page nine

Untitled Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

page nine

SIMPLe as this

 

“C’mon Yejin! You’re going to be late.” Mr. Lee hollered from the kitchen. He’s making pancakes for breakfast. The sweet smell surrounds the house, making Yejin’s stomach grumbled in delight. God, just how long has it been since the last time she ate pancakes?

Yejin clutches her grumbling stomach while walking toward the kitchen. “Do we have some syrup?” She asks her father after he hands her a plateful of pancakes.

“Sadly, no. I can make caramel out of sugar, though.”

“No, that’s fine, dad. Thanks.” She flashes a smile at her dad, in which he smiled back at her.

Breakfast was rather quiet, like usual. The two of them ate in silence, while occasionally making small talks. Although some people would think that there’s something wrong, Yejin prefer it this way. After all, action speaks louder than words, right?

“So you got your job at the hotel back? That’s good news!”

Yejin smiles at her dad, is full of pancakes.

Mr. Lee smiles back at her, his hand cutting the pancake into smaller bits. “But how did you get it back? Didn’t they kick you out?”

Yejin stops munching and stares at her half-empty plate. Okay, how should I put this?

 

“Do you remember that guy that paid the hospital bill? Yeah, turns out he’s a multi-billionaire who has some sort of connection with the hotel. How fortunate we are!” She said, smiling happily.

 

No no no that’s not it. Uh…

 

“There’s this guy, dad. A guy who is my boyfriend-”

 

NO!!! Are you crazy?? He’d kill him if I reveal our agreement! Or worse, he might kill himself for thinking that I had sold myself to a multi-billionaire like him!

 

“I don’t know, dad. Maybe the manager got hit on the head and forgot all about it.” She said with a blank expression before taking a bite of pancake.

 

Gosh, what a terrible lie…

 

“Yejin? Are you okay? Why are you spacing out like that?”

She snaps out of trance, not realizing that she had been staring at the plate all this time. She looks up meeting her dad’s worried expression. “No, it’s nothing. Hehe.” She fakes a smile and continues to eat her breakfast, ignoring the look her dad’s giving her.

 

“I’ll be going now!” Yejin shouts from the door while tying her shoes.

“Be careful!”

“You too!” She shouts back before locking the door behind her.

 

[VA – Bossanova (Cinderella’s Sister OST)]

 

 

Since her ankle hasn’t healed properly yet, she decides to go to school by bus. The station isn’t that far from her house, just a couple blocks away. Speaking of transportation, Saturday night, Chanyeol was sharp enough to notice her limping ankle.

 

“What happened to your leg?” He asks, hand still holding her hand.

Looking at her leg and then back at him, she gave a sheepish smile. “It was just a sprain.”

“From work?”

“From PE class, actually.”

For a moment, Chanyeol could only stare in disbelief. The almighty Lee Yejin got injured from PE class?

“Pft! Hahahaha!” Chanyeol covers his mouth to stop himself from laughing too loud. It didn’t really work, though as some of the customers are already looking their way at him. He's not really sure why, but the thought of it makes him laugh.

“Stop it! People are looking this way!” She tried to warn him in a hushed tone. Panic starts to fill up in her, scared that she might get fired the second time for this. Heck, the stupid guy doesn’t even realize it. He was too focused on stopping his laughter.

Urgh I need to stop him before the manager notice. Be professional, Yejin. She clears before speaking in a very formal tone, “Sir, please refrain your voice. You’re disturbing the other customers.” Please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter