smiled, causing his dimples to appear. I took a sharp intake of breath before trying to straightened myself and the chair up. Lay moved around me to help me up by lifting me and then we both lifted the chair together.

"It's okay if you're nervous. We've never worked together," he pointed out. I felt that he was really just making an excuse for me.

"That's true. However, I've conducted myself in a unprofessional form so I should apologize for my behavior as well. I can assure you-"

"Wait. Can you say all of that again? Except this time, you don't have to be so polite."

I froze for a second before blinking a few times and nodding. "I've been really embarrassing myself in front of everyone, although it's not my fault and Hien and Ari started it. I'm not usually this clumsy though, but could you bare with me for the time being?"

Lay's smile came back and I felt a warm feeling at being able to talk to him properly.

"Lets start over. I'm Umemoto Kai," I stuck my hand out to him and he took it gently.

"I'm Zhang Yixing."

"Oh? Are you telling me to call you by your real name or am I just jumping to conclusions?"

"My real name is fine," he laughed. I smiled awkwardly and gave a curt nod.

"Oh? Holding hands I see!" another voice came from the side of us and we instantly let go of the other. I turned to find Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen standing there.

"Oh, hello," I started to bow before La- er Yixing, stopped me by putting his hand on my arm. When he shook his head, I knew he wanted me to be informal to them as well.

"Hi!" Chen waved with a smile.

"Hey," I awkwardly waved back.

"You're so stiff!" Baekhyun poked my arm. I jolted and looked from where he poked me to him with wide eyes.

"Your face says 'Did you just poke me?'," Chanyeol said in a high pitched voice.

"I don't sound like that!" I whined, frowning.

"She's so cute!" Chen lunged forward and pinched my cheeks. I groaned and pushed his hands away from me but he kept coming back for them.

"Stop it! And why are you talking as if I'm not here?" I resorted to smacking his hand and he winced before pulling it back. Yixing, Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst out laughing while Chen pouted.

"You hit hard," Chen mumbled and I laughed.

"It's because I needed something to keep me safe from people like you. Cheek pinchers these days," I rolled my eyes dramatically and they laughed again.

"Tell me about it," Chanyeol huffed.

"Well, when you puff up your cheeks like that, how can I resist?" Chen throws his hands up. Luhan, who had been walking by us, chuckled and pat his shoulder.

"Stop pinching people's cheeks without permission, Jongdae," Luhan said before continuing on wherever he was headed.

"Yeah!" Chanyeol and I both said.

"Jinx!" he pushed me over in his fit of happiness and I slid a bit against the floor.

"Oppa!" I gaped at him.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" he reached out to me and pulled me up when I took his hand.

"Why is Kai on the floor so much?" a very familiar voice asked. I couldn't decided whether I wanted him to join us or not.

"It's Chanyeol's fault," Yixing said casually, throwing Chanyeol under the bus.

"Yah! I said I was sorry!" Chanyeol growled.

"Be careful, hyung. Kai's a girl, so you can't treat her so roughly."

"I know."

"Kai scolding Chanyeol, that's funny," Xiumin said from nearby with a tiny chuckle.

"Huh?" I cocked my head to the side and then laughed at myself.

"No, I actually meant the other Kai. Sorry."

"Of course. I'm sorry, I'm not used to that yet," I shook my head and told myself off in my head for being so stupid.

I'm not going to stop embarrassing myself, am I? 

"I guess since we're both 'Kai', we can all just call me by my actual name," Kai said to me.

"Is that okay? I'm already supposed to call Lay-"

"Yixing!"

"Yixing, excuse me, by his name."

"You should call me by my name too," Chanyeol said.

"I already call you Chanyeol though," I frowned.

"Exactly! And you do the same to Luhan and Baekhyun too, so it doesn't really matter. You can call any of us by our real names," Chanyeol pat my head.

"Can you not do that?" I asked shyly. It wasn't that I didn't like it, but it made me feel flustered when my idol touched me.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

"It must be a bit hard for you though, being surrounded by this many guys at once," Xiumin said.

"Um, I guess? I don't mind too much, it is bound to happen at some point," I shrugged.

"Oh? This happens a lot?" Baekhyun's suggestive look made my eyes widen.

"No! That's not what I meant! I meant because it's part of my job! Except that this also happens with girls too."

"Aw, so you're not popular with guys?" Kai, no, Jongin teasingly pouted.

"I never said that."

"So you are?"

"I don't think so. It's not like I get approached a lot. But I don't really go out either."

"What? How can someone as pretty as you not leave their house frequently?" Baekhyun fumed.

"You think I'm pretty?" I sighed happily.

"Well, yeah. I mean, everyone can see that," he scoffed as if I asked a stupid question.

"But I'm mostly at my neighbor's place, so I don't stay in my house a lot either."

"Oh? Why don't you and your neighbor go to other places together then? What the heck is wrong with you two?" A few of the guys started laughing at his disapproval of my social life.

"I guess we could. Although I think people might mistake us as a couple if we did."

"Wait, your neighbor is a guy?" Chen asked.

"Yep! Yo Jaewook. He's awesome and he's my best friend," I smiled proudly.

"Do you have a crush on him, Kai?" Chanyeol wrapped an arm around my shoulders and gave me a suggestive little smirk.

"No."

"Wow that was a quick response. Now I can't make jokes about it," he frowned and let me go.

"Hehe, good."

"So we get to touch Kai freely now?" Luhan's voice came from behind me and then I was wrapped in a pair of arms.

"Luhan oppa?" I gasped and turned my head a bit to see him bury his face in my shoulder and hair.

He's back hugging me! Omo! What do I do?! My heart feels like it's going to explode! 

"When did you two get so close?" Chanyeol asked teasingly.

"I could ask the same to you," Luhan looked up at him and then smiled at me sweetly. "It's okay, right?"

"A-ah. I guess it's fine for now," I looked down at the ground with flushed cheeks.

"Aw! You're so cute when you blush!" Baekhyun clenched his fists in front of his face and shook his whole body.

"Are you a worm?" I back. Luhan lets me go and stands next to me.

"Revenge," Jongin says and everyone laughs.

"She's going to get you two back for everything you do," Chen points at Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"I didn't do anything," Baekhyun pouts.

"Me either," Chanyeol mimics him and Baekhyun goes to hit him, making him run around Chen to get away.

"Park Chanyeol! Get over here!" Baekhyun yells when Chanyeol runs away.

"Did Chanyeol squeal when he ran away?" Xiumin snorts with laughter.

"Like a little piggy, yes," I nod.

"If only they could have heard that," Luhan laughs and shakes his head.