4: First Day of School [Part 3]

Paradise Hills [Fixed]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you had managed to calm yourself from the shock you just experienced, you stood up on your two, somewhat shaky, legs and proceeded to find the nearest washroom to splash some water on your now beet red face. You didn’t have to walk far before you saw the familiar sign beckoning you towards it. You felt relieved as you stumbled into the washroom. There was no one there, luckily. You stood in front of the mirror hanging over the sink with one hand on each side of the sink. You looked at yourself, looked at every feature of your face, but you couldn’t not understand why this guy, Dongwoo, had tried to kiss you. ‘It was probably some joke, right? Maybe he was dared to do it by his friends?’ you deliberated while scrutinising your face. You weren’t exactly what you yourself would call beautiful. You had short, boyish, dark brown hair, chocolate brown almond shaped eyes, and pink, average looking lips. Your skin was normally fair, but was right now as red as your maroon ribbon tie. Ok, not quite as red, but not far from it. You looked at your hair again and thought about the day you cut it short for the first time. 

It had been half a year ago, when your parents were still alive. You had accidentally gotten a chewing gum stuck in your long waist length hair. You mother had been frantic when you told her about it. She loved your long hair. She would always brush through it and braid it for you before you had to go to bed every night. However, you were never a vain person, hence you never wore makeup, cheep jewellery, and perfume which most other girls your age wore. Therefore, you had simply gone to the hairdresser down the street from your house and asked her to cut it short. You had to laugh while thinking of the expression on your mothers face when you came home that evening without your, what she would always say, “beautiful, long hair”. She had gotten used to it quite quickly though. She started thinking that the short hair suited you more than the long as it made you look like the Japanese actress Horikita Maki. That was probably also due to those Japanese genes your mother had so generously provided you with. 

You snapped out of your thoughts at the sound of the door behind you opening. “Look who we have here. It’s the new girl” A girl with long, light brown hair and beautiful facial features said to the two other girls who were following her. You remembered seeing this girl in your homeroom class, but you had no idea what her name was. “Why are you hiding here in the school toilet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter