004

Summer Colors

Woo Bin's heart jumps into his throat at the site of Jong Suk leaning over In Guk. Jong Suk looks up, startled, and Woo Bin can see the surprise in his eyes.

 

"J-Jong Suk. What? I don't understand," Woo Bin stutters. He drops to the floor too stunned to even hold his own weight up.

 

"Woo Bin. It's not what you think I promise. Nothing happened."

 

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? It just makes it sound like you wanted something to happen."

 

Woo Bin is utterly dejected. He knows he kissed that girl but they communicated and Woo Bin thought Jong Suk was over. He thought that Jong Suk loved him just as much as he loved Jong Suk.

 

In Guk stands up and squats in front of Woo Bin, "Seriously Woob. It wasn't like that. We got drunk and came here to watch indie movies and sleep it off. I was being a whiny baby. You know how I am when I'm hung over. Seriously don't worry about it."

 

"In Guk, that doesn't ing help," Woo Bin's enraged. He pushes In Guk over, stands up, and storms out of the apartment.

 

"Woo Bin," Jong Suk calls and goes to chase after him. In Guk grabs his wrist and pulls him back shutting the door.

 

"Let him go cool off. He'll understand," In Guk pats his shoulder. Jong Suk shrugs off the gesture.

 

"God I'm so stupid. I've been feeling like the relationship has been getting boring, I shouldn't have allowed this to happen. I should have left when Woo Bin left yesterday."

 

"Yah. Don't beat yourself up over it. Wait, what? Boring?"

 

"Yea. I don't know," Jong Suk slumps onto the back of the couch, "I guess I've just been feeling like our relationship is getting stale. It's not going anywhere."

 

In Guk stares at Jong Suk in disbelief, "The way Woo Bin makes it sound, you guys are always doing something fun and exciting."

 

"We were. At first. But we've fallen into a rut, I guess."

 

"Have you talked to him about it?"

 

"That's the thing. I can't bring myself to. I don't want him to get the wrong idea."

 

"Which is?"

 

"That I want to break up. I don't but I can't help how I'm feeling. I just..."

 

"Alright mister. Here's what we're going to do. You're going to shower first because you reek of alcohol, then you're going to go find Woo Bin. Tell him everything you told me and work it the out."

 

"But-"

 

"You love him don't you? It's kind of obvious. Not going to lie."

 

Jong Suk just nods looking away from In Guk.

 

"Then do as I tell you. I may not have known you very long, or Woo Bin for that matter, but you guys are obviously in love. I saw it yesterday. Things like this happen in relationships. You just have to work through it."

 

Jong Suk smiles at In Guk, "Thanks."

 

"Go. Go get in the shower. And make it snappy."

 

"Aye, aye, captain," Jong Suk teases though the humor doesn't come across in his voice. He takes the quickest shower of his life and nearly ran out the door. In Guk let himself out while Jong Suk was showering and Jong Suk makes a mental note to thank him later somehow.

 

Jong Suk tries Woo Bin's house first in hopes that the other went home to let off steam but he's not there. Jong Suk runs around the city looking for him. The Korean restaurant they first ate at, the park where the ice skated, Woo Bin's agency, and even the cafe they first officially met at. None of which turned up the man he so desperately wanted to see.

 

As a last resort, Jong Suk boards the train. He walks from the very last car up sweeping his eyes across the rows and he finally sees the familiar black, coiffed hair of Woo Bin. He slowly walks up and sits down next to him leaning forward so he can look at Woo Bin's face.

 

"Woo Bin-ah," Jong Suk calls softly, "Look at me. Please?"

 

Woo Bin sighs and turns his head slightly eyes looking just the left of Jong Suk's face. Jong Suk assumes he deserves this and he'll take what he can get.

 

"I promise it was nothing like that. We'd both just woken up. Please don't be mad. I do have something I have to tell you," Jong Suk speaks softly. He doesn't want to startle Woo Bin.

 

"Get on with it," Woo Bin replies impatiently.

 

Jong Suk takes a deep breath to steady himself, "I admit that I've been feeling like our relationship has gotten boring. That's why I've been acting weird. I didn't want to tell you. You're always so enthusiastic about us and I need you. I don't want to hurt you. I figured it was just something I could push through. But I promise I was never even thinking of cheating on you. And I definitely haven't."

 

Jong Suk takes another deep breath and looks away from Woo Bin. This is a lot harder than he had imagined it would be while he was searching for Woo Bin. He can just hope Woo Bin believes him.

 

"What the , Jong Suk," Woo Bin says not even making an attempt to keep quiet. That was not the response Jong Suk was expecting. He looks back at Woo Bin completely startled. The older man looks angry and hurt. It breaks Jong Suk's heart to see.

 

"I thought the whole thing we went through in the spring made us learn communication. How could you feel like this and then decide to just not tell me? Did you think I'd break up with you because you said I was boring?"

 

Woo Bin's voice has risen to full volume. Jong Suk looks around the train car at the few people scattered across it mid Saturday morning all of whom are staring at them. It's times like this he's thankful they speak in Korean to each other.

 

"No. I just. I didn't want to upset you over nothing. I still want to be with you. I didn't know how to tell you so I wanted to just try to deal with it. In Guk talked me into telling you. He said things like this are normal in relationships and we should be able to work through it but communication is key."

 

"So you'll take In Guk's advice but not mine."

 

"Woo Bin, this is completely different. I was struggling internally to tell you or not. He just helped push it in the right direction. Is it such a bad thing to get advice from a friend?"

 

There arguing must have called the attention of the ticket collectors because two of them are walking down the aisle toward the quarreling couple.

 

"I'm sorry but you guys are causing a disturbance," a man says, "quiet down or I'll have to ask you to exit the train at the next stop."

 

Woo Bin and Jong Suk nod and the interruption ends their argument for the time being as they sit back in silence until they can leave the train. They get off at the next stop and Jong Suk follows Woo Bin to Woo Bin's place like a lost puppy thought Woo Bin refuses to acknowledge him. He wants Woo Bin to cry, to scream, to just do something. The silence is worse than the yelling was.

____________________

A/N: So I haven't decided if the next chapter will be the last or if it will go on to chapter 6. We'll see as I'm writing. Either way, this installment is almost over. Thoughts?