002

Summer Colors

Something's off with Jong Suk. Woo Bin can just tell when they meet up after work Thursday. He's fidgety and quiet, two things Jong Suk has never been unless nervous or upset. 

He reaches across the table of the small restaurant they decided to catch dinner at and catches Jong Suk's drumming fingers.

"Sorry," Jong Suk replies looking down.

"It's fine. But do you want to tell me what's bothering you?"

Jong Suk smiles, "It's just work stuff. A lot of deadlines tomorrow and I don't have as much done as I want."

Woo Bin isn't quite convinced but he can't think of a reason Jong Suk would lie to him. So he shrugs it off and tries to distract the other.

"Are you ready for our trip this weekend? It's just a day trip so you don't need to bring anything okay?"

"I'm really excited," Jong Suk's smile widens, becomes a little more real, "I'm happy we're changing things up."

"Me too. I think you'll really enjoy it. Have you come up with any guesses so far? Not saying I'll tell you."

Jong Suk leans back on his side of the booth and his imaginary beard, "Hmmm. The Botanic Gardens?"

"That's a good idea. But no," Woo Bin laughs, "I'll give you two more chances. If you guess it right I'll tell you."

"Asa," Jong Suk remarks rubbing his hands together and hunching over himself to try and concentrate, "A boat ride around Lake Michigan."

"That's not really a trip, it's an activity. Last chance?"

"I really have no clue. It's not like you've been dropping hints. What about a water park?"

"Annddd three strikes, you're out," Woo Bin smiles, "I guess you really will have to be surprised. I was hoping you'd guess. I'm kind of going crazy keeping a secret from you."

Woo Bin notices Jong Suk's smile falter but it was such a fast recovery Woo Bin has a hard time believing it was real. Before he can question Jong Suk there food arrives and he's distracted forgetting all about it. It's Woo Bin's turn to walk Jong Suk home and he does leaving him with a kiss on his doorstep before heading back to his own apartment.

Jong Suk moved closer to Woo Bin earlier in the summer. He stated his lease was up on his studio and he was unhappy but Woo Bin thinks there's ulterior motives since he now has a two bedroom. Woo Bin smiles happily. Maybe the younger is nervous because he wants to ask Woo Bin to move in with him? 

Woo Bin feels delirious with the thought and let's his mind wander with it. He'll wait for Jong Suk to work up the courage. He's certain that's why Jong Suk was acting weird now that he thinks about it. It would be a pretty nerve-wracking thing to do. 

He goes home and dreams of a happy domestic life with Jong Suk. When he wakes up he got the most refreshing sleep he's had in months and he heads to his photo shoot with a lot more bounce in his step. He arrives on set and happily greets everyone before finding the hair and makeup area.

"Woo Bin-Ah," he hears just seconds before someone drapes themselves over his shoulders, "I met the cutest guy yesterday!"

"Ah. Hyung. You're not even tall enough to lean on me, get off," Woo Bin teases knowing the other model's height is a sore spot. The older man slinks off Woo Bin and turns to stand in front of him.

"Ouch, Woo Bin. You wound me. But about this cute guy."

"Yes, yes. What about the cute guy?"

"He's soooooo cute," his hyung explains.

"We've established that he's cute. Any other info or did you just stare from affair like a creep?"

"Don't judge me if I did. That's how you got your boyfriend, isn't it?"

Woo Bin reddens slightly but doesn't say anything.

"But okay, yes cute! He was at my fashion shoot yesterday. I thought he was a model so I went up to him to talk about the shoot. I think I came on too strong though. He didn't seem to happy with me and I'm pretty sure he made up having a boyfriend to get me off him. But I'm going to change his mind."

"How? Do you even know his name or number?"

"Well. I know his name but not his number. I think I could get his number from the company-"

"In Guk, Woo Bin. Get into hair and make up already," the creative director calls.

In Guk turns and walks towards hair and makeup after linking arms with Woo Bin. 

"So continuing the story, he ushered me off to hair and makeup with the other models after I came on too strong while meeting him. But I made sure to get done super quick so I could talk to him more, right. And when I walked back to where he was he was leaning on this brick building and he definitely should be a model so I took a picture and-"

"Wait you took a picture? Like without his permission? That's a whole new level of creepy," Woo Bin comments.

"Shh. Let me finish. As I was saying, I took a picture and my phone made that fake shutter so he found out. I showed him and said I took it because he looked like a model but he made me delete it. And this whole story leads up to this," In Guk stops abruptly, stopping Woo Bin with him, and pulls out his phone. 

"Isn't he the cutest," In Guk asks holding his phone in front of Woo Bin's face. Woo Bin's mouth runs dry and he can't seem to formulate words. 

"His name is Jong Suk. I'm gonna go to his office later and see if I can get his number."

Woo Bin attempts to respond but the director is calling them again and he's stuck following behind In Guk to get ready. The photo shoot is done quickly and before Woo Bin has a chance to catch In Guk the other is gone. Woo Bin races to get back into street gear before basically running after In Guk towards Jong Suk's work.

How could he compete with In Guk? His personality is a lot more fun and maybe that's why Jong Suk seemed so off. Was Jong Suk considering dumping Woo Bin for In Guk? The question races through his mind on repeat the whole way there.

___________________________________________

A/N: So, surprised at how this is progressing? I am, too. I only had the basic idea for this installment down but I like how it's going. Thoughts?