Seen

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“A penny of your thoughts, son? You’ve been out of it all day,” Mrs. Kim stated, serving breakfast to her husband and son. Myungsoo shook his head while picking up a spoon to eat. He was dying of starvation, thinking a lot for the whole night about a certain person, his mental energy already drained.

 

“Slow down, honey, the food isn’t going anywhere,” Mrs. Kim patted her son's back as he suddenly erupted in to coughs. Myungsoo smiled sheepishly at his mother, making his eyes turn into slits. “I’m just hungry. I didn’t get anything to eat last night,” he pouted. Mrs. Kim caressed his cheeks, pitying her son and treating as if he was still a little kid.

 

“Talking about last night, I didn’t see your girlfriend, what was her name again?” “Seri…,” Mrs. Kim made a sour face, answering her husband. “Yeah, right, I didn’t see her anywhere?” Myungsoo gulped his juice before answering him, “We weren’t at the right term last night, so she left early,” he reasoned as Mr. Kim nodded his head in understanding.

 

“Such a relief,” Mrs. Kim muttered under her breath, but still, everyone at the table heard her. Mrs. Kim never really liked her. Much more, that girl had never made an effort to talk to Mrs. Kim, so the latter hadn't bothered too. Whenever they’d meet up as a family, Seri would always cling on to Myungsoo the whole time with her whiny little remarks. And it was so annoying.

 

“I’m done,” Myungsoo place his spoon on table, picking up a tissue to clean his mouth. He stood up and bowed to his parents before turning to leave the room. “Did you call Minah? How is that girl?” He caught his father’s words as he left the kitchen.

 

He wondered how that girl was doing too. She sure was very mysterious, he thought as last night’s events were being replayed in his mind.

 

“Your…Your face,” he stammered, looking at her.

 

Her hands shot up to her face, but it didn’t seem like her mask was peeled off. So what happened?

 

 When she cried hard, her mascara was spread all over her face, making her look scarier and also ruining her makeup. Like his hands had their own mind, they shot up to her face to wipe that part. But, just about a time he could touch her, she jerked her head to the side.

 

“Look, I’m not trying to harm you or anything. Just look—“

 

“Don’t come near,” she whimpered as she uncomfortably shifted on her seat. But he had his fair share of stubbornness; he, too, was tough candidate to back out easily. Instead of making her face him, he got up from his seat and stood before her. She backed out little taking notice that some shadow was hovering over her, just like in the past.

 

He knelt down and he took out his handkerchief from pocket, leaning forward to touch her face. But before he could even do that, her body had already collapsed over him, making him loose his balance.

 

“Y-yah,” he stuttered, while trying to shake her body. But there was no response or anything, so he gave her little push, not to that extent where she would be hurt, but enough to see her face.

 

He placed her head on his lap, again giving her a little shake, “Yah, yah, th-this isn’t fu-funny, you know!” Strands of her hair were sprawled all over her face, making him unable to see her face clearly. He gently tucked few strands of her hair behind her ears.

 

There was nothing special on her face that anyone would notice if they saw her from afar, but since there was short distance between them, he saw her face clearly. Two features stood out from her face, he'd noticed - her long eye-lashes and pink lips. And as he had said before, her brown orbs had that thing... which could attract anyone who’d stare in them.

 

“Yah! What you have done now?”

 

And that was the end of his peaceful observation, when Jung barged into the scene, followed by his friends.

 

“Aish! I’m going crazy,” he ruffled his hair sitting properly on his bed. He looked over his study table. He was holding up very well till now to not to go there and call Woohyun to ask about her, but now his patient limit was over. He grabbed that device and dialed his friend’s number on it, but unfortunately, Woohyun’s phone was out of coverage area, or so they said.

 

“I swear, I’m going to dump his phone in…in?” he scratched his head, thinking where to dump it. But not getting any particular place in his mind, he left that thing hanging and rushed out of his room.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, where are you going this early?” Mrs. Kim called out as soon as she saw her son running down on stairs. “Hospital,” he answered shortly, banging door close on his way out.              

 

 

“Can you tell me why are we here again?” Luhan trailed like lost puppy behind Kris, who was walking coolly ahead of him, pocketing his hands while looking around for someone.

 

“Keep quiet, will you?” Luhan unconsciously pouted, as he too, let his eyes wander around the area.

 

They were at Seoul Hospital. Luhan thought, what was the urgent matter that Kris dragged him from his bed early in the morning. He already had hangover from last night, not exactly hangover but whenever he attends any of his father’s business parties, he next day calls in for hangover. Also, the boys – except Tao – had emptied one bottle of Soju each.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter