2: First Day of School [Part 1]

Paradise Hills [Fixed]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were currently walking down the road which you knew led to your new school. You had walked out the door of your house at exactly 7.20am after getting ready. Of course you hadn’t been able to escape the house without your grandfather reminding you not to embarrass him in any way and to not act like you’re better than everyone else. Like you would anyway. Your grandfather had this image of you in his head that you were a trouble maker and would do anything to make him look bad, which was not true at all. You had never been in trouble for anything before and you were also always at the top of your class. You believed that your grandfather had these thoughts about you because he had never been close to either you and your parents. He opposed your father marrying your mother as he thought she was not in his league, she didn’t deserve to be a part of the family as she was Japanese and came from a very poor family. However, you father didn’t listen and decided to marry your mother non the less, so your grandfather had cut all contact with his own son and everyone else that had accepted their marriage. That meant that you had had nothing to do with your grandfather at all, except for seeing him on few, very special occasions over the 17 years since you were born.

You arrived at the school gate after only 10 minutes. Your house wasn’t far from the school, but you decided to go early to give yourself a little tour of the place before the first bell rang. And that is exactly what you did. There were very few people there this early. Most of the students would start arriving around 10 minutes before school started so that gave you approximately 20 minutes to explore the run-down hallways, but first you had to find the school office to get your schedule so you would know where to go.

The office wasn’t exactly hard to find. It was just inside the main doors to the right. There was a older lady sitting behind the counter looking just as kind as every other grumpy looking old lady. You could tell she had been in this place a few years too many. That, however did not stop you from walking up to her with confidence and ask her what you came there for. “Excuse me, I’m new here and I was wondering if you could give me my schedule?” you said with a smile to try and lighten the frown on her old face. “My name is Jung Hyejin, and I’m a junior” you told her still keeping a smile placed on your face. She looked at you with disbelief and shock on her face. You could tell that this was the first time in many years, possibly ever, they had anyone transfer to this school. After recovering from the mild shock she turned away without saying a word and started looking through some files in a cabinet behind her. After a minute or two she turned back to you with a fake smile on her face. “Here you are, Miss Jung”, she gave you the schedule, “must be difficult moving to such a secluded place after living in a big city all your life” she continued while looking at you with judging eyes. Why she was judging you, you did not know, but the look in her eyes was clear as day. “Oh well. I hope you enjoy your time here in Paradise Hills, and try not to cause too much trouble while you’re here” she ended the conversation on that note and just turned away before you could even say a word. ‘Weird’ you thought to yourself. ‘What’s up with everyone thinking I’m going to cause trouble?’ “Does everyone that move into this town cause trouble when they come here?” The last question you whispered to yourself as you walked out of the office while looking at your newly attained schedule. What you didn’t see while walking out of the office with your eyes focused on your schedule, however, was the look on the face of the guy who just walked through the main door of the school. He watched you disappear around a corner before mumbling to himself and smirking. “A new student, huh? This school year might be fun after all.” 

 

 

After turning the first corner on your way to find your homeroom, you stopped as you had the feeling that someone was watching you. You turned your attention away from your schedule and looked around, but there were no one in sight. That in itself was weird since people should be arriving soon as the start of school was nearing. You didn’t put too much thought into it, however, and continued walking down the hallway until you arrived at the stairway that would lead you to your homeroom on the first floor. 

How the classes are allocated here at Paradise High is: freshmen and sophomore students ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter