page eight

Untitled Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

page eight

apologize

 

Silence; only the clinking sound of ice melting could be heard from the room.

Chanyeol bites his fingernails for the umpteenth time that day. He’s not even sure if he still have some nails left to bite.

A couple of knocks on the door resonances throughout the silent room before the door opens and his secretary steps into the room. She was about to close the door behind her when she suddenly feel the ominous aura coming from where the director is sitting at. Yes, you heard that right, the director’s chair. He got a promotion last time, remember? So just call him Mr. Executive Director from now on. Heck, he even got himself a beautiful, tall secretary that keeps flirting with him every freaking single time.

“Mr. Park? Am I interrupting something?” His modelesque secretary spoke.

She wait for a moment for him to snap from whatever he’s doing, but he’s not responding. He didn’t even move from his position. Seeing her boss like this, she exhales before stepping out of the room. Looks like she’ll have to talk to him later.

 

Chanyeol sighs loudly, his eyes never once leaving the dark screen of his phone. He’s been like this since two nights ago when he realized that he had crossed the line with her. And being the clueless guy he is, he doesn’t know what to do. Come to think of it, he’s been ignoring his work since yesterday. There’s a pile of paperwork on his desk waiting to be read and signed. It’s a good thing that he’s the CEO’s son. Because if he’s not, then he would’ve been fired like, seconds ago.

What the hell am I doing? He asks himself.

What the hell am I waiting for? Why do I keep staring at this black screen all day long?

Chanyeol lets out a grunt as his hands make their way toward his temples and starts massaging them. “Jesus, I need to stop this.” He closes his eyes briefly before opening them again. He takes another look at his phone and stashes it away into the drawer of his desk where he can’t see the device. At least now he won’t feel any more anxious than he already is. Waiting for his phone to receive something from her has taken quite a toll on his eyes and heart. His feet kept tapping restlessly and his eyes have become dry from all that glaring. At least now his body can finally take a rest.

Right. Now, let’s get to work! He has this silly smile plastered on his face while pumping his fist into the air. With a revived spirit, he takes the first set of paperwork and put it in front of him.

Lotte Hotel

Contract Renewal Request

He stares at the letterhead that graces the upper part of the paper. He leans back in his chair, the paper still in his hand. Lotte Hotel… That’s where she works. Oh wait, used to work. He gingerly frowns as he remembers that he’s the cause of her permanent dismissal.

No wonder she hates you. His conscious said.

Chanyeol lets out a sigh. You’re right. I’ve been anything but nice to her. She has every right to hate me. He sighs for the second time. He’s not usually a pessimist, but how can he be an optimist when a certain girl has clearly shown her hatred toward him?

Then fix it.

It took him approximately 80 seconds to process what his conscious just told him. What?

Fix it, you idiot. If you can’t make her like you, then at least stop her from hating you even more.

He blink once, he blink twice. For once his conscious is actually making sense.

Huh. Thanks for the wise advice, conscious. He smiles to himself.

His gaze goes back to the piece of paper he’s holding.

Lotte Hotel

Contract Renewal Request

There was a spark in his head, and he knows that feeling all too well: he’s got an idea.

 

“Are you sure you can go to work like that?” Mr. Lee looks at his daughter with a worried expression on his face.

Yejin walks into the living room, where her father is watching her every move from, with her left leg limping across the white-tiled floor. “I’m fine, dad. It doesn’t hurt that much anymore.” She gave him a look before picking up her backpack on the couch and sling it over her shoulder.

The truth is, she injured her leg during PE class yesterday. They were playing basketball when suddenly she lost her footing and sprained it. As always, her dad freaked out and Jiyul threw some intelligent stuff at her, telling how clumsy she is and bla bla bla… Baekhyun was nice enough to offer her to take her home, but she turned him down.

She turns her back around and could sense her dad’s disapproval look. Oh she better go away fast before he tie her onto her bed so she could always stay safe. “Bye dad. Be right back before you know it. Promise.” She kisses his cheeks before heading out of the house.

 

It didn’t take long for her to reach the restaurant she’s working at. She steps out from the bus, but not before thanking the driver in which he smiled back at her. The door chime makes a pretty sound that reminds her of birds singing like those in cartoons, where the princesses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter