005

Summer Colors

"Woo Bin-ah," Jong Suk's voice wavers with un-shed tears, "please just talk to me. Look at me, yell at me. DO SOMETHING."

 

"Like what Jong Suk. I'm just tired. I don't really know what to do at this point. You clearly told me you’re sick of the relationship. Is there a response I should be giving to that," Woo Bin's replies weakly. He drops onto the couch like sitting properly would be to exhausting and closes his eyes leaning his head back.

 

Woo Bin is at a loss for what to do or say. How could Jong Suk keep something so big from him? How could he think his odd behavior was Jong Suk wanting to move in together?

 

"I'm so stupid," Woo Bin mumbles.

 

Jong Suk marches around the couch and sits down next to Woo Bin grabbing his hand. Woo Bin doesn't have the strength to move it from his grasp so he just lets it go limp.

 

"Why are you stupid? It's not your fault. And apparently it's common for couples to go through phases like this. We can get through it."

 

"What's there to get through," Woo Bin asks, "how do you fix something that isn't broken just not quite right?"

 

"I don't know. We find ways to spice it up. I'm here for the long run, Bin."

 

"Long run? That's why you were considering going out with In Guk Sunbae at dinner on Thursday," Woo Bin scoffs.

 

"What the gave you that idea," Jong Suk exclaims.

 

"I don't know. How ing weird you were acting that night coupled with the fact that he flat out told me he asked you out?"

 

"I was acting weird because I was debating whether or not to tell you how I feel. Way to make me know how much you think of me. Do you really think I would throw away what we've been through just because it's gotten a little stale and someone else asked me out?"

 

"Yes...No. I don't know. How am I supposed to know anything if you don't communicate with me? Don't turn this around on me."

 

Jong Suk sighs and rubs his forehead leaning back into the couch. He feels like they're talking in circles not really getting anywhere with the conversation.

 

"Woo Bin-ah," Jong Suk's voice is low and tired, "I love you. I would do anything for you. I wanted to figure this out on my own because it's just me being weird and I didn't want to make you worry about our relationship because I see it as a permanent thing. Sure, I thought In Guk is handsome. But just because a guy is good looking doesn't mean I'm going to turn away from you. Just remember that, I guess. I'll leave now so you can think or something."

 

Jong Suk sighs and stands up walking past Woo Bin and around the couch. Woo Bin reaches out and grabs Jong Suk's wrist.

 

"You know that's the first time you've said that," Woo Bin states.

 

"Said what?"

 

"That you love me. That's the first time I've heard those words from your mouth and it's out of desperation."

 

"Just because it's out of desperation doesn't make them any less true. I never said them because I thought my actions spoke loud enough. I guess not."

 

Jong Suk tries to walk away but Woo Bin's grip tightens, "Don't leave."

 

Jong Suk looks down at Woo Bin but Woo Bin stands and pulls Jong Suk in front of him so they are face to face.

 

"I love you, too. I don't want to ruin whatever we have. And if we have to fight to make it work so be it."

 

Jong Suk's eyes start burning again. He hugs Woo Bin close trying hard not to let the tears fall. He pulls back slight to look at Woo Bin's face and his voice cracks when he says, "I love you so much."

 

Woo Bin smiles, "I know. We'll figure this out right?"

 

Jong Suk nods and looks at the clock, "It's 10am. Is it still too late to go on that day trip date you had planned?"

 

"No," Woo Bin shakes his head, "But..."

 

"But what?"

 

"I left the rental car at your place," Woo Bin grins and rubs the back of his neck.

 

"It's not like it's that far. Come on," Jong Suk grabs his hand and pulls him out of the apartment.

 

"But we can't just act like everything is fixed," Woo Bin says stopping in his tracks.

 

"No. It's not. But it's also not falling apart and who knows maybe a date like this and more could be just what we needed. Speaking of the date, I still have no idea what we're doing."

 

Woo Bin smiles, "And we're going to keep it that way til we get there."

 

It feels almost as if nothing has changed as they laugh and walk to the car but there are small silences where Jong Suk can feel Woo Bin's worry push into the mood both on the walk to the car and during the ride to the place. When the heavy silence weighted with Woo Bin's thoughts is too much to bare, Jong Suk grabs Woo Bin's hand and squeezes it reassuringly and brings up a trivial topic to hold them over until the silence encroaches again.

 

It takes them an hour to get to the destination but it feels so much longer than that. It's north of the city and Jong Suk is excited when they pull into the parking lot.

 

"The date is at 6 Flags," Jong Suk asks, "I love amusement parks!"

 

"I'm glad," Woo Bin smiles and pays for parking before going further into the lot to find a parking spot. They have to park all the way in the back because of how crowded it is and how late they got there but the clouds look like they're threatening to open up and downpour so there are quite a few people leaving which makes Jong Suk more hopeful.

 

"This is perfect, Woo Bin-ah," Jong Suk states getting out of the rental car, a small SUV, and walking around to the back.

 

"Wait before we go in," Woo Bin says and opens the trunk, "I prepared a picnic. We can sit in the back and eat before we head in so we aren't tempted to buy the overpriced food here."

 

"How do you know it's expensive?"

 

"I looked into it. I thought we could eat good fair food but there's nothing under $6 and I can't justify that," Woo Bin says sheepishly.

 

"Neither can I, bring on the yummy picnic my love made!"

 

Woo Bin smiles, "You're so cheesy."

 

"You love it," Jong Suk replies.

 

Jong Suk eats quickly too excited for the actual rides to try and savor the food. Woo Bin laughs at him and scarfs the rest of his sandwich and chips down so Jong Suk doesn't have to wait long.

 

He's nearly jumping with excitement as they walk to the entrance. Jong Suk sees the line to buy tickets and his excitement immediately dies.

 

"What," Woo Bin questions.

 

Jong Suk just points despondently at the line. Woo Bin grins and holds up two pieces of paper, "I bought the tickets online already. Come on."

 

Woo Bin pulls Jong Suk to an equally long line entering the park but it moves more quickly than the ticket lines do.

 

When they finally enter the park, Jong Suk doesn't know which direction to first. He wants to go towards the bright red ride on his left but he can also see the infamous Superman ride on his right. Jong Suk breaks into a slight jog as he heads to his right.

 

"Slow down, we have all day, Sukkie."

 

"Sorry, I'm just really excited."

 

Much to Jong Suk's dismay the skies decide to open up and down pour as they walk to the first ride. Between the Merry-Go-Round and The Superman, a whole 5 minute walk tops, the park has stopped rides for the time being.

 

Woo Bin pulls a pouting Jong Suk under an awning. He folds his arms and glares at the sky. Woo Bin laughs and pulls Jong Suk into a back hug watching the rain.

 

"Yah. Cheer up, at least if it stops raining people will have left and the ride lines will be shorter."

 

"I guess," Jong Suk continues pouting.

 

The rain doesn't stop for another 45 minutes but it does stop. The park has all but cleared out when the rides start back up and the couple are able to get on all the rides as many times as they want since most of them have no more than a half an hour wait and that was only the really popular ones. The return to the car at around 8:30 completely spent but entirely too content with how the day is turning out compared to how it started.

____________________________

A/N: So this was more fluffy. Well angst to fluff. Next chapter is last. I decided I wanted to keep with the theme of having 6 chapters for each installment. I'm hoping to post that chapter in the next 24 hours or so (probably sooner I'm going to start it right now) so be on the look out.